Monday, February 7, 2022

The Wolf And The Lion

 It was a beautiful day yesterday .... just a tad bit of wind along with lots of WARM sunshine.  Boy have we been missing that!  Too bad the wind came up again last night, along with two of the loudest trains I've ever heard.  I could feel the vibration throughout the house!  That meant Cooper and I were up pretty early this morning.

I took the last quilt off the machine, saying thank you's for not letting me run out of thread.  Not that I'm in love with Amazon, but they actually delivered two spools last night about 7:30.  I'm back in business, at least as long as it's white thread I want to use.


So Baby remained idle all day long.  Maybe a little rest will do her good because the next quilt will be a big one!!


In the meantime, the Chance household called about going to the movies.  Heck YEAH!!  Anything to get out of the house for some R & R.  This is The Wolf and the Lion.  If it's playing near you, I recommend it. If you are an animal lover like me, you are going to hate parts of it.  

This is a true story (most of it anyway) about a lion cub snatched from Africa and send via airplane to a circus in Canada.  The plane crashes.


At the same time, a snow wolf has a baby puppy that she hides in a house after being chased by a guy trying to save the species.  I won't tell you any more since that would ruin the story.  


In case you were wondering, it cost us $6.75 each to get in (Military discount) which Dan paid for, meaning the popcorn was on me.  If you ever wondered how theaters make their money ... it's the food.  One medium .... not even the usual HUGE .... and one small bag, along with one small drink came to $23.25.  At least I think that's what it was because I was quickly shocked into mental unconsciousness!!

Thank goodness the movie made it worth it!!  Let's see ... popcorn $.50 and $.25, 2 bags $.50, total $1.25 ... oh, and $.30 for the soda water.  Profit $21.70.  Or something like that.  Anyway ... the popcorn was really good!!!  

I got home in time to hit the store for groceries.  This time the parrot was low on supplies.  It's a good thing I did that first, because today is INSURANCE day.  That's a subject I hate completely.  It's time to get ripped off on house and vehicle insurance, which always seems to require an adjustment (up of course) in my budget.  It's okay though because I got a $30 a month raise in retirement.  WOOHOO!!!!!

Back to quilting ... I think I have at least ten more to go!!


10 comments:

  1. Don't forget your $20+ in Social Security that increased...of course, it went up more than that, just to be taken away by increase cost in medicare. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how they make you THINK you got a raise, but really it goes in THEIR pocket!! I never seem to get a SS raise.

      Delete
  2. My your quilts are getting bigger and bigger. Really liked the red one. Dolly and I haven't been to a movie in years. I think it's time. If you have State Farm, thank you for paying part of my pension😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always been fun to go to a show!! I'm glad they are still in business! Sorry, I can't take credit for your pension. It's all because you worked so hard!!!

      Delete
  3. Like Doug and Dolly, we haven't stepped inside a movie theatre in a lot of years. I keep seeing some advertised (haven't seen the Wolf and Lion previewed though) that would be good but Bill never seems keen when I mention it.
    Seems like we are all doing something right, our Gov't retirement pensions PLUS our work pensions gave us a nice raise in January too! woohoo!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for more money!!! That was a great movie, filmed in Canada I think, as that's where it happened in real life. Most gorgeous house I've ever seen!!

      Delete
  4. Must be that time of year for insurance Co's. I had to talk with my agent today and of course a rate increase for auto and home and then he suggested a policy cover all the Policys. Beginning
    to see how I could be insurance poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's getting pretty crazy with the insurance thing! Just insurance costs me over $5,000 a year!!! What a waste of money when you never have a claim for anything!

      Delete
  5. How is Jonathan doing?
    Beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still alive and kicking!!!! Very happy to be back in his heated cage and talking up a storm lately. He's also molting, meaning I have a mess of feathers to clean up!!

      Delete