Saturday, February 19, 2022

JACKPOT!!!

If there's one thing I LOVE about this place in Arizona, this is it!  I hit the jackpot with the game camera yesterday.  Here's kitty-kitty, not limping any more, thank goodness, as she stops by at midnight.  Funny, she didn't take time for a drink, but kept going on up the hill by my rig. 


Then she came BACK about 6:30 in the morning.  How did I miss that?  I was sitting right here at my computer.  I suppose it was just too dark.  Not only did she drink, but it was a long one.  The entire next video was her lapping up the cool stuff, then this video where she finally walked off.  What a beautiful creature!!

Wouldn't you just like to snuggle into that soft fur?  I can tell you they are as soft as fluffy cotton.  I was lucky enough to hold a baby bobcat named what else but Bob, when I was in Oregon a few years ago.  


With fuel prices so high, and the ghost towns mostly two hours away, I stayed home again, trying to catch up on binding all those quilts.  This one is finished and turned out to be one of my favorites.


This one is NOT one of my favorites, which is why it's taking so long to complete.  There's lots of waste with this pattern, which doesn't make me happy at all.  Fabric is too expensive to be throwing away big chunks of every square.  I know Cindy's ears just perked up because she gets all my leftover fabric for her tiny-piece quilts.


Then there was the long discussion with yet another plumber, the one who is coming to pump my tank.  If you have a septic tank, it should be pumped about every five years.  I can tell you, it's NOT cheap!!  This one will probably run around $500, quite a bit more than the $250 we used to charge.  So much for my savings on insurance!!  My plumbing problem is now up to $900.

Here's my two flower pots in a dry hole, which I'm thankful for.  They do things differently here in Arizona with not one, but two clean outs.  If I had a hose long enough, I could probably dump my tanks here, but I'm talking LONG hose.  Pumping will happen next Thursday.


There's more videos to come from the night's frolicking.  I was wondering why the water level was so low in the water station.  I'll show you why in the next blog!!  

PLUS ... there's a rodeo in town and we are going tomorrow!!  Now THAT will be FUN!!!


14 comments:

  1. Our last house was on a lake, they did not allow drain fields so we just had a holding tank that had to be pumped out every month. I was about $100 a month that we just built into our expense. The funny thing about it was the guy would who came and did it would often have a sandwich in one hand and the pump hose in another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup that's usual for anyone who works with tanks. My crew would just laugh as they got paid the big bucks!!!

      Delete
  2. Here at Cochise Terrace (CT Resort) I was able to buy fresh farm eggs. Went to the office on Friday a.m. to buy a dozen & was told no more. A mountain lion ate all the chickens. Sad. I will continue to buy Hickman eggs at Safeway (local from Goodyear, AZ). Nice looking quilts. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh poor chickens!! I've seen several videos of mountains lions in the nearby mountains.

      Delete
  3. I love the blue/white quilt! Beautiful job Nancy! :) I know they always say too pump every five years we never did at our house we lived in for 18 years and it was still fine when we sold it. I really think depends on how many people are using on a regular basis. We've been here 9 and no problems. Of course there's only 2 of us most times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. It's one of my all time favorite quilts. It all depends on how big your leach field is and if you don't use it that much. I haven't had my other one pumped, but there's just me.

      Delete
  4. Great videos. Speaking of cuddling soft fur, I'm sending you an email that will make you drool. :)
    Beautiful quilts. Good luck with the pumping, maybe the plumber will like your smile and give you a cheaper rate. 😁 One can only hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy video that was!! Maybe the third plumber will be the charm!!

      Delete
  5. That distance from RV to Sewer is no challenge at all if you had a portable Macerator Pump, but for $400+ it isn't worth it for the few times you would actually need it (unless someone was living in the RV for an extended time period)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially since I can just go dump down the road for $5.00!!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful and strong bobcat. Always wanted to go to a rodeo but has still alluded me 😒. Good luck with the plumbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rodeos are fun, but usually the same time every year. Last year got rained out, so hopefully this year it's a go!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! Great videos of that bobcat! Now I'm curious what those other videos show. How fun with the rodeo in town. Haven't been to one in years but always a good show! I like that blue quilt; very nice!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty!!! I can't wait to post those next videos. Pretty fun!!!

      Delete