Sunday, February 20, 2022

Baby Baby Baby!!!!

On this day I woke up.  Seriously, at my age it has to be the best part of the day, when you wake up every morning, even after some weird nightmares of taking a shower with a towel on while trying to find the correct very wet paperwork as people toured the bathroom.  Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in my brain after hours!!

Although it started out windy yesterday, it settled down into a nice 70 degree day.  It was fun checking out the newest videos of the bobcat, but even better when I saw the next set.  It took some time to find it, but remember this javelina show from December?  I loved seeing the babies.


So guess who came to visit again!!  What a herd!  The babies definitely are getting bigger.  Cute, but not cute if you know what I mean.  


I wondered why the water level was so low.  They all had their fill until Mom decided it was time to go.  The babies looked a little frantic, not sure what they should be afraid of.  I am usually only graced with the presence of one or two.  I hit the jackpot this time!!


Once the videos were all checked out, it was time for breakfast.  After having that cinnamon roll at Patsy and Bills, I thought why not do it again!!  Interestingly enough, there was only one left in the case at Safeway.  That thought must have hit all of Tucson at once.
Yes I know this is weird, but I heard you could put them in a waffle iron to bake.  Since Patty gave me an extra one she had, I figured I would give it a shot.  As you know, most of my shots don't work out so well. This was a VERY hot iron and I had no idea whatsoever of how long to cook it.  

It came out a little burnt on one side.  I SHOULD have smothered it in syrup, which makes ANYTHING better, but instead I spread on a little of that cream cheese frosting.  It was okay, actually done in the middle, but I gave it an F for FAIL.  If you're going to have cinnamon rolls, you should have them soft and  fluffy!  You should also buy the smaller ones that will cook faster.


I baked the remaining ones in the oven like you are supposed to and they turned out fabulous ..... almost.  The directions said to bake them at 350 for 25 minutes.  They barely made 17 minutes before I could smell the black on the bottom.  Not bad ... it was only the sugar ... not enough to keep me from scarfing down the biggest one.


I'm pretty sure that two more will disappear at this mornings breakfast table.  In the meantime, I'm still hand sewing.  As fortune would have it, I forgot the binding for one little quilt and had to hit the fabric store.  My excuse is I had a gift card.  $200 later (no one ever said fabric was cheap) I was out the door with enough for another queen sized quilt, along with extra for a previous one.  I asked for 1-3/4 yards and they only cut 3/4.  Lesson learned ... stand right there and count as they measure, never walk away.

Back home, I was hit up big time by the little critter that lives with me.  That's his blond head staring down at the ball he has placed in my lap because I just wasn't being attentive enough.  This happens many times a day ... a lovely sloppy dog slobber wet ball landing in my lap while he stares at it, waiting for it to magically be thrown across the room.  YUCK!


Today we are heading out to La Fiesta De Los Vaqueros Tucson Rodeo for some cowboy action.  Hopefully I'll have some action packed images for you tomorrow instead of sewing pictures.


8 comments:

  1. Indy likes to bring her squirrel toy to me, I toss it, she catches it and instead of bringing it back, she goes to one of her beds, chews on while looking at me. Sometimes when I call her back to me she will come, other times not. It's like "one throw and I am happy again" game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the javelina! They are almost comical how they come prancing in there to get a drink of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are funny those guys. Always very skittish and boy can they run!!

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness, a rodeo. Dolly is great at making black bottom rolls 😁. Glad to see their are others. Those javelin have grown. I guess families stay together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's the baker, I think it's the recipe!! Javelina grow fast and usually stay in small groups.

      Delete
  4. Wow, great videos of the javelina! I have not seen them in person but when we lived in Prescott we had some come through the area we lived in. They made quite a bit of noise and knocked over our quail block we had out for the quail to eat.

    Slobbery balls are a thing here too at our house. Our dog also has small round squeaker toys that he brings to us to throw. They can be so slobbery they slip out of my fingers while I'm trying to throw them :)

    Hoping the rodeo brings lots of great pictures to share!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Javelina can also be pretty destructive if there's something in the soil they want. Sure are fun to watch.

      Oh the things we do for our Pets!!

      Delete