Thursday, February 17, 2022

My Hole Has Gotten Bigger!!

It's back to freezing chilly cold in Arizona.  I think it stayed around the 50's yesterday.  Add to that a nice wet rain in which to stand while staring at the ground, and you have a day not worth remembering.  EXCEPT for the next plumber in line.  Are all plumbers this good looking in Arizona?  I may just have to plug my lines on purpose!!

Thank goodness ... at least so far ... the snow moon hasn't brought any of that white stuff with it.  It did however bring enough light that I thought the sun was shining through my bedroom window.


When it finally dawned on me that the plumber would be here between nine and twelve, I put another quilt on the frame.  This one had me stumped for awhile with its geometric pattern of squares.  I finally landed on a circle pattern, just to be different, probably going against every quilting law on the planet.


I'm quickly learning things like how to size one circle, duplicate it and make 36 of them fit the material.  There was a small glitch or two, but I doubt anyone would ever notice.  I will NOT however, enter any of these in a quilt show!  The notations would be brutal I'm sure.


And then the Plumber showed up.  A strapping young guy with a great beard ... woohoo!  I commended him for arriving in the pouring rain.  Not everyone would stand outside in the freezing cold and wet to dig up someone's drain line.  Yes he had a ring on, I looked, but I'm not into robbing the cradle.  He removed the flower pot, dug some dirt out and found the pipe.

Next up he brought out the biggest drain cleaner I've ever seen.  He said he thought it went all the way to the tank, which we found by the old fashioned "I think it's here" method.  Sure enough upon stabbing the ground with a huge steel rod, we found the tank.  I flushed the toilet twice and we heard the water rush by with nothing coming to the surface.  YAY!!  He replaced the plug, but not the flower pot.

Then he thought he might dig a little more, making the hole a little bigger.  Wouldn't you know, he found yet ANOTHER flower pot!!  What there heck is THAT one for?

I am rather familiar with septic systems since having been in the construction business for about twelve years.  We poured our own septic tanks, installed systems, repaired systems, built roads with lots of heavy equipment and any number other things.  I have never seen anything like this EVER!

So the decision was made to have the tank pumped and check the inlet to be sure it's clear.  I have no problem with that at all since it means yet ANOTHER plumber will be visiting!!  Yes, all this is costing me a fortune ... at least as much as what I saved on the insurance.  Easy come, easy go I suppose.  


To sooth my wallet by depositing money in the bank, I soothed my soul by getting dinner from Taco Bell right next door.  This is the taco blast box ... a combination of chalupa (what is that?), hot chicken taco, regular crispy taco and a burrito of some kind.  

I ate the tacos and got instant indigestion, which I think comes with every order.  I saved the burrito for this morning's breakfast and swapped the mint out for a Tums.


I could probably do some laundry this morning, but I'm chicken.  Besides, how often do you have an excuse NOT to do laundry?  If nothing explodes into a geyser in the back yard in the next few days, I'll give it a shot.  The next plumber will arrive on Monday.


It was a magnificent sunset last night, although a little weird that it happened at the top of the mountains, coloring them a bright pink.  Life is good, even if my hole is bigger!!


13 comments:

  1. I told Marcia that I probably should have been a plumber...ya, you got to deal with S**t, but you sure get paid a big pile of s**t for it. $1,100 to take out the dishwasher, the garbage disposal, and install four new shut-off valves to replace the nearly 30 year old copper ones that were all frozen open. Two guys, two hours each...the parts are like what, $9 each at Home Depot????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Of course the guys don't get paid that, just the owners. I have to admit, the expenses to have employees were through the roof, but still, we made money.

      Delete
  2. I get a smile and chuckle when I read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that Loree ... it makes me smile!! You just have to laugh in life or things will really go downhill!!

      Delete
  3. We don't eat fast food anymore but when we did, Taco Bell was my favorite! The moon certainly has been beautiful las t few nights and what a beautiful sunset you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had our share of septic tank and plumbing issues with this house. When we meet again (positive thinking) we can share stories. Jerry and I paid for the septic tank problems and Sondra paid for the 2nd plumbing problem. The cost of the 2nd problem delayed the house painting venture. But at least the upstairs toilets flush and we no longer have water pouring out thru a light fixture onto the first floor. Oh....Sondra was never told there was a septic tank. That was a nice surprise! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh MY!!!! Yeah, anyone who has always lived in the city has no idea. I'll give you a couple tips ... never EVER put food down the garbage disposal. It does not disintegrate and will plug up the tank. And this one you are familiar with ... use RV type toilet paper.

      Delete
  5. The quilt looks beautiful. We're not as critical as judges would be.
    Hoping that your drain system holds no further surprises.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Patty always tells me. No one will notice!!

      Delete
  6. I loved Taco Bell years ago and haven't had it in years.
    Another beautiful quilt. Love the circle stitching.
    Good luck with your plumbing. Even if they are married nothing wrong with enjoying eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sunset! I'm waiting for it to warm up again myself here! And I think all the good looking plumbers are in your area because all the plumbers we get seem to be old and a little (lot) overweight. I like the quilt!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the plumbers Betty!! We shall see who shows up next time!

      Delete