Saturday, February 5, 2022

Someone Turn Off The AC Please

 I hope everyone is tucked away in a warm spot.  This weather is nothing like I've ever seen here.  It was another 27 degree night, but this time the wind blew ALL night long.  Not just a little wind either, so the first thing I did was make sure my RV cover was still standing.

It was a ferocious blower that kept that one tiny branch hitting the patio cover near my bed.  If it hadn't been so cold, I would have chopped it off at midnight!!  It moved my garbage can four feet from the side of the garage, spinning it around sideways and made my very heavy rubber foot scrubber fly like a magic carpet to the bottom of the hill.  Maybe I'm in Kansas!  Sadly, there were no plumber dreams.

I did expect to have some new videos, but upon checking the folder where they are stored on the SD card, it had magically disappeared.  That meant no videos.  I reprogrammed the card and should find something this morning.  In the meantime, here's Big Momma who I recognize by the markings on her back.  She has passed the same markings down to two of her babies.  


I was a little slow on the uptake as far as quilting.  Cooper has been feeling completely ignored and showed his displeasure with sad little cries from the living room.   Okay little buddy ... so I sat with him for about two hours while he soaked up some love.  


While doing that, I checked my email and discovered this!!  Just WOW ... it's rock painting and gourds all rolled in to one beautiful piece of art.  I may just have to try this since I already have everything hanging out in my cupboards.  


Finally at noon I decided to try quilting again.  What I've found so far is that most all of the patterns that come with the machine are just not my cup of tea.  Most of them are for specific areas ... corners, borders, triangles ... while I just want to go from one side to the other (edge to edge) and do the entire thing.  Not only that, but there are no cowboy/western/horse patterns at all. 

That of course means a trip to the internet where for $15 each (sometimes on sale) I can download patterns that suit me better.  Needless to say, that adds up pretty fast!!  I'm also discovering that PICKING a pattern is harder than expected.  I finally decided on this one, a sunburst design, because the fabric is all kokopeli and it seemed to work.  

HOWEVER ... little did I know I was going to cut the threads and restart 35 times!!  I was so amazed .... the first 30 times went beautifully with NO problems at all.  Maybe I'm getting the hang of it after all.  That last row decided to give me trouble, but I finished it.


The different overhead lights throw the color off a bit.  This is what it looks like in real life.  That's four down and many more to go.  


In the meantime, I'm learning more about needles and thread than I ever really cared to know.  There are specific needles for specific threads, which makes it a miracle I finished all these quilts since I'm mixing up everything the way it should not be.  Sounds about right for me!!!

As the wind howls around my house, I'll be sitting on the couch warm and cozy until the next quilting marathon where I stand and watch it every second just in case it goes crosswise!!  Today I'm going to try a queen size, just to see how much trouble I can get into!!




10 comments:

  1. Rock painting and gourd vase is just beautiful! I think you could do it, obviously you are very talented! Love your quilting, turning out gorgeous! Windy here too and cold (not as cold as you though) ready for the wind to stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had enough wind to last an entire year!! Not my favorite "season", the wind.

      Delete
  2. Why not check out Amazon they got 24 polyester sewing machine thread at 1000 yards Per spool each any color you want no more practicing with the bobbin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many spools on order ... just waiting for them to arrive!!

      Delete
  3. What Cooper needs is his own small quilt with a 'dog bone' quilt pattern...then he will understand what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew quilting was so complicated? We certainly didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took the words right out of my mouth!! No wonder they charge so much to make them!! You definitely need to be a computer pro!!

      Delete
  5. Yuma is the same except he wimpers first and then goes into full bark mode. Especially does it when working on my blog 😀 I'm sure it will get easier with experience if you still have short term memory 😆 Hot here today with a slight breeze

    ReplyDelete