Thursday, February 10, 2022

The Bunnies Are Jealous

So SO many bunny videos.  I thought they came out during the day time, but I was wrong.  They are out all night long, using up video space.  Apparently they are jealous that coyotes and raccoons are getting all the air time.  So I finally decided to post one.  I mean really, out of 23 videos, 20 are of big bunny eyes.   I guess that's so they can see better at night!  I thought that was the big bad wolf!!


On the other hand, I wish these guys would come out every night.  I just love the way they are always washing their hands.


The kids and I hung out inside most of the day.  I finally gave the quilting a rest, although I did load the next one, being particularly careful which direction it was headed.  From there on it was hand sewing all the binding for two quilts.  

My fingers are poked full of holes and very tender to the touch this morning.  I put bandaids on my fingertips, but every once in awhile, the needle eye goes right through flesh!  OUCH!!  

There were a couple hours in between where I contemplated all my insurance.  If I add it up, I think I could have bought another house with all the insurance payments I've made.  Most of the problem is of course California.  

Besides that, I've noticed companies seem to give you a deal the first year, maybe two, then they SOCK IT TO YOU!!!  Anyone remember Goldie Hawn?  Right now my insurance is up to $6,200 for this year.  In spite of talking to the nice guy who I complimented on being A+ with the Better Business Bureau, he has never called me back.

On to the next one ... a friend who sells for State Farm, and I may even call up Farmers.  I mean really, $1450 for my 2012 Jeep is pretty ridiculous!!  It's the same price for my entire house!!  Being an accountant, you KNOW this is not my favorite way to spend my retirement!!!  I've cutting coverage at every corner.

Dinner was a very blurry plate of meatloaf and scalloped potatoes.  Thank you Elva for the reminder that I love meatloaf!  


And finally, a beautiful sunset.  Not really ... this actually happened two days ago and I forgot to post it.  


I think I need to get out of the house more often!!!


10 comments:

  1. I need to go over my insurance expenses too. I know I'm over insured on my vehicles and up the deductibles. Of course when I do that I'll have an accident 😁. Love your expensive dinnerware 😄. And the sunset is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fewer dishes, the less washing. It's my mantra!!

      Delete
  2. I has so much Meatloaf as a child that I told Marcia that is something I just am not interested in eating again. 5 kids plus mom and dad and one pound of hamburger meant lots of onions and oatmeal and who knows what in the meatloaf to make it stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I get it!! We always had plenty of really good meat for burgers, so no oatmeal!! Saltine crackers!!!

      Delete
  3. I try not to think how much money goes out between insurance and taxes; it is totally depressing!

    Love the animal pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I agree. And how many times have we actually had to use it??

      Delete
  4. I need to fix meatloaf more often. Jerry loves it. Sometimes we forget about these simple meals. But I do understand Dave's comment. I ate a hamburger from Mr. G's in Yuma. The "meat" had so much filler that there was no meat taste. Beautiful sunsets. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. I rarely eat meatloaf "out" since they don't fix it like I do. LOL

      Delete
  5. Before i read this, Bill asked me if i could make meatloaf one night soon. He loves it and it has been a long time since I've made it.
    Love this bunnies! Brave little guys since the coyotes frequent that very spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bunnies sure are brave. Weird that they disappear when the coyotes come near. I bet you make a mean meatloaf!!!

      Delete