Friday, February 11, 2022

Celebrate!! Celebrate!!

 Dance to the music .......... even if it's just in your head.  We are definitely celebrating the warm 70 degree weather in Arizona at long last!!  Not that it will last, I think it's going to snow next week if the weather guessers are correct.

AND I'm celebrating another quilt that stitched out perfectly.  I must finally be getting the hang of it.


This is one of my favorite quilts I think, being made out of leftover fabric from a pillowcase marathon for cancer patients.  It's also the biggest one I've done yet.


Yes, I held my breath a couple of times, literally running out of bobbin thread in the last two stitches.  That seems to be the Achilles heel.  You never know how far that thread will go, and it all depends on the design.


I celebrated with an entire can of Pepsi, something I haven't had in the house in almost a year.  It was a mighty tasty treat and my sweet tooth was a happy camper!!


Then it was off to town.  That little $5.00 coupon was burning a hole in my pocket.  Mostly, I wanted to be sure it didn't expire.  That's when I found out I get a 20% discount on everything I buy until the end of the month.  You can't save unless you purchase, so I'm making up a new list!!  

Needles were numero uno since they recommend a new one for every quilt.  I haven't done that exactly, but have gone through several already.  I've now learned more about needles than I ever wanted.  There's a different one for every different type of thread, which is why I'm sticking with only ONE brand.


Next up, a quick trip to Ace Hardware for a wire cage.  It seems in the big wind last week, the little solar panel that keeps my motion sensor lights working, broke off.  Too much time in the sun I guess.

I had a hard time describing what I needed ... heck I didn't even know what I wanted ... and was sent to the back of the store.  On the way, what should I find but the bird feeder section.  There it was, ingenuity staring me in the face.  It's for a big hunk of suet, but after measuring, I discovered it's the perfect size!!

I'm not sure it's secured exactly, but for now, it holds the solar panel in place and my lights work.  YAY!!!  I did a little happy dance.


Time for a celebration dinner!!  This meatloaf burger was one of the best things I've made in a long time.  


Don't forget the chips!!!  All served up on my best dinnerware.  I'm trying to use as little water as possible until I hear from the plumber ... who by the way has not called me back like she said she would.  She did sound a little frazzled on the phone.


AND of course another call is in order for the insurance because they haven't called or sent me anything either.  Sadly, I guess service is definitely a thing of the past!!  

On the other hand, I'm celebrating those truckers at the border of the US and Canada standing up for freedom of choice.  Yes we may be short of some supplies here and there, but it's working.  Providences are stopping the mandates for vaccinations and proof of same, as have many other countries.  All I can say is I'm celebrating their HUTZPAH!!!  If anyone can, Jerry can!!  


13 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that Canada's government (perhaps it is just the PM, but something tells me it is more than just him) wants to continue this when other countries, and now many of our most liberal states, and ending the so called "crisis". I think there will be a call for a new election for a Prime Minister of Canada very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched some of their meetings. The heckling of Trudeau is epic, but I don't see him even trying to resolve the situation.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the quilts and ingenuity with the suet feeder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I thought the feeder was a perfect idea!

      Delete
  3. See, it didn't take you long to become the master quilter! Good that you managed to learn this machine so quickly. You can say that your motion sensor lights has gone to the birds. Nice ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that light has gone to the birds ... in more ways than one!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I had no doubts that you would master that machine. ❤
    Marlene is so funny. I've been trying to find my suet feeder, you just reminded me of that.
    Yummy looking 🍔!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy ... I may even have to buy another one for the birds!!

      Delete
  5. Your meatloaf burger looks so good. For a long time I didn't have an oven. I would mix up a meatloaf and make patties from the mixture. We found the burgers very tasty. Yesterday Nevada rescinded the mask mandate effective immediately. Except for schools. Students and school employees had a wear a mask for the rest of the day. Then on Friday no masks would be required. Makes sense to me! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Nevada, though I'm surprised. Have you seen the kids? They are SO happy!!!

      Delete
    2. If you are referring to that video....yes I saw it. Elva

      Delete
  6. That quilt is beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! That is one of my favorite patterns ... and colors!

      Delete