Friday, February 18, 2022

So ..... I'm Sewing!!

Oh to be able to sleep like this puppy!  No worries about insurance or plumbing, only visions of Beggin Strips dancing in his head.  That's his favorite treat, and believe me, if he doesn't get it in the first 15 minutes of being awake, I'm in for a scolding with barks that will pierce your ears.

Later, while I'm playing with my phone working brain games to stay sharp enough not to sew my shirt to the quilt, he crashes like this.  Do NOT touch him or move much because you will get the growl of a 125 pound tiger giving you what for.  He's entertaining, I can say that!! 


While visions of tacos floated through my head (notice the REAL cheese on this one, not the gooey orange  liquid stuff they call cheese), I contemplated my insurance over and over.  Maybe Doug can offer a little help if he gets a chance to read this.  

I called State Farm and said to insure my house.  Gave them my credit card number since the old insurance expired on 2/13.  The charge went through my bank, I checked, but I have nothing ... not even an email that says I have insurance.  I know they will send something in the mail, but I probably won't get it for two months.  Sooooooooo ... do I trust them and cancel the "old" policy?  Truly, it's keeping me awake at night.  Yes I called and explained my dilemma, but still have not received anything.  Don't you just LOVE insurance companies???


In the interest of distracting myself, I made a quick trip to Safeway, jut a couple miles away.  It's nice to live out in the desert, yet have a grocery store close at hand.  Here's my tip of the day.  If there's one available, shop Safeway.  Download their App, sign up and take advantage of their specials and deals.  

Here's what I got on this day:  $7.00 off any beef product (I got a $25.00 roast, only $13.00 if you are a member on the app, minus the $7.00).  $6.00 isn't bad for a 4 pound roast.

Next up, I had points I was going to lose ... they even told me ... so I got a roasted chicken for FREE.

Add to that, a free 10 pound bag of potatoes for having the app.  What a haul!!  PLUS you get discount gas points you can use when filling up.  All that sure adds up, even though some of Safeway's prices are a little higher.  Their fruits and vegetables are also really good, at least here.  Sometimes I get free eggs, sometimes bread ... you just have to check the app every time you go for groceries.


In the meantime, I kept sewing and sewing, poking holes in my fingers every so often just to be sure I was awake.


Big Momma stopped by for a drink, as did several others.  The really skittish one apparently sees the infra red lights on the camera because he walked around the long way and didn't stop.


I'm holding my breath this morning when I retrieve the camera.  I dropped it yesterday, saying lots of bad words.  I'm hoping it still works.  

We are down to 30 degrees again this morning, with a high of 64.  So much for going to the warm desert in the winter.  I was thinking I might wander down to a lower elevation to thaw out, but fuel has reached a crazy $3.86 a gallon ... in ARIZONA!!  I think that's unheard of.  It may be enough to keep me at home for a while longer.  


20 comments:

  1. In Sacramento I like Safeway's produce better than Raley's, stays fresher longer.

    Yep, gas has me a bit worried too...not that it will keep us home, but it might limit how much travel we do outside of going to Sacramento and back. Six more weeks or so and we head out again.

    (Hope to blog with pictures about the kitchen later today...he has about 4 more hours of work to do, of course, counter tops will follow in 10-14 days.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My how time flies. Fewer side trips I think, since fuel is so high. Don't think I've ever seen it this high in Arizona.

      Delete
  2. Biden/Newsom gas went up to $4.89/gal at our little local Shell yesterday. Premium and diesel are $5.09/gal. If I had houses in CA and AZ, I would sell the one in CA in a heartbeat while there are still folks dumb enough to buy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!!! I haven't seen diesel over $5.00 in forever. Nice of Biden/Newsom to make EVERYTHING more expensive!

      Delete
  3. Sorry your Arizona weather has evaded you this winter. Hopefully this isn't a long term trend. As for insurance. Money is deposited first thing and the application goes through an issuance flow. Keep your old insurance till you get your policy and then backdate your other policy for cancelation. Don't worry. Let the flow go its course. Oh, and you have the best little town at your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is my insurance expired 2/13. I haven't given official notice of cancellation, but would like to so I don't get a notice of non-pay.

      Delete
  4. I shop Safeway here in Benson. I get the points and use toward fuel. I do not use for 'free' or 'cents off' on items. I use a lot of their 'Safeway 4 U' items. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use all the points towards fuel, but they also give away stuff for free if you check the app under deals. You do have to scroll a bit, but it was worth it!!

      Delete
  5. I wish we had a Safeway/Albertsons. If you pay attention to the sales ad you can do quite well. Yesterday we went to West Sacramento. The station close to the house.....$5.00 for diesel. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy do I hate to see that. It takes over $200 to fill my truck!!

      Delete
  6. The incentives from the supermarkets to lure you to be come a regular customer are great nowadays. I do take advantage of their offerings back home and have saved hundreds of dollars every year in free food and merchandise. I signed up here at Winn-Dixie which is across from the park although I usually go to Aldi and Walmart. Just after purchasing a few little things at W-D they gave me free pasta, a tub of ice-cream and bogo on other everyday foods. Great I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth it, especially when you get free ice cream!!! I don't do Walmart much any more ... their veggies never seemed to be very good.

      Delete
  7. Safeway apps sound great. I don't like the ones like Albertson's where you have to check off coupons. Not sure if we're close to one but I'll download it just in case.
    Cutie pie Cooper. They sure keep us entertained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll show you how to get the best deals when I see you. It's been really great here.

      Delete
  8. Diesel up here in Oregon is $4.19, at least that is the cheapest I have found. There are some stations well over that. We are headed across country next week, I better take out a small loan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding!! It's going to be expensive this trip!! I've pretty much cut meat out of my diet just to pay for fuel!

      Delete
  9. Wow and we're complaining about 3.70 or so for gas. Any bargain you can get better take advantage! I agree with KCD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the bargains!! Fuel prices are one big reason I haven't been hitting the ghost towns.

      Delete
  10. We are warming up this weekend here at least. I'm trying to remember if this was the normal pattern from last year but drawing a blank :) I think here in Phoenix we paid $3.84 for the next grade up from regular unleaded but we also had a fuels reward of I think 10 cents off a gallon from Fry's.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposed to be 73 and sunny here. I was in shorts this time last year! Haven't checked Fry's fuel prices here. I'll have to take a look see.

      Delete