Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Finally ... The Perfect Day!!!

Besides drinking my fake flavored coffee, morning chores always involve the game camera.  Apparently something or someone spent some time rubbing on this bush.  This guy, and later his buddy, spent even MORE time smelling the bush to see what had been in their territory.   I would say bunnies, but the bush is too tall for that.  I'm guessing that happened when my camera fell down.


I'm pretty sure it wasn't Jonathan, as he's always cozy in his little warm house.  As you can see, he's molting, probably brought on by the cold Quartzsite weather followed by his whole house heater.  Those little feathers come out by the dozens ..... all over the floor.  SO much fun to pick up every day!!

He's been very vocal the last couple of days, discoing, bobbing up and down and screaming for the kitty.  Sometimes I wonder if the neighbors can hear!!


Then things all went to ..... well I try not to use dirty words.  It was time to dump the RV tanks after 10 days of living in it.  I dumped a couple more big buckets of water in before hooking up.  Gee ... that seemed to be way too easy!!  

I tripled checked everything before leaving for the Pima County Fairgrounds.  I took the long route and made lots of stops to be sure everything was shaken loose.  You can dump at the fairgrounds for a measly $5.00.

Lucky for me the lane was open with only one guy ahead of me.  Either I can use this rig for over a month using my water skills, or something is really wrong.  I'm guessing the tank lights are VERY incorrect, unlike my other rig, because it seemed there wasn't much to dump.  

Backing in when I got back home seemed easier too ... maybe I'm getting used to it.  I added some chemicals and a couple big buckets of water.  So here's my question of the day.  What chemicals do YOU use?  I've always used Aqua Chem ... never had a smell or a problem with anything.  Now it seems you can't buy that any more.  I have a jar of Happy Camper, but it's a dry mixture and I've no clue how to use it.  Anyone have a great solution they use?


With all the chores done, I was back to quilting.  FINALLY number eight is the charm, the cat's meow, the first quilt done with NO mistakes!!!  I did a little happy dance around the house while Cooper chased me and Jonathan screamed.  We all got in on the celebration!!!!


That euphoria didn't last long however.  I had noticed a little water leak in the back yard.  Thinking it was part of the drip irrigation system, I carefully dug it up to find this.  WHAT THE HECK????  This is the sewer line!   

You are not going to believe this.  Apparently the previous owners cut a hole in this drain pipe.  To cover it up, they put lots of dirt in a flower pot, then stuck a plug (that won't screw in to the pipe) on the top, turned it upside down and stuck it on the drain line.  I guess that's supposed to seal the pipe???  Good grief!!!

I called the plumber back, but he's on vacation and can't come out until next week.  It's not real bad at this point, but take that pot away and it's a big mess.  In the meantime, I'll just put a big rock on top and hope it doesn't turn into a geyser!!!


As it turns out, it wasn't the perfect day, but it was up until I decided to dig up the back yard.  It's okay, the weather has warmed up a tad and we expect 70 degree days this week.  That can make up for a lot of troubles!!



18 comments:

  1. Jonathan is very photogenic! That face :) Our tank lights are always wrong and have been on everything we've ever owned. Luckily you have a good plumber who will get you squared away again. Amazing what people do isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan is a handful! LOL I hear about those tank lights from everyone. Guess I'll figure it out.

      Delete
  2. If he's molting and bobbing up an down she/he's horny.,,,, rub your 2 knuckles up and down on her his Beak they like that
    Dump a quarter of a cup Of Wesson oil in there no stick no smell
    Keep digging in your backyard looks like you found another free drain for your RV dump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you have a hose connection for tank cleaner on your black tank ??

      Delete
    2. Yes I do, I just didn't use it because I don't have a hose. Yup I'm getting one just for that!!

      Delete
  3. Nancy there should be directions on that Happy Camper jar, George used that all the time. I have seen the Aqua Chem here in Quartzsite. Any of the products out there for this can be used as long as it doesn't contain Formaldehyde, most of those have been taken off the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that's what made it work!!!!!! Yeah I've heard that ... I'll try the Happy Camper stuff.

      Delete
  4. Glad the dump went well. And now you have the perfect quilt. Sounds like you, Cooper and Jon are ready for the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are! Looks like the 70's for one whole week!! Yay!!

      Delete
  5. Nancy, our three RVs all use HAPPY CAMPER. Never had a problem. After dumping, I put 1 or 2 scoops of Happy Camper (powder) in the toilet and flush. Done. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn. I actually could not read the directions on the jar.

      Delete
  6. You sure that's a sewer line. That is not very deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%. I just don't understand WHY?? I hope it's fixable without too much digging.

      Delete
  7. Ha. The flower pot solution is highly similar to the tin foil with hose clamps that I found one time. Sewer solutions can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tin foil? I guess that kept the aliens away too? Good grief!

      Delete
  8. a scoop of detergent, a capful of Calgon, and a tablespoon of RID-X in the tank. The detergent cleans the tank, the Calgon acts as a surfactant cutting the film that blocks the level sensors, and the RID-X introduces enzymes and bacteria that help to break down and emulsify the waste, reducing the chance of a clog while draining the tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a recipe I'm going to keep! And I have all three! Thanks Jan!!!

      Delete
  9. Might be a good time to put a clean out in the sewer line, and the clean out works to hook up for dumping your RV tanks!
    ASK the plummer.

    ReplyDelete