Sunday, February 13, 2022

Happy Happy ..... OH NO!!

I'm awake ... I'm awake!  Here's Cooper's M.O.  It's 3:30 am when the early morning big train stops by.  Cooper rolls over.  At 4:00 he sits up and yawns, then plunks down beside me, making sure I'm awake.  I lay very very still and breath very quietly, hoping to fall back to sleep for at least an hour.  

He stands up, gives another big squeaky yawn and moves up closer to my head.  I pretend to sleep.  He creeps up little by little until his nose is touching mine.  Okay ... Okay ... I'm getting up, whereupon he buries his head in the covers and digs underneath me like I'm laying on his favorite toy.  

I relent as he races into the living room for the ball.  It's time to play kick the ball as I stumble around trying to make my morning cup-o-Joe!!!  This is an EVERY morning routine.

Hoping for a few snoozes on the couch later on, we went for a walk to tire him out.  Somehow that never seems to happen.  I come back exhausted and he wants to go for another 3 miles.  It has become a MUST DO that we also walk down the pathway to the water station so he can mark HIS territory and smell the coyotes.  He's fascinated with the smells.


Here's Big Daddy and ... wait for it ... Big Momma, ruler of all things coyote, having a drink together.  Anyone else has to wait a sufficient distance away before drinking.  


It was a lazy Saturday, so let's put another quilt on the frame.  I was determined to get insurance off my mind, so I tried a new pattern this time.  It worked out very well, even if every one is a challenge as far as thread goes.  


Here's my problem ..... I now have a huge stack of quilts that require binding.  That involves cutting the fabric, sewing it together, lots of ironing, then an entire day of hand sewing, just to finish one.  I'm determined to get through a couple of these in the next few days.  


I'm happy to say my huge roll of wool batting finally arrived.  It's folded in half, then rolled, so there's a lot more there than meets the eye.  I will definitely be trying this out on the next one I quilt.  I like the extra thickness, not to mention quilts should be WARM!!  Luckily they are all washable in cold water and can be machine dried on low, in case you wanted to know.


In the meantime, I needed to do one very small load of laundry.  I put everything on the lowest settings, just to get them done and see what would happen to the sewer problem.  Happy Happy .... OH NO!!!  Let me just say .... it's a problem!!!  It may even be a much bigger problem than I thought.  Well actually I thought about it, but I didn't want to!!!

The good news is if it's really required, I have an RV I can live in for a month or so.  Oh the joys of home ownership!!

Today is football heaven for those interested.  It's the perfect chance for the men to watch the game, then do something spectacular tomorrow for Valentine's Day to make up for it.  I'm not really interested in either team this year, nor do I care to watch the kneeling for our flag when they should be standing up saluting it and the Veterans who have kept it there.  

However, there will be a celebration of sorts ... I hope ... as Patty and I make experimental chicken and waffles for dinner.  I'll let you know how that turns out!



15 comments:

  1. For around $60 you can get a 50' Endoscope Camera for Plumbing/Sewer Drain Pipe Inspection that has a wireless hookup to your Iphone/computer/tablet 'just in case' that good looking plumber doesn't have one...maybe he would consider a trade, camera for free evaluation of the drain pipe???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting idea. I'm praying it will be an easy fix ... I just don't want to dig that pipe up and have an even bigger mess without the parts to fix it!!

      Delete
  2. Cooper's morning routine is a lot like Zoey's although she does it to Barb instead of me so I can continue sleeping if I wish. We too are looking forward to the game and it sounds like you have something to look forward to as well.....calling your hunky plumber back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? At this point I don't care if he's not so hunky ... I just need the drain fixed! LOL

      Delete
  3. Yum with the chicken and waffles. I have heard of them together and seen them on restaurant menus but have never had them myself. Maybe I'll make some after you tell us of your experience with them and how they turned out. Oh my gosh, that is early for you to get up! Need to rework Cooper's internal clock to sleep later :) (I'm sure you have tried). Our first corgi slept on the bed with us; our present one probably never will unless he settles down a bit. I always got up first in our house and when I did, the dog would come from the foot of the bed and sleep up on my pillow. Well some mornings he decided I had slept long enough and would come up to my pillow when I was still asleep. A gentle word "its not time" would get him back to his part of the bed, lol :) They love their routines though, don't they?

    What a nice looking batch of quilts you have to finish up! My mom was a quilter and I remember her having the batting and then working on finishing them. A lot of hard work but so comfortable when done!

    Enjoy your day! We don't watch football anymore for the reason you mentioned in your post, but are going to our grandson's sixth birthday party. His birthday is on Tuesday but there will be an early celebration today and over with so those that want to watch the game can get home and do so :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our critters are so funny!!! I think I've told Cooper on many occasions ... "it's too early"!! Sometimes it even works!! Happy Birthday to the six year old! What fun THAT'S going to be!!!

      Delete
  4. It's never fun when pets stay awake at night then wake you early.
    Looks like you have your work cut out with the Quilts.
    Dealing with Sewer problems is never fun.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those fur kids sure can interrupt sleep! I hate homeowner problems .. kind of wishing there was a condo around here where I would just call someone else!

      Delete
  5. Is there a football game today? Elva

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 A.M. to take the dog out for a walk? No way for this girl, my dogs have to sweat it out until I'm ready :-) Please explain why do the quilts need hand sewing for the bindings if everything else was sewn withe the machines? I certainly do not know much about quits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can sew the edges with a machine, but it never comes out as nice, neat and even as when you do it by hand.

      Delete
  7. I'm with Marlene. Gibbs had a similar routine but not until 6ish. Telling him it's not time, go back to sleep, works unless Bill has to get up too.
    Lots of work for those quilts yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you could say I didn't train Cooper very well! LOL

      Delete