Thursday, June 10, 2021

What The Hay?????

Or Ya-ta-hey ... actually that means all is good in Navajo.  It's our standard toast to our 100 year old Apache Indian Veteran at the Elks Lodge.  Don't ask me why it's Navajo, it's what he told us to say.  

As I was walking by my breakfast table yesterday, I spotted THIS!!  What the hay?  You mean after 20 years of orchids I'm FINALLY getting one to bloom?  That's a miracle.  An outright miracle!!

I was pretty sure it was just a root starting out, but it's done this in the last five days.  It must have been Dan's presence.  Why?  Because Patty and Dan have several fabulously beautiful orchids that bloom like crazy every single year.  I have had NONE.  I hope I didn't jinx it by putting in the stake.  It looks like a snake, no?


What the hay #2.  I'm finally using up all that fabric I've had laying around for years, but I required one more big piece of white.  That required a trip down the highway to the next town.  How does this happen???  

Obviously they've got some crazy contraption hooked up to make their fifth wheel horse trailer (and a gorgeous one at that) a bumper pull.  Who does this?  Certainly not any horseman I know.  And how in the world did he get over the K-rail?


That prompted me to take the back roads, certainly a plus when they have the entire freeway under construction with the narrowest of lanes.  This is my country ... acre after acre of orchards.  I felt a little weird about trespassing, but I know the owner.


Do you know what these are?  Yup ... pistachios.  I've never seen them growing on a tree, and these trees are covered!!  Here's another interesting fact.  These don't blow over in the winds we have like almond trees do and they will produce for three or four generations, meaning his great grandkids will be harvesting from these trees.


I made it to the fabric store and back with a huge SCORE!!  When they handed my receipt to me, what do my eyes see but a $25 coupon for my next visit.  Oh gee ... I have to go back!!!

In the meantime, I haven't been able to get the camera gear to work, so I met with my photographer friend for some instruction at the Elks Lodge.  Some benefits of being an officer ... I get to eat the occasional dinner for free.  The downside is it's always steak ... and if you ate as much beef on the ranch as I did, you would rather have a cluck cluck dinner.

It was orientation night for the new candidates being initiated next week.  What the hay?  They made me sit at the front table!!  Do you know how uncomfortable it is to eat with 80 people looking right at you?  Oh my goodness ... mind your manners, take small bites and sit like a lady.  It was stressful!!

Tonight is night #2 ... meeting after meeting after meeting.  While I usually fill in for the Inner Guard who hasn't been found yet, tonight I'll be playing trustee.  It's a tight rope to walk.

And so I'l leave you today with a picture of my sweet shadow Cooper.  I made a big mistake yesterday and played that video of Jessie where he could hear.  He went ballistic, running around looking for her.  I won't make that mistake again.  He definitely recognized her growl!!  It took a bacon strip to occupy his little head and change the tune.  And I thought he had forgotten her.  Look at that little face ... that's why he's so spoiled!!



8 comments:

  1. Ya-ta-hey. We learned that from our part Quechan uncle. I always thought it came from the Quechans....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows Elva. Frank says it's Apache, but if you look it up, it says Navajo. I'm going with Indian ... LOL

      Delete
  2. To a Navajo it means greeting or hello
    I know a while back you got a Mac air laptop It appears Mac is making some changes in the OS You may already have it or something to check out
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/06/these-macos-monterey-features-wont-work-on-intel-macs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting info, but it's not a Mac Air .... thank goodness. Seems there's always something wrong in the computer business.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh that truck!! How in the world did he do that!! I love backroads and coupons! Yep you have to go back..Cooper is adorable! I'd love to spoil that face too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I wasn't IN that truck. I have to say I am a fan of coupons!!

      Delete
  4. Why would someone pay $70,000+ for a horse trailer and hook it up to that contraption!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thought exactly! Obviously not horse people! LOL

      Delete