Friday, June 4, 2021

Short Day, Long Night

It was one of those survival days, an adventure in how to stay cool when it's heating up.  I thought I might have been transported to the Sahara Desert by mistake.  Beam me up Scotty and send me someplace cool!

It really wasn't all that bad, but I did unfold my wallet and let the AC flow!!  Life's too short to be hot, or something like that!!

The big news of the day is I have company!!  YAY!!  Does this Big A$$ Truck look familiar?  Yessirree Mr. Chance stopped by on his way to his newest adventure ... a brand spanking new Harley Davidson motorcycle.  

You can't see it, but his old one in the trailer is being traded in.  Did I ever mention that his wonderful (my best friend) wife and he have been good friends for over 35 years?  I just happened to have found a photo album of pictures from way back when.  We had a lot of laughs looking at all those skinny handsome and cute people who had loads of hair.  What ever happened???

We visited for a bit, before I had to put on the latest and greatest "ElksWear" for a formal visitation.  It's all about pomp and circumstance.  Under the circumstance, I tried to opt out, but too many others beat me to it.  

I'm wearing the elusive navy blue jacket that's one size too big.  The good part is it is thin, as in not near as hot as everyone else's jacket.  At least there are two window ac units in the library where we met for the audit.  AUDIT?  Yes, apparently we were ceremoniously audited by the upper level of Elkdom over Hawaii and California.  It's all Greek to me.


The bad news is the lack of air conditioning in our Lodge Room.  After all, the building is over 100 years old.  I said a silent thank you for the thin blue jacket.  I was quite comfortable.  The visiting dignitary read a five page letter, after which we raced through the meeting to get out of the sweatbox.  

Dinner was a New York steak with scalloped potatoes.  Sorry, there are no pictures.  I was busy updating the Castle Lawyer on all the recent happenings.  She and I will resume Bingo ... I know you are just so excited about that prospect .... on June 29.

In the meantime, I was up for about three hours trying to get the Charlie horse in my leg to be quiet and go to sleep.  Neither rain nor sleet ... oh wait, that's another story ... nothing I tried helped except to walk around my bedroom the entire time.  At long last it snoozed enough that I could get to sleep.  

I'm excited for Dan to get back this afternoon so I can see his newest adventure.  Pictures to come.


5 comments:

  1. Hope those pictures include "all those skinny handsome and cute people who had loads of hair"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, a new motorcycle! Looking forward to the pictures too.
    Another nice photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bingo stories are on the horizon? Yes! I love the bingo stories. They're as good as Walmart pictures. Also I'm looking forward to the other pictures. I'm glad you turned the AC on.

    ReplyDelete