Wednesday, June 9, 2021

I CAN SEE!!!!

Thank you everyone for the nice thoughts about Miss Jessie.  She was definitely like no other dog I've ever owned ... and there have been a lot!  This hind leg caused me grief for awhile.  She had a large growth on her hock that was removed, stitched up and of course bandaged.  She wore the cone of shame for days.

Finally, since she didn't seem to bother with it, I took the cone off and stepped outside the rig for about 60 seconds.  Upon my return, the bandage was gone and the wound wide open.  Some may remember advising me to cut up tape to make butterfly stitches.  

Trouble was, I had to leave the campground the next morning ... they refused to let me stay one more day so I could get her across the river to a vet.  Thankfully, the park I was going to, let me go in early, and so she got re-stitched and wore the cone until I took the stitches out.  What a kid she was!!

This is her best impression of Captain Jack the pirate.  She did this constantly, but to my surprise, never bit anyone.  She DID bite Cooper on numerous occasions since he resided in her territory.  At least once a day I had to break up a fight.  I got bit by COOPER all the time ... by mistake of course.


He seems to miss her when we hit the hay, walking to the end of the bed to see where she is ... otherwise, it's throw the ball and he's happy.


SO ... Dan made it to Modesto to get the bike checked out before heading back to Arizona.  Can you believe it?  That thing even has cruise control and a stereo system that should be in my truck!  There was one last trip to Habit burger for dinner, which you KNEW would happen, right?  Included were my all time favorite sweet potato fries.  YUM YUM!


In the meantime, here's my latest and greatest tip.  I haven't washed the windows of this house in probably four years.  It's just not a happy adventure in my book.  One day while scoping out new camera gear, I spotted this recipe.

1/2 gallon of warm water
3 tablespoons of laundry detergent (preferably liquid)
1 tablespoon Finish or whatever the name is of the stuff you put
    in your dishwasher so your glasses come out spotless.

Take your hose and rinse the window.  Now scrub it with your RV brush using the water mixture.  Rinse with the hose again and you are DONE.  No wiping with towels or running inside to see if you got it clean or not.  Just let it dry.  Magically, I CAN SEE out my windows, and it only took about ten minutes.  Do you think this might work on an RV???


I can't believe how easy that was.  Yes I still do have a few barely visible (only if you get up close and personal) tiny water spots because I have hard well water.  I could care less.  Too bad I can't do that on the INSIDE of the windows.  

It should be an easy day today ... although I have Elks three nights in a row now.  I'll tell you tomorrow what camera equipment I acquired on my walk through internet land.


4 comments:

  1. You know, it "might" work on the entire RV...no water spots! Ingenious...

    As a young puppy, when we needed to put Bubba down, Indy didn't seem to even miss him. However, when she was in that "I am going to ignore daddy mood", all I had to do was say, "Come here Bubba..." and she would zoom over real quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking Dave ... although they have decals on these GD's that seem to be picky. I'm going to ask though ... how simple!!

      Indy is funny. I may have to try that on Cooper.

      Delete
  2. Here’s one even easier
    Go to Home Depot and get a Mold and mildew remover The cheapest one you can fine but one you could hook up to your garden hose .. spray the window . you don’t have to take the screen off because you’ll be washing that to ... Spray ... let it sit for 2 minutes
    Put that sprayer on the rinse cycle and wash it out do not throw away the container because you can reuse that with 1/2 of bleach and the rest water . You can Do your house your RV And you windows anytime here’s the best part .... no scrubbing involved
    And yes you can do the whole house to. as well as your back fence
    Although I would Suggest you not spraying Cooper. Unless you want him whiter and brighter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Cooper wouldn't appreciate a spray bath ... but my RV might!!!

      Delete