Sunday, June 6, 2021

It's A Habit ...

 My garage has been blessed with the presence of this beauty for an entire day.  There were a few things Dan wanted to add to her before taking off on its break-in trip around California.  Thank goodness the heat has eased up a bit to make riding more comfortable.


Before he took off though, we went to Habit Burger for dinner.  Dan is an aficionado when it comes to hamburgers.  You want to know where the best ones are, just ask him.  I think In and Out rates pretty high, but it just got outvoted by me.  THIS is a Habit Burger.  

Sorry, I stole the picture from the internet because mine didn't last two minutes after that first bite.  The bun was toasted crispy (unheard of in Burgerdom), with a char grilled hamburger patty, loads of cheese, bacon in every bite ... I mean this burger had it all!!

This is definitely going to be a habit at my house.  Best burger I've ever had!!  No wonder the place is packed every time I drive by!!


Dan made a few adjustments here and there, packing up stuff just like you and I do with our RV.  The best part ... he left the keys to the BIG TRUCK!!  Of course I probably won't be able to figure out how to start the thing.  It's one of those you-have-to-have-the-key-fob to start the engine type.  Gosh, it took me three tries just to make sure it was locked up.  

At any rate, here's the new Harley engine for the viewing pleasure of the guys.  Yes she sounds just as good as she looks.


And so, after double and triple checking everything, Dan was on his way out.  Lots of nostalgia here ... I sure wish we were all still riding.


Off he went into the wild blue yonder, or at least the smoggy west side of the valley!!


Back to normal things ... my Jeep battery died, my windows need washing (I'll have a tip for you soon) and I'm going back to HABIT BURGER!!!



12 comments:

  1. Too bad you couldn't go along on the ride. :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm not sure my old body would fit on a Harley any more.

      Delete
  2. Haven't had the Habit burgers in a few years, but they are yummy along with their fries!! Beautiful bike! Congratulations Dan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid Habit Burger will become a habit for me!!

      Delete
  3. Nice choice 114 Cool a Milwaukee 8 ball..or Called the bubble head. Had 3 Harleys but never the water cooler version
    It would be interesting to hear his thoughts on his breakin run on the water cooler portion of that motor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Patsy have her own Bike??? Are YOU thinking of getting one again???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Patty doesn't have a bike. Mmmmm yeah I thought about it, but really, I'm old and that's probably not such a good idea.

      Delete
  5. Barb and I both had bikes until about 2007. I had an Ultra Classic and she had a Sportster. Until I was going to work and hit a deer. That totaled by bike and was the end of our biking. We were getting ready to downsize to hit the road so the timing was good and best of all I walked away with only scratches and bruises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit a deer? Oh my ... you're lucky to be alive. Yeah I doubt I would get another one after that.

      Delete
  6. You're too funny! 'your old body?' Yah right. If ours fit on a big Yamaha you would easily fit. Doesn't look like it's a passenger bike though, his luggage takes up too much room! :) pretty bike but I gotta say - ours is prettier. Ha ha!!
    That burger looks oh my God good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like in the old days when all we had to take was what we wore! Now we have phones, chargers, computers .... you've got to have a big trunk!!

      Delete