Thursday, June 3, 2021

Such A Sweet Kitty Kitty!!

The weather guessers were close, but no cigar.  It got up to 103 yesterday in my back yard, but not the 106 predicted.  That's a good thing, since I didn't think of this project until after 1:00.  My friend Cyndae is better at landscaping than I.  Such a sweetheart, she went off one day and came back with six plants to go between my neighbors and I.

Sadly, after consulting with the landscape guys, they would completely block my lawn sprinklers.  Moving sprinklers is a pricey matter, so I've been finding the perfect spots to place the growy things.

With two left over, I thought maybe in a pot on my patio.  There's one tool I've gotten more use out of than anything ... my battery powered drill.  I do love my drill!!  I went right to work drilling holes in this fake pot ... you know, of the heavy styrofoam variety.  Although those look like worms, that's pieces of the pot.


Time for dirt!!  Except now it's 2:00 and I'm really hot.  Cooper came to help.  He was quick to point out that along with the dirt came ants ... hundreds of ants.  PLUS, even though I put rocks in the bottom, the sand quickly began to pour out the little holes.  See, I told you I wasn't good at this stuff!!  Hopefully a little bagged mulch that I have yet to purchase, will fix the problem.


I have checked the critter cam twice now to find the big yellow kitty jumping, or rather crawling up the side of my fence to get to the neighbor's house.  He never comes near the trap since he was caught that one time.

Yesterday however, there was a surprise!  Ahhhhh such a sweet kitty kitty!!!  Thankfully NOT the black and white kind.  I caught this guy once also.  Kitties seem to have very good memories, because I've never caught the same one twice!!!  Isn't he sweet??


Time passed slowly as it does when it's hot-hot, as I gathered all the stuff for the latest "outfit" I have to wear to the Elks Lodge tonight.  I finally found the elusive navy blue jacket.  Sadly, it's way too big.  Since that discovery, I've purchased three more from the internet, and had to return every single one.  All too small.  It's amazing how someone's size 12 is another's size 8 that you can't even get your arm into.

I have truly tried on three occasions to get out of this one, but alas, my replacement is not forthcoming.  Grey pants (Levis in my case) with a blue jacket is not my style unless I'm wearing cowboy boots.  Hey ... that may just be an idea!!!  

Dinner wasn't well planned.  I hit up the grocery store for wings, only to find one small package for $4.69 a pound ..... FOR CHICKEN WINGS!!  After walking around for ten minutes debating on whether I really wanted them or not, I found another package for $4.39 a pound.  Gold I tell you ... they are made of gold!!  In the end, I found a small bag of wings in my freezer and defrosted those instead.


I savored every single bite!!  Marinated in Italian salad dressing for a few hours, then air fried in 20 minutes.  No, they didn't taste the least bit burned ... although I'm not sure why, because they were dark.  They were SO delicious!!!  Next time I find wings on sale, I'm loading up.

Really ... how can you justify chicken breast for $2.99 a pound and wings for $4.69 a pound?  Don't they have that backwards??  Maybe it was a Memorial Day thing.

In the meantime, I'm looking for Hawaii pictures.  At least it's cooler inside.


8 comments:

  1. It was so hot here yesterday we turned on the a/c about 1130 and on all day! But hey gotta stay cool right?! Your'e a brave girl to be outside planting in the afternoon heat! Ridiculous on the chicken wings, but they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Shirley. I finally broke down and let the AC run all day!

      Delete
  2. Because of the pandemic a lot of places don’t have chicken especially chicken wings they either had to destroy them or cut back on production plus you going to find your meat prices a little higher because of the ransom ware from the meat packing plant
    As far as the prices of meat and chicken and Pork goes . you better get used to it because it’s not gonna go down . You have to eat so you gonna pay the fiddler no matter how you listen to the music .. You can Always try chicken and cow rustling But if you try chicken rustling ....do a video. πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ¦¨

    ReplyDelete
  3. That area back there beyond your green grass would make a wonderful chicken coup...skunks LOVE chicken eggs. Of course, who would take care of them while you were gone, and doesn't chicken eggs bring snakes are other issues that go with that....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about it, because the neighbors all around me have chickens. But no ..... too many skunks!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Use coffee filters in the bottom of your pots to prevent the soil from sifting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Corky ... I would never have thought of THAT!!! I'll pick some up the next time I go to town. What a great idea.

      Delete