Monday, June 7, 2021

Putting Some Electricity In Life

It never fails ..... we run out of power sooner or later.  I'm talking about my Jeep Liberty that I towed all over the U.S. for so many years.  Amazingly, its battery has lasted its entire life since 2012, until I decided to take it to town.  There was nothing.  Dead as a doornail.

I charged it up twice, but it just didn't have any life left.  Dan took the old battery out for me.  Time for some fresh electricity.  I stopped in at Napa for a new one when I discovered there was a Pop-Up Vendor sale just around the corner.


That meant lugging the battery from the back of the truck to inside the back seat.  No use taking any chances.  The FOOD ... oh my goodness the food!!  THIS is white chocolate covered English toffee.  Let me just say that nothing was cheap, but I did help the economy at a couple of nice tables.


I bet you can guess the name of this one ... SUGAR RUSH.  Truly not as sweet as I expected, but only because there are mini pancakes underneath all that caramel, marshmallows, strawberries and whipped cream.  

There was a little more electricity in that wedding on the cruise ship.  We met these two guys in the first 30 minutes.  As it turned out, the entire week was a murder mystery cruise.  How fun is that?  All the characters were dressed up, walking the decks and blurting out lines here and there.  It was our job to figure out who-done-it from the clues we heard them whispering.  These two come into play later.


Surprisingly, the old get-married-by-the-Captain trick doesn't work since this ship never got out of sight of land.  Somehow Patty and Dan found a minister to perform the ceremony.  He was a real kick, not ever having done THIS kind of ceremony before.  There are lots of hilarious tales about this, but alas in today's atmosphere, I'll keep quiet until I see you in person to relate them.  I kept in touch with him for years.


So here's the final wedding party.  We had no idea who the two interlopers were, but invited them to join in the champagne.  Obviously, they didn't want their identity known (just part of the schtick).  We laughed SO much over these two.  By the way, my husband could talk anyone out of anything.  We came home with the red FEZ he was wearing, traded for a Harley ball cap.  There was some T-shirt trading going on in the background also.


As for ship electricity, there was lots of it on the Lido deck.  I think Patty and I were the only two wearing one piece bathing suits.  All we had to do was lay there and the crew brought us drink after drink.  As with any cruise ship, the food was fabulous!!  Even better, since it was all Harley people, we had something in common to talk about.  


The entertainment provided even more laughs.  You may not recognize this guy.  His name is Dennis Miller.  Yup, that's him, the one you see on TV all the time.  He was just getting started in the business.  Here's the laughable thing .... we went to the show and he was hilarious.  A really good comedian.  So good that we went to the SECOND show.

No one laughed at all.  Why?  Because he told the exact same jokes.  Finally he asked what was up and realized it was the same audience ... we had already heard these jokes before.  Boy was HE surprised.  So he ad-libbed the rest of the night, doing a pretty decent job.  


And there you have it ... just another of the crazy adventures I've been on.  Dan is due back some time today, then it's off to the Harley shop to check everything out before he heads back to Tucson.  I can't wait to hear how the bike performed.





8 comments:

  1. I am loving the old pictures! You did marry a handsome man :) Love the wedding! Looks like a fun time was had by all! Funny how fast the years fly isn't it? Those sweets you bought at the pop up vendor look so yummy especially the strawberry one, I'm thinking a few bites would be enough and save the rest for later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to see the pictures again. We laughed a lot!! Definitely the pancakes should have been split into maybe even three meals!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh what fun!! I love the old pictures too! Looks like a lot of electricity going on right there on that cruise.⛱🌞⛴

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a fun trip. I'm glad I still REMEMBER all of it!! LOL

      Delete
  3. WOW, Dennis Miller looks so young back then...would have never known who it was.

    Eight to nine years out of a battery is real good. Our HHR is 12-13 years old, and I had to replace its battery back in 2012, and again in 2017...figure it is nearly time again. Of course, this HHR battery is tiny, which means it is also not very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just as funny to see Dennis as it was to see US!
      Better to have a good battery than one that will leave you stranded. Even with AAA. I'm surprised it lasted so long however.

      Delete
  4. I love that group picture. What a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty crazy!! Oh the tales of that trip!!

      Delete