Saturday, March 20, 2021

The Highs And The Lows

In to every life some rain must fall.  I think I've been pretty lucky just to have rain and not 12 feet of snow.  That's what I was thinking while sitting on my patio enjoying the WARM yesterday.  Can you believe it?  It finally got up to 79 degrees!  To make it even better, I just received a text message saying my generator was going to be delivered!! 


The puppies were also very happy to be outside smelling the smells.  Of course Cooper never goes far without his ball in tow.  He's waiting for me to get up and kick it back to him.  The smell of coffee and grass wafted through the slight breeze.

Then it happened!  DING DONG!!!  MY GENERATOR IS HERE!!  I know, weird things float my boat.  I always check out the boxes first for damage, but it looked in excellent shape.  After getting the pretty heavy 47 pounds out of the box and plastic wrapping, I discovered this.  My balloon burst!!  I heard a big sigh come from my mouth.  Really?  It's damaged??

I didn't think it look TOO bad, but would never know without putting in oil and gas to start it up.  I called to report it and they said send pictures.  If I keep it, there will be no warranty.  Oh so sadly, I packed it back up.  Now I get to sit here for another three days and wait for FedEx to pick it up.  Low Low Low!!!


How low can you go?  Time to figure out the cage situation for Jonathan.  I took the cage from the Class A ... it must weight close to 47 pounds itself ... and wrangled it up the steps into the 5th wheel.  I spent 20 minutes covering it with towels and blankets that help keep him warm.  Even though I had measured everything, it did not fit.  RATS!!

Let's switch cages!!  He wasn't too happy, but now comfy in one cage while I tried the SECOND one.  I got it in the hole, but it was so close to the cabinets, he would definitely have a ball chewing on the wood and window valances.  DOUBLE RATS!!  I hauled it back in the house and switched a now not so happy Jonathan back to his original cage.  What to do!!  I really didn't want any more expense, but none of his cages are going to fit.  

I've been here before ... trying to find a suitable parrot cage.  Pet stores don't carry them any more, nor can you find much of anything but parakeet cages on the internet.  Suddenly Wayfair popped up.  Wayfair?  They have bird cages?  Why yes they do.  I felt a little high coming on!!  This one is just for demonstration, but his new one (on sale no less) is coming in a few days.  I'm praying my measurements are correct and it will fit.  By the way, that other little one you saw is only for transportation.  He barely fits into it, so it won't be good for anything else.
With a cage solution finally in hand I brought out my huge piece of corned beef for St. Patrick's Day.  I know, I'm a little bit behind.  I tossed it in my instant pot and walked away.  I love it when I can do that.  Ninety minutes later it was done.  Wasn't I surprised to find it had shrunk to a mere 6"x 6".  My cage high deflated like a popped balloon.  

The good news is that it tasted WONDERFUL!!  There's only enough for maybe three sandwiches, so I'll savor every bite!!


I went to bed dreaming of generators that sounded like jet engines.  Today I'm on the hunt for ghost towns.  

10 comments:

  1. What a shame about the generator. We buy ours from a dealer store rather than the internet. Online they come with shipping oil, but the dealer will have it all ready to go when you pick it up. Don't know if there's any near you, but the price isn't really any different. Just a thought. What a beautiful way to wake up on your back porch :) Your corned beef looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no place near me has Honda generators. Possibly when I get back to California. The main problem is they can't make them fast enough.

      Delete
  2. Damaged goods via transport sure put a damper on the joy of receiving the long awaited gen set. Sorry for you to experience it and having to wait even longer. Comfort food might help a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream Marlene ..... ice cream works wonders!!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Bummer about the generator. What a beautiful view you have. Have a fun day with the ghost towns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice not to see houses right next door, but I can see them in the distance. It's crazy the building that is going on around here. Luckily they cannot build near me.

      Delete
  4. What a bummer! One day your ship will come in 😁 You just have to keep trudging along. Comfort food is not the answer 🤮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Doug ... but ice cream works wonders!!! Cookies are right behind!!

      Delete
  5. Great view looking out from your patio. It must be nice to sit there and just relax. What a bummer about the generator. Do not listen to Doug...lol...a little comfort food, something chocolate, would not be a bad thing.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh ice cream and CHOCOLATE!! Yup that would do it!!

      Delete