Monday, March 8, 2021

Let's Try That Again

 Here we go ... it's Monday and I'll soon be headed back to the RV dealer to smooth over the rough edges and pick up my rig.  Hopefully ... maybe .... we shall see.  I think I'm a little less overwhelmed this time and I'm definitely NOT hooking up until I find all the work has been completed.  

The biggest test is what time I can get the insurance binder.  I rather imagine they won't be happy that I'm not signing anything or giving them any money until it's completely ready to go.

I spent yesterday morning cooking up some delicious bland chicken for Mr. Cooper, adding in a little hamburger this time to see how that goes with his prime rib appetite.  Seems he's decided that pot roast tastes MUCH better.

Here's one of the videos I was finally able to download of a pretty spooky coyote.  Two things I've noticed.  There was not one single critter around during the four days of the full moon.  Weird, right?  AND they don't like wind so much because this was the only guy brave enough to be out and about.


Lucky for me, at noon the Chance house called an end round to get out of the house.  Any time I get a chance to ride in that limousine of a truck, I'm all for it.  We drove up to Parker Dam along a narrow winding (but at least paved) road.  There's a great little lake there, and I have lots of pictures, but all are still in my camera.

It wasn't long before the pavement turned to gravel for the next 20 miles?  I'm guessing because I'm not sure just how far we went, but it had some of the most amazing views as we climbed up the VERY steep side of the mountain.

For those that aren't familiar with big pickup trucks, unless you have weight in the back, they tend to spin their hind wheels a little.  The drop-offs on the passenger side were breath taking.  Literally!!  It sure got my mind off the RV stress.  I'll have pictures tomorrow as we drove up and over Montezuma Pass practically on top of the Mexico border.

My single Javelina friend came to visit again.  Sadly I had to cut this video down quite a bit.  I haven't figured out why Blogger thinks this one is way too big to upload when it's the exact same length as the coyote video.  


So that's all I have for today.  I made a list of things to double check on the Grand Design ... put the satellite dish up and make sure it works ... then make sure it stows properly.  Check out the camera.  Make sure my silicone disk is still on the trailer before I hook up, check for the spare tire .... and on and on.

Here's hoping today goes a little better and my insurance gal is not on vacation!!


10 comments:

  1. Nothing but good thoughts that the next blog you write includes pictures and words about your new home on wheels including a picture of it in your yard. Always enjoy seeing the videos of the critters that come in to get water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coyote was very skittish but the fat appetizing javelin was calm 😊 interest to learn more about your road trip yesterday. Glad you did something to take your mind off today. Yuma has to be enticed to eat his dogwood with a slice of ham sandwich meat. Good luck today. Tear them up!😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... that's Cooper too!!! Thanks for the good luck wishes!

      Delete
  3. Good luck today Nancy! Hoping it all goes well and we have some awesome pictures tomorrow! Funny how all the states are different about insurance. When we bought in CA trailer or fifth wheel was automatically covered by your car insurance. Nevada doesn't require any insurance, even though it's not covered by your car insurance. Thought that was weird. You would think anything with a loan would be required. Anyway, fun times ahead for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures but Daylight pictures use more Pixels then Night pictures do.
    Make certain your rear leveling jacks go higher.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your new trailer.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacks are as high as they can go. As I looked around, all rigs are now doing the low back jack thing. Beats me why!!!

      Delete
  5. If you have a trailer or fifth wheel in Florida you need to have insurance if you’re making payments if you’re not making payments and it’s free and clear anytime you’re hooked up to your truck your insurance covers the RV
    One of the interesting conversations with my insurance agent is that if the RV catches a fire do not separate the RV from the truck that RV it’s not covered
    One other Side question about your truck.. do you have an exhaust brake for downhill breaking. ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely remember that Ed should it ever catch on fire!! YIKES!!

      Delete