Monday, March 15, 2021

ONE CONTROL

I'm not one to be on point since I'm usually sliding off to one side or the other.  Yesterday I think I was on point more than usual since I was sitting in one spot most of the day.

I did forget to pass along this little tip from the Slippery Salesman who showed me the Grand Design Reflection I purchased.  Apparently he owned a carpet business back East before retiring to Arizona.  Here's his big tip.  Barbasol.  

Supposedly, which I have not verified, Barbasol will remove anything from your carpets, including grease.  When I opted out of the $500 cost of spraying the furniture with $15 worth of protection, this was his solution to all those grease spots I was going to get.  Oh ... but he said the WHITE can.  I didn't see any white cans, but just thought I'd pass that little nugget along.  Be sure and do a test spot first.


Next on the long list of things to check out was the included tire pressure monitoring system.  I found the box and proceeded to read the instructions.  How hard can it be, right?  Put the little gizzies on the tires and see what they say.  

TireLinc became my nemesis of the day.  It seems there is this thing called One Control that you download to your phone.  Wasn't I surprised to find it could control the lights inside and out.  Well that's pretty cool!!  

Next up I had to ADD an accessory to that program.  That became quite the problem for about three hours.  The directions kept telling me there was a device in the rig, like a modem, with an antenna, that had a specific name and password on it that needed to be entered.  Most likely in the kitchen cupboards.  

I gave up twice, but you know how stubborn I am.  At long last I noticed a small sticker with the name One Control.  Sure enough THERE was the password.  It took some doing, but another hour later, I had all the gizzies installed on the tires and could check the pressure on my phone.  How cool is that?  

Just for fun, I tapped the little white circles and turned all the lights on and off.  Now I can do that from inside my truck before even getting out!!  Or if I forget ... I can turn them off from inside the house when at home, assuming of course I have phone service!!!  I can even put the slide and awning in or out using my PHONE!!  This is going to be fun to play with!!


My next big question was finally answered when I went outside, flipped the breaker off and plugged in my phone to the USB connections in the bedroom.  Yahoo!!  They work on 12 volt.  At least I can plug in my phone ... but not my computer.  

The next three hours were spent on the internet trying to find a cable that would plug my computer into the USB connection.  I have no idea if it will actually charge anything, but we shall see.  It was cheap at $8.00.

In the meantime, this not-so-big guy came for a drink.  I'm always surprised to see them wandering around in the daytime.  This baby looks a little worse for wear.



Today's challenge ... figure out how to put water in the fresh water tank.  There are six or seven little levers that have to be in the correct position in order to perform this task.  SO much different than my other rig!!!  Luckily for me, they put pictures on the wall for the uninformed and uninitiated.


17 comments:

  1. Actually if you use any shaving cream at all is usually good to clean spots on the rug Barbasol is just one of them but here’s even another trick and you can test it in your bathroom put shaving cream (wipe on wipe off )on 1/2 of your mirror and when you try to steam up the room it’s supposed to stay clear while the other half clouds up
    That price is about right for your USB cable And yes it will charge your computer You can also plug it in to other computer USB port and transfer Data
    Now you need to get a dash adapter to hold your phone so it will display your TPMS. After all you don’t want to have a flat tire when your phone is in your pocket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop playing with your phone lights you’re changing my TV channel @%#¥

      Delete
    2. Click click ..... oh, I'm changing your channels? Sorry!!!!! Good to know I can at least charge my computer. Now if I can figure out how to keep the bird warm!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's pretty neat to be able to turn lights on before you go in, assuming of course I have a signal on my phone! Not sure if it works otherwise.

      Delete
  3. Nice lighting set up. Those water valves are a PITA to get used to. If you forget to turn them to the proper setting there's no water. If the Valve is off by a hair it will sound like someone banging on your floor. The only way to fix them is going out and turning them again.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy!! That should be fun. Hopefully it works okay.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like another fun day! Pictures on the wall? That's what I would need. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only the instructions were as easy as the pictures look! It's going to be a challenge!

      Delete
  5. We love our control one. I always check inside to make sure nothing is in the slides way. Then go outside and use my phone app to bring the slides out. This way I can watch and make sure the slides are clear as they come out. It's also nice to be able to extend the awning from the truck when it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Cheryl ... I never even thought of going outside to check the slide as it goes out. GREAT idea! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Interesting about the shaving cream. One control sounds interesting for sure! The fresh water system sounds complicated, but I'm sure you'll get it done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I'll have it down in say .... three years!!!

      Delete
  7. Most of that One Control gizmo stuff went right over my head Nancy. But it sure sounds cool! Hope you can get your water tank filled. It's something you will really need. One control can't give you a shower 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! I do always like to have the water tank full. You never know when you'll get stuck somewhere.

      Delete
  8. That One Control does sound interesting.I'm not sure where you found the sticker with the password and does it work on older model rv's? Hmmm🤔
    You've never let a puzzle stop you yet so you'll figure out the water tank system. TG for Bill, or I'd be lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if you have one control or not. I think it's a system built in to your trailer. As long as you have two people though, it's much easier to get inside and set things up.

      Delete