Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Roses and Chicken Wars

 After resting up from my epic journey across half of Arizona, I took a walk on the wild side in my back yard.  I say that only because you have to be constantly on the lookout for snakes.  Wasn't I surprised to find not one, but TWO of my rose bushes were blooming.  No snakes this time.

Most blooms weren't all that pretty, but this one stood out.  Of my five bushes, two have sadly passed away.  I think this one is part of the largest rose tree in the world which lives in Tombstone.  You too can own a piece of it ... they take cuttings and sell them very reasonably.  I guess I'll have to make another trip to Tombstone to pick up a couple.  Oh DARN!!


The next big fix ..... Jon's transportation to the trailer and back now has a handle.  Mr. Chance took on the job after I complained my fat fingers wouldn't fit in between the wires.  It's perfect and will make it so much easier to move him around.


The next project came pretty much for the same reason.  Moving critters in and out of the fifth wheel can be a big pain.  I had read in several locations that RV Lock was a good one and easy to install.  They just didn't know "I" was going to try.


I finally got up the courage to give it a shot.  I got the old one off easier than expected.  Wasn't I surprised to find styrofoam inside the door.  After several tries, I finally got half of the new one in the hole.  At least it fits!!


Getting the second half on was another story.  It took me a few tries and twenty minutes looking for lost screws that actually blew 20 feet away in the wind.  It took a few tries to change the combination before trying to program the key fob.  Yup ... you can open it by combination, key fob or the keys, just in case the batteries go dead.

Batteries??  They forgot to mention that part.  In fact, there are NO directions on how to change out the batteries.  Let's just hope it lasts a long time!!!


As you may know, or maybe not, there are chicken wars going on.  Every fast food place is advertising they have the best chicken sandwich on the planet.  Okay, I'll bite!!  My plan is to stop at every place I can find advertising same and see just WHO has the tastiest one.

This is Popeyes, only because I've stopped there before and thought they were VERY good.  Might as well test it a second time, just for good measure.  Yessirree THIS is a good chicken sandwich.  Almost the best, which it would have been had I not ordered the SPICY one.  Woohoo!!!


I downed a few of their Louisiana French fries trying to sooth the burning pain!!  I'm a wimp when it comes to hot food.  They get a "A" for their fries.


With my mouth on fire, I made a beeline for home.  Too bad I had to drive right by Freddy's, who makes the best frozen custard on the planet.  The turtle sundae was calling my name.  "I can soothe your burning mouth with my cold yummy custard".  

Okay ..... and I drove up to the front door.  Luckily they were open for business.  I'm here to tell you it worked!!!  There's nothing like caramel and chocolate sauce covered frozen custard to soothe the soul and the hot sauce burn.


I was completely miserable for the rest of the night.  In fact it all made me have the worst nightmares ever where I'm yelling like crazy but no one can hear me because my mouth won't open.  It was the spicy chicken I tell you!!!!

Next up ... double and triple checking my truck for the trip to California.



18 comments:

  1. OK so I’m one day behind
    Do you know when you go off road like that in the backwoods they have an app called track my route they also have apps for Topograph not only do you know where you are but you can track yourself in real time it would be great for those days when you say you don’t know where you are you could even track yourself going to the storeAs long as you have your phone your tracking line will be there
    If you have your phone on your person all day long it’ll be interesting to see yourself as to where you’ve been an yes from one side of the house to the other I use mine to scare myself to see how many miles I walk or drive in a day
    Did I tell you it was free that’s the best part free is good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might wanna keep an eye out for the elusive critter on your cam
      https://api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/animals/article/jaguar-near-arizona-border-wall-mexico

      Delete
    2. I'm going to try that App. Sounds like it would be fun!! As for the jaguar, there have actually been a couple of sightings not too far from Tucson. Glad to see there are still some out there.

      Delete
  2. Hint: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is their name, Louisiana, home to tabasco peppers and other hot peppers, the state that makes numerous HOT, and I do mean HOT SAUCES...yes, Popeyes (where I ate numerous times while in Pine Bluff) make hot, hot chicken. Thank goodness there was a Wendy's near the Library where I could buy a frosty on the way back to my office with my hot Popeyes' Chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually fast food hot doesn't bother me, but THIS one was HOT!!! Any ice cream will help!!!! Which means it's an excuse for me to eat hot chicken!!

      Delete
  3. The Hive in Wellton makes a delicious fried chicken sandwich. That's what I always order. Chocolate and caramel sauce....oh yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part about that sandwich was the one inch thick chicken. It's usually 1/4 inch with 3/4 breading. I see you have a sweet tooth too!! LOVE caramel sauce!!

      Delete
  4. Gotta say that chicken sandwich looks yummy! I'll enjoy watching yo sample every chicken sandwich and then picking the best. Ice cream looks yummy too! The rose is beautiful. Always loved roses but I want them to smell like my grandmas house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly these smell very nice. All the roses in my OTHER back yard have no smell whatsoever. I'll get right on those chicken sandwiches.

      Delete
  5. Batteries are in the black inside cover, take out two tiny screws and you will see the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... thank you Bill!! I had no idea where they were. One of these days we will have to talk hot water heater!!

      Delete
  6. The rose is beautiful. Had no idea you could by clippings from that rose bush, good to know. Looking forward to what you decide is the best chicken sandwich. The Turtle Sundae does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually have the rose cuttings on the patio. If not, ask for them. They are pretty cool to have growing in your garden.

      Delete
    2. Or on your picnic table as the case may be.

      Delete
  7. So, if someone above hasn't asked, is that a toilet paper roll for a handle? 😂
    I've never tried Popeye's. Their fried chicken looks so hard and crispy it hasn't appealed to me. Maybe I need to try their plain (not spicy) sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Patsy ... that's a piece of wooden dowel for the handle. Something Jon will have a fun time trying to chew through the wires.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha Patsy ... that's a piece of wooden dowel for the handle. Something Jon will have a fun time trying to chew through the wires.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha Patsy ... that's a piece of wooden dowel for the handle. Something Jon will have a fun time trying to chew through the wires.

      Delete