Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Super Bowl and Madness!

 By now most people know that Tom Brady, the GOAT (greatest of all time), took his team the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Championship.  Good for him!!  At 43 years old if you can beat the predicted winner of the Super Bowl, you deserve to gloat a little bit.  Kansas City just could NOT get it together. 

Now about those commercials ..... which is one reason I actually WATCH the Super Bowl .... they were mostly unrecognizable.  I searched my brain for the reasoning behind the majority of them.  It rather surprised me that they were all about getting together and unity when that seems to be that LAST thing this country is doing right now.

As to the half time show, I'll make it short and sweet.  We skimmed through it in five seconds (Mr. Chance had taped that part) until we got to the dance where the men (and maybe women, who knew?) were wearing underwear (and I'm saying that nicely) on their heads.  I sure hope they washed them first!!

For snacks, I tried out my new air fryer on these wings.  The first batch came out perfect!  I was on a roll until I heard the machine die a slow death.  WHAT?  I unplugged it, plugged it back in and hit the button.  Nothing.  I grabbed a set of hot pads and carefully moved it to another plug.  NOTHING.  That's when I noticed my Breville (keeping the first batch warm) wasn't on either.

Ding ding ding ... you blew a circuit breaker.  I quickly headed for the panel and yes, that HUGE 15 amp breaker was off.  No WONDER!!  Note to self ... don't turn on both at the same time.  I was 30 minutes late to the party, but the guacamole dip and deviled eggs made up for it.

After that jaunt down the dusty gravel road, my Jeep was a hot mess.  Time for a quick bath in our new CAR WASH!  Yes, in beautiful downtown Vail, although actually located a few miles down the road, we now have a Surf and Turf!!  At least that's what I read as I drove by the sign.  

Turns out it was Surf n' Thru ... or something like that.  I got a card for 5 premium washes, $10 each.  Not bad ... and the card never expires.  They don't have the brightly colored washing bubbles, but the flashing red light that blinds you at the end makes up for it!!  It actually did a pretty good job considering the shape my Jeep was in.  Bonus:  you get a little smelly thing in your choice of flavors to stick in your air conditioning vent.

The critters have been out most every night, and these guys were no exception as they hunted for rabbit dinner.  I think I came pretty close to losing Cooper.  I put him out about 2:00 in the afternoon, only to see a dark shadow sneaking through the bushes about 50 feet from my short block wall fence.  Yikes!!  I walked down to Cooper and discovered a SECOND coyote right AT the fence sniffing the breeze.  BOO!!!  He ran away in a flash.  It's a good thing I was outside or Cooper just might have been dinner!!  Scary stuff!!

Here comes the MADNESS section.  Remember my fence?  I called the insurance company who said their adjuster (from Texas) would be out soon.  I talked to him, explained the neighbor who said it was all my fence and that he had propped the fence back up, but all the posts were broken off.   I even gave him exact directions to get TO the fence.

Yesterday I got the estimate for repair - $35.22.  Do you think I saw RED???  I'll write you a check and you can fix it for me!!  I could feel myself sliding off into MADNESS!!

I called the gal back and read her the riot act.  Did she not give him the photos I sent?  Did he not LISTEN when I told him about the fence?  Oh gee she said ... here's the picture he took of one board by the horse corral.  I guess that's not the right fence?

She said she would call him to go back out.  Not only did I explain again and AGAIN, I sent a map I drew of exactly where the fence was.  I explained for the tenth time that the neighbor PROPPED THE FENCE UP!!!  Go around and remove his boards and this is what you will get.

She sent a note back ... the adjuster wants to know if this is a "common" fence.  Big sigh ... no, for the fifth time ... it's ALL MY FENCE.  

I finally told her better yet, I'll find two fence contractors to give me an estimate and I'll send it to them!!

So I can tell you with impunity that my veins and arteries can carry lots of blood VERY fast around my body when I'm mad!!  Honestly, do you think I would call the insurance company for one little board when my deductible is $1,000??  

Thankfully, I've since calmed down.  I think I need another adventure to smooth my ruffled feathers!!!


10 comments:

  1. That insurance person is ridiculous! I get why your blood would boil!! I used to enjoy all the snacks and good food at Super Bowl parties. The best part for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too happy about the fence, but at least they are going back out!! Good food and good friends ... the best!

      Delete
  2. You just have to think that these adjusters try to make it as hard as possible to get a claim through...does not mater which insurance company you deal with. You need to get one of those blood pressure gadgets for your phone so you can see just how high it gets under these circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heart rate is a good indication ... and I have that on my watch! LOL

      Delete
  3. We are right there with you on the Super Bowl, the game itself was not too bad but the rest of it was horrible! The over the top unity message was enough to puke on. I think that is why the big dogs opted out of their commercials this year. Most of them probably already had them filmed months ago and then there was too much pressure to conform to the message so they just said "No Thanks" and donated the money to the Covid relief effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that, but you are exactly right!! The streaming thing too ... which most people don't even DO!! Yet anyway. It was all around BAD.

      Delete
  4. We had too many Super Bowl snacks available to us....tummy ache. The Cooper story was scary. The fence story was scary too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ... I had the same snack results!! Every time I say I won't do that! Hahahaha

      Delete
  5. Don't blow a circuit Nancy. I know those insurance adjusters are dense but it'll work out. I see you neighbor has a pool 😀 You can cool off in it. 😀😃🙂. I agree with the Super Bowl halftime. I think they were too young for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to cool off in that pool ... but that neighbor isn't the least bit friendly!! I was thinking we were just too old also, but now think Jim is right. The big dog ad agencies must have opted out this year due to the "message". It just wasn't the same.

      Delete