Monday, February 22, 2021

Oh Sooooo Sweet!!!

Just like children, the kids are just SOOOO sweet ..... when they are asleep!!  In the mornings after breakfast, they snuggle up on the couch, after at least one fight over who gets to CLAIM me.  I've discovered it's best to sit at the table until they crash on the couch, then take my seat for a little channel surfing. 

Yesterday SOMEONE who shall remain nameless, actually bit me pretty hard.  It's my fault since I have to stick my hand in between them as any good referee would.  Sadly, the older they get, the worse they are.  

You see Jessie came from a puppy mill where she had to fight for every morsel of food.  It was also her form of play.  You can imagine how long it took me to figure THAT out.  Much of the growling and fighting is actually her trying to PLAY.  Weirdest dog I've ever owned.

After a quick trip to the grocery store for essentials like ice cream and English muffins, mostly because they had not restocked their shelves by 7:30 in the morning and there were NO vegetables, I worked on my quilt for awhile.  This is the most sewing intensive quilt I've ever made, but I absolutely LOVE the pattern and the colors.  SWEET!!!   I'm thinking this may be my all time favorite.  It's not sewn together yet, which is why it looks a little wonky.  It will make your eyes a little wonky too if you look at it too long.

I cruised through a website or two looking for the perfect fifth wheel, which honestly doesn't exist, although this one comes pretty close.  I'm not sure if it's a step above or a step below the Cougar.  More investigation is in order,  

This is a Reflection series by Grand Design, although this exact model is no longer available.  I will have to check in to the quality on these.  It appears the company is family owned.  So many to choose from, it's hard to know what's good and what's not.

THIS one is NOT so sweet!!  I'm just showing you this picture as a warning!!  I had some ground pork that needed to be used up.  I probably should have just cooked it for the puppies.  But no ...... let's make tacos and use some of that 1/2 pound package of chipotle powder I bought.

I barely used 1/2 teaspoon, dumping it into a small bag of taco seasoning.  Stir stir stir.  Then it went into the now cooked pork.  At least it LOOKED delicious!!  WOW!!  That first bite and my mouth was on FIRE!!!  My eyes started to water and my nose ran like a fire hose.  WOOHOO!!!  

Having sat at my mother's table all day being forced to eat everything I put on my plate, I've become accustomed to NOT throwing anything away.  I forced myself to eat the entire thing, along with two bottles of cold water.  BEWARE the chipotle powder!!

This clip is for Miss Patty.  I rarely see this baby and am so surprised that he/she does not drink at my water station.  I wonder if all that coyote squatting has anything to do with it?  They have definitely marked this water as their own.  Watch as he wanders off and then just waits.  Pretty cool and pretty BIG.

So today I'm going to be lazy again, but will do more internet searching and maybe check out Lazy Days fifth wheel collection.  I'm interested to see if their MSRP has also risen to epic proportions.



10 comments:

  1. We too get bit once in a while when playing with the dogs. We yell "ouch" and they cower knowing they got a little too aggressive,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I might try that! I yell a lot of things, so maybe I'll try OUCH!!

      Delete
  2. The taco looks awesome! Because of you we use cabbage rather than lettuce in our tacos now..yummy! I like the fifth wheel layout and only 1 slide it appears. A lot lighter with only the dinette on the slide. Our neighbors have their full kitchen on the slide and always have issues. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love cabbage? It seems to work really good with tacos. Lighter slides are good. I always held my breath when I put mine out, but they always came back in!! These are cable slides ... not the strongest.

      Delete
  3. Depending how claustrophobic you are if you find a unit without slides there will be less things to worry about, Seals, Slide Covers and Mechanisms. That will also keep the weight down.
    Even though you can't hear your Game Camera the animals hear it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slides seem to be the new thing. Haven't seen one without them.

      Delete
  4. Nothing hot for me thank you! I'm sure glad I'm not in the RV market. Lots to think about. Don't think my brain could handle it. Have fun and I hope you find the perfect one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain keeps me up all night long thinking about it!! I'm trying not to hurry, but sure could use a good night's sleep!!

      Delete
  5. Okay, those puppies made the posting today for me!! Adorable! :)
    As for the fifth wheel Reflection, Bill will only say good things about Grand Design as a manufacturer. From working around the repair techs at CanAm, they admit that G.D. trailers seldom had anything but minor repairs when they came in. he would probably recommend it. If we had to do what we're doing over again, although it isn't quite as well built as our M.S., we would go with a Solitude by them. Good luck in your tough decisions.

    ReplyDelete