Thursday, February 4, 2021

Company Is Coming!!

Morning was a frenzy of movement in the Arizona desert and I ran from room to room hiding all the junk.  Luckily there wasn't TOO much to put away.  Most of it involved Cooper's toys spread from one end of the house to the other.  

Then that "time" thing got in the way.  Cyndae sent a text at noon saying she just got on the plane and would land in 45 minutes.  They are NEVER on time, but I headed out anyway.  In no time I was ushered into the cell phone waiting lot.

DING ... I'm at the airport, just let me know when you are at baggage.  Come to find out she was still in the air, so I took a drive down a long highway to find the emission center I could take my RV to.  When I saw it, I was pretty sure Dan and I were not on the same page.  It looked like there was a sharp U turn at the end of the driveway.  Me thinks more investigation will be required.

At long last Cyndae and her luggage arrived.  Although her daughter was not the Captain of this flight, she does fly for Southwest, all over the entire West Coast including Hawaii.  How cool is that??


We caught up on everything construction.  Cyndae is also single and has a couple of rentals she is taking care of.  Lucky for me, she has some good contacts that give her good service.  She passes all those names along to me, including a fence contractor!

By the way, I did receive a call from the adjuster in Texas who said he would meet me to take a look at my downed fence in about two hours.  He mentioned something about it being rainy and going up on the roof and all.  WHAT?  It's my fence that fell down, not my house.

He explained that they always check the roof to be sure no shingles went flying in the breeze, just in case it causes a leak.  Gosh ... service ... that's refreshing!  He said he would call me later in the day.

About 8:00 that night I received another text message.  "The adjuster will come check your fence on February 6th".  Ummmmmm okay.  I haven't heard from anyone since, not the office OR the adjuster.

In the meantime, I warned Cyndae about the trains, although weirdly, not a single one passed by during the rest of the day.  I'm not sure what they have done to their engines, but one finally went by this morning that was whisper quiet.  At least she got one good night's sleep!!


When dinnertime rolled around, we coordinated our efforts on some kind of Tuscan herbed chicken and pasta from Every Plate.  You know what?  THIS was fabulous!!  So much flavor out of that tiny packet of dry powder.  I threw in the asparagus just because.  This actually made enough for FOUR people, so guess what's for breakfast?  Well, it's that or APPLE PIE!


After running through some of my critter videos for her, we finally settled in to watch Resident Alien.  Not as funny as the first episode, but we laughed out loud several times.  It's one of those shows I now have to watch just to see what happens.

Out of yesterday's 32 videos ... the rabbits and dove were having fun cavorting ... there was only one coyote image.  In other videos he tracked one of the rabbits for a bit, but could not locate it.  I'm so curious about where they go to hide.


Today we are off to the ghost town of Cascabel, although some people apparently still live there, followed up with Tombstone on Friday.  Two single women in Tombstone ... this should be interesting!


15 comments:

  1. How fun to have company for a few days! I've never heard of Cascabel so those pics will be interesting! Your dinner does look tasty. I choose apple pie for breakfast! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very nice to be occupied with something other than politics and the virus!!

      Delete
  2. Having company for a few days will make things interesting and give you the chance to play tour guide.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Cascabel either. Looking forward to "seeing" it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what causes singleitis in your family! Sounds as if Cyndae hasn't been to Arizona for a visit before. I tried to watch Resident Alien last night but my Dish would not cooperate 😞 Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndae is just a friend, not a family member, although we have passed ourselves off as sisters occasionally. I think our "man pickers" are broken!!

      Delete
    2. Glad to know. Wondered how you had a long lost daughter 😀

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have been doing your best to keep out of trouble. That quilt you are doing looks beautiful all those beautiful done corners. You have way more patience then I would ever be able to muster sewing. Nice to have company. I will be looking up Cascabel. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Deb, I have been keeping a low profile! LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh oh, two ladies loose in Tombstone? Hey! That should be a hoot! How nice for you to have company for a few days and not to mention learning a few new tricks and tips with service people. ;)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice to have people around. The puppies are great companions, but they don't laugh and tell jokes.

      Delete
  7. Yea. Nothing like having an old friend come for a good visit. Enjoy! Your supper sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supper was Delicious!! Going to have to repeat that recipe!!

      Delete