Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Summer Has Arrived!!!

Lucky for the kids and animals at the Merced County Fair, our summer didn't arrive until yesterday.  Good grief Charlie Brown ..... it was 106 in my neck of the woods.  To make it even worse, it was 95 degrees in San Francisco/Oakland area, right on the ocean.

It's time for me to switch into major frugal "electrical" mode.  I started off perfectly by forgetting I left the AC on yesterday.  That will cause an ouchy spike in my bill.
In between sleeping on the couch, which I seem to be doing a lot of, I ran down to Lowes to pick up my new rug.  I really tried to revive the old one, but couldn't get the wet dog smell to go away.  I'll call a carpet cleaning company and see if they can fix it.  

As you can see, Cooper doesn't get six feet from me.  He thinks I'm going to leave again!!
All that heat made it hard to head on down to the Magic Kingdom.  The good news is we have solar panels, so they run the AC day and night.  Unfortunately, that makes the Knights lower the drawbridge early, letting the hoards in before their allotted time so they don't melt.  
You cannot imagine the fights that break out over who sits where.  We make the peasants sit in a long line of chairs until the allotted 4:30 when the bell rings and there is a mad dash for the tables.  Yes, they have fallen down and gotten hurt.  What can I say, it's BINGO!!

The Castle Lawyer played hooky and left me to my own devices.  All went well, even though the King and most of the Knights were off galavanting around the country, until almost the end of the night.  One peasant came to say she only received $150 as a payout instead of $250.  

As much as we tried to convince her she was incorrect, you know how those gambling peasants are.  She was having none of it.  I told her if I was off in my cash register at the end of the night by $100, I would give it to her, knowing that wasn't going to happen.  We actually triple count those payouts.

I finally asked her to go get her money and show me.  Well what do you know, there was another $100 bill right there in the stack.  That made $250.  Truthfully, I was so tired, I COULD have paid something out wrong, but that's why I count everything so many times.  

At long last (it seemed like 10 or 12 hours) it was time to head home.  I hit the sack with the puppies and was out like a light!!

It's going to be like a grilled cheese melting on the fire day today ... 105 predicted, then hopefully it will cool down to the mid 90's.  I think I'll make an air conditioned truck trip to the big town of Modesto, where all the stores have AC to keep me cool ... that is if I don't fall asleep on the couch again!!








10 comments:

  1. Here you are right back in the swing of things again, working the Kingdom and dealing with the masses. Glad you have found some places to keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't keep moving, I'll freeze in one position forever! LOL

      Delete
  2. Keeping comfortable is the trick.
    I remember the days I worked Bingos and there were always some trying to scam more money.
    Be Safe in the AC and Enjoy the rest.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we had them well trained, but apparently we missed one!

      Delete
  3. Today (Wednesday) it is not only the heat, but humidity is up to 60%. What the Heck???? 8:30 am, 78 degrees and 60% humidity, not going to be a nice day at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! I never did check the humidity here. I keep all the fans in the house running!

      Delete
  4. We are so happy to be out of Tucson and Camp Verde. Flagstaff is still not RV friendly. We saw two parks in the woods and neither of them looked very good. We were considering summering in Flag, but not at those places! Your new rug is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got out before the real "warm" hit, although honestly, I just run the AC. It's easier when it's not so pricey. I'm definitely following you online!

      Delete
  5. I love the new rug. The lady you "shortchanged", I suppose she didn't apologize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva! Actually she did, sort of. She kept saying she would never try to scam us. Hahahaha

      Delete