Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Windshield Wiper Weary

I like to plan ahead.  Not that I carry THAT much in extra parts and pieces, but I DO carry windshield wiper blades.  I have since learned the secrets to working wiper blades.  Keep them off the hot glass and covered if there's a LOT of sun.  It deteriorates them dramatically.

I knew they were in bad shape when I left California, after all they are four years old.  I even tried to replace them, but couldn't seem to get the old ones off.  I actually did replace them once ... and they came off easy as pie.  I just couldn't remember HOW that happened.

I called my friend who owns a Tiffin also and who happens to be in Montana.  Push the little clip he said.  I pushed and pushed but they wouldn't budge.

I tried again in Seaside and in Florence.  What I SHOULD have done was ask the guys at Elite to help me.  I forgot.  So here I am in one of the biggest downpours I've ever been in.  I got whaled in Winchester Bay big time and again as I came into Bandon.  I needed to get serious about those wipers since about 12 inches of blade (right in the middle of course) was peeling off.

As I was messing with them, a nice gentleman came out of his fifth wheel and asked if I needed help. I said okay and held my breath.  I thought he was going to rip the entire arm off the rig.  I tried to keep quiet, but finally said there was a little pin to push.  At last, he got them off ... which I grabbed instantly because you need to get the new ones on in exactly the same direction.  Finally, in a hail of "I got it's", the new ones were in place.

Sadly, I STILL don't know how to get them on and off.  I think I'll practice when I get home.
In spite of wanting to hit the West Coast Game Park Safari, I had laundry to do.  Sheets in particular.  I really need to get an extra pair.  What an exciting afternoon!!
With nothing but meatloaf (there's one more in the fridge), I headed out to my all time favorite fish and chips house, the Bandon Fish Market or Fish and Chowder House, depending on which side of the building you look at.  Awwwwwww ... not a single person in line!  I'll be in, out and eating in a flash.  Or NOT!  It seems their printing machine wasn't working so well and I had to wait while six orders ahead of me were cooked and delivered.   No matter ... my phone is working like a champ.  Funny how we, rather "I", have gotten so addicted to my phone.
There is enough here for seven meals for me.  Unlike the meatloaf, I DON'T get tired of these leftovers.  
Halibut ... I tried their cod once ... there should be rules about fish and chips with only halibut being allowed.  The cole slaw is hiding in the bottom!  It was SOOOOO delicious!!
And then the rains came down.  Good grief Charlie Brown!!  It felt like Kansas during that tornado!!  It even scared Jessie right in to my lap!  I prayed the roof held up.  Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain all day today, although THIS time I hope the weather guessers are wrong.  I'm going to the Game Park come H or high water!  

I did get the shock of my life this morning when I took the dogs out.  The guy next door has an unruly, barky medium sized dog.  I was up at my usually 5:00 time to let my puppies out when no other dogs are around, making for less noise.  Wasn't I shocked to see his lights come on and his door open, whereupon his dog came barking LOUDLY and running my direction.  

I hollered loudly too ... HEY YOU'RE LOOSE ... GET OUT OF HERE!!  It came running right for my dogs.  Luckily I got them inside the rig just as she hit my steps.  There would have been a major dog fight!!  So do I complain to him?  to the office?  or do I just keep my mouth shut.  If his dog is running around loose, that means he's also NOT picking up after it, know what I mean??  I just hate it when people are irresponsible!!  Do you think he did it on purpose???

Maybe some fish and chips will make me feel better!!




9 comments:

  1. Caution disclaimer there is a knife involved in this procedure

    The next time you go to a Walmart or Fred Meyer's pick up A small pool noodle
    If you cut that Big enough to fit over your windshield wiper blades when you're parked anytime that will help save your windshield wipers
    As well as putting them on the corner of your tip out

    You missed the sourdough bakery in Winchester Bay again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did miss the bakery. No room for parking big rigs. It smelled wonderful!! Pool noodle ... good idea.

      Delete
  2. Do not keep quiet about the dog. Complain to the management every time. I would bet this is not the first time but as long as everyone is willing to ignore him it will continue. Don't you just love it😤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking you are right. But honestly I don't know that he will listen. LOL

      Delete
  3. Nothings quite like a good fish and chip dinner, one of my favorites . I use a the black pipe copper covering you can get at any hardware store, already slit to cover the wiper blade and I also put a tennis ball under the arms to keep them off the glass.
    Definitely complain to management about the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips. I do use the tennis balls, they help a LOT!!

      Delete
  4. Complain to management about the dog. Every time. Complaining to the owner is useless but management might get tired of hearing about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did ... she knew exactly who I was talking about!!

      Delete