Monday, September 18, 2017

And The Skies Opened Up!!!

It started out being a nice, although overcast, day.  Just as I opened the door to head off to the 13 mph winds on the beach for a little kite flying, the rain came down .... and came down .... and continued for the next several hours.  So much for kites.  Being electrocuted is not on my bucket list.
The good news is it will knock down the fires and clear the air, making that thing called breathing, much easier and less stinky!  I'm certainly glad I got those roof leaks repaired.
In my last ditch effort to kite fly the day before, I drove the long round about route to the sand dunes again.  This is the last of four trails I tried to navigate to get on the beach.  It's actually as steep as it looks!!
The other side was ten times as bad, only down hill.  I stood on top, looking both directions for an easier trail down.  
This was it.  Yes, it's that high and that steep.  To make matters worse, there was no wind to speak of.
For the last time, I slid down the UP trail and admired the view as I landed back at my Jeep.  RATS!! I guess there won't be any more kite flying this year, unless there is some amazing transformation in my home town.
It rained hard on and off most of the day.  Totally over the meatloaf muffins, I tried to come up with something different.  I had a package of OreIda mashed potatoes and figured potato pancakes would be even better.  I was wrong again.  If you think they taste kind of like plastic in their original form, they are even worse in this form.

I'm sad to admit they were buried in a lovely grave on top of the hill close by.  I did choke one down along with some more meatloaf.  Four meals of ground beef in a row is three too many!!
Right now it's pouring buckets and buckets of rain.  It's so loud I can barely hear the television.  I certainly hope it lets up before I have to leave in a few hours.  When the weather guessers say there's a 10% chance of rain, it means LOOK OUT CHARLIE ........

I'm off again to greener pastures, hoping the rain doesn't follow me.  My next stop is one of my all time favorites.  I'm also very excited that soon I will have both my phone and internet services working as I climb out of the hole I've been camping in.  






6 comments:

  1. The fire by Brookings is 53% contained...they finally have a good handle on it, and they expect more rain Tuesday through Wednesday...thank God! Hope you have a safe trip back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave ... there's no info on the fires around here. As long as it's going inland, no one cares. Sad.

      Delete
  2. Nice to have the rain polish the air for breathing . Good that you got your roof leaks fixed just in time.
    I just can't imagine eating potatoes from a package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is ... it's been easy to breathe, for sure. I know about those potatoes ... I never even knew they came in packages until I started RV'ing. They suck ... and I'll not be buying them again!!

      Delete
  3. I'll bet you can find a place to fly that kite in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to find a place Jan. Maybe the fairgrounds??

      Delete