Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Best Of The Best!!

Do you have a quarter million dollars sitting round collecting dust?  Maybe you could spend it on a car like this.  Don't ask me what all that orange color is under the hood because I have no clue.  I've seen necklaces and earrings made from something like this, but put it in a car?  That's crazy!
This one has an interesting story.  No I don't know what it is, but it was built by a retired police officer who uses it to work with at-risk kids.  It's not finished ... he has a lot more ideas he wants to incorporate.  
As I walked from one end to the other, the paint color changed.  That's pretty weird ... how do they do that?  It's chunks of color in the liquid that's sprayed on, coat after coat after coat.  As you change your angle of view, the color changes dramatically.
Isn't that something?  I've seen this before, but never to this extent.  He just had the headers installed with something new I can't even explain.  To be honest, the square headers didn't do much for the car.  The inside is just as wild and crazy!!
Wouldn't you just love to see this in a drag race?  The blue lightning does it for me.
Lots of expensive, amazing, beautiful (add more expletives here) paint jobs.  
Suicide door(?) in the back.  Funny, I don't remember seeing any cars like this when I was MUCH younger.  No one EVER had white upholstery, it was too hard to keep clean.  Only two or three of these beasts had seat belts, meaning they aren't driven on the road at all.
Some of the engines had just as much pretty paint as the cars.
About then this beauty drove up with pipes from heaven.  I just love that healthy sound of straight pipes.  I put a glasspack exhaust system on my little 57 Chevy for more noise.  While cruising Fresno one night, I got pulled over for having a clear cover over my license plate.  At least that was his excuse.  I played the dumb blond ... I don't know why it makes so much noise, it came this way when I bought it!!  I got a fix-it ticket.  Change those pipes.  My local CHP office wrote it off and I went on my way, AFTER he went back inside and couldn't hear my pipes.
This copper rocket is a beauty!  The extended console is all copper, looking like the frets on a guitar.  The seats don't even look like they've been sat on.
Then he opened the hood.  Be still my heart!!!  Isn't this just the craziest???  All copper and chrome.
Taken from atop BJ's Ice Cream porch, this one had been driven here.  I wouldn't mind putting this in my garage.  Course I'd drive it to death and ruin everything!
My all time favorite!!  I fell in love with this baby.  So much so that I laid down on the pavement for a picture.  Yeah, people thought I was crazy, but you get some nice pictures that way.  This one was worth the dirt on my jeans.
Speaking of racing, the Boy Scouts were having their Derby Races this day.  As the kids tried out their cars on a warm up run, they ran beside, never keeping up.  
A fun time was had by all as they packed the cars back in their trailers for the ride home.  There was some voting going on among the owners.  One guy with a black mustang wanted me to get inside and have my picture taken ... just like Katy Perry did when she drove it in some obscure movie.  No thank you.  But wait ... Katy Perry!!!  No thank you.  Really, it was more about handing over my expensive camera to a perfect stranger!!

Ever since I got here, the only quilt store in town has been calling my name LOUDLY.  Wenz-Daze has moved from North of town, all the way back to 15th Street.  I think I'll check it out.

I finally received a call from Eugene Superior Tires and they have arrived.  They wanted to be sure I was serious, as they were about to give them to a trucking company.  YIKES!!  Don't give my tires away!!  I've been sitting here in Neverland (never any phone, never any internet) for TWO WEEKS, just waiting!!  Hopefully when I get there at the end of this week, my new tires will be installed.




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He definitely would Dave ... there were some crazy engines, not to mention the paint.

      Delete
  2. Never been a fan of chameleon paint or the flames that's was a 50 60 van dutch creation

    The paint job that you're looking at is called chameleon Pearl pigment
    Chameleon paint colors are unique in that they change to 6 colors depending on the angle and lighting that you are viewing them from. Chameleon paint colors are also referred to as “Flip Flop Paint” or “Color Changing Paint”.
    The paint started out in the aerospace industry on satellites because of humidity and atmosphere changes
    I also believe your good California buddy "Rat Fink" Ed "Big Daddy" Roth experimented with Chamaeleon pearl as well

    are the date code on your new tires going to be 2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rat Fink indeed! Just saw one of his creations at the Castle AFB Museum car show.
      I told the tire place to be sure the date codes were new. I'll double check before they mount them.

      Delete
  3. The pearl paints that you see on the older vehicles is old school almost no custom car builder uses chameleon paint today
    The pearl use on today's custom creation cars are usually put in the last seven or eight coats to give a deep look it's not unusual to have five or six coats of paint and equal number of clear coat as well
    A custom car paint job typically starts out around $11-$12,000 and that's on the Low end
    The next time you see a Newell or a prevost,, they're paint jobs are typically 80,000 to 150,000 with some + that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only money, right??? Good grief! That's too high for my little budget!

      Delete