Sunday, September 10, 2017

Welcome to My Car!!

Yup ... here I am back in my car!!  At least this time I only had to drive as far as the clubhouse.  I hope you don't mind the view because I have seven more days of this!!  I could have walked, but the misty fog this morning felt just like rain.
So guess who is in the park this weekend!!  The Trailer Trash Jazz Band.  Though I tried to find some information about them, it was all for naught.  I got the impression there was more than ONE Trailer Trash Band.  If you would like, check out You Tube for an example of the music they are playing here to packed crowds.  Yesterday there wasn't a single spot left to park.
Here's the band ... sort of.  I apologize for the not-so-good pictures.  I really didn't think they would appreciate me sticking a big camera in their face, so I just used my phone.  They come and go, exchanging instruments along the way.  Once in awhile, someone from the audience will grab an instrument and join in for a rift or two.
I can tell you they are loud and having a great time playing.  How can I explain it ... it's not New Orleans Jazz, it's kind of like music from the 30's.  They have a playlist of over 300 songs, so you won't get tired of listening to the same thing.  

These two men switched back and forth between clarinets and two different saxophones.  It's funny ... the lady is playing a cornet or trumpet.  I played trumpet in grammar school for three years (I got the hand me down from my brother's choice) and I could still remember which notes she was playing.  
Most of the songs let each individual play their solo part and this guy was the bomb.  He played with so much gusto you had to smile!  I have no idea who any of these people are, so if you know them, give me a shout out!!
Here's the rest of the group.  Honestly, this isn't my kind of music, but it wasn't long before I was tapping my foot and clapping along with the rest of the audience.  They were all having such a good time, it was infectious.
Now THIS guy ... he was amazing!  In the middle of a song, he jumped up from the crowd, picked up a clarinet and whaled away like you can't imagine ... all with no music except what was in his head.  I'm so envious of people who can do that.  
When they finally took a break, I headed back to my rig.  They played all day yesterday, but I was otherwise occupied.  It took three trips to town to use my phone to double check on the tires, to check in with Elite RV Restorations for repairs and change all of my reservations down the road due to a three day layover.  Don't you just love it when all your plans go South??

I went for my hot chocolate fix, along with a quick geocache (FINALLY I got one) and discovered a big car show downtown.  Talk about colorful ... wait till you see the pictures!!





9 comments:

  1. That's the type of Trailer Trash we could live with as we've been witness to the other.
    Cooper is just a frisky puppy that has a lot of energy. Don't you wish he could loan you some.
    Hoping all you repairs go well.
    Just getting caught up. Can you tell?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it about the time you head South? There's sure been a lot of rain up in your country!!

      Delete
  2. It's the same way when a company decides to use a different sigh in process and you need to change/create new passwords.
    Don't they know we are old and can onlr remember so many things at one time.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true ... I gave up on learning new passwords long ago. Have to write them down and keep them hidden now!!

      Delete
  3. In reply to one of your comments on another site
    My radar app. Is hard to see land through the hurricane in the rain
    It Cover so much it's almost useless
    But I will tell you at 530pm it's eye is off Marco Island Fl, right now
    Here in Palm Bay is rain and rain and rain wind about 39 to the west
    Expected to pass west of tampa about two or 3 o'clock tomorrow
    I'll trade you my Hurricane day for your foggy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're following it on News follow the Eu track it's the closest

      Delete
    2. I sure hope you're okay!! Heavens to Betsy ... the entire state of Florida is under Irma's wrath!!

      Delete
  4. If you're following it on the computer or the TV follow the EU track it's the most accurate

    ReplyDelete