Thursday, September 7, 2017

BAD Internet .... BAD!!!!

So here I sit in the dark on a foggy morning trying to balance my laptop on my lap, holding it down with my left wrist while typing and using the mouse on my console.  It's a lovely uncomfortable position!!  It seems the internet around here is handled by a company called Charternet.  The WiFi at the Elks Park works great when Charternet is working.  Charternet has decided to take a vacation.

My Verizon MiFi doesn't work in the hole, nor does my phone.  So here I am at Oh-Dark-Thirty sitting in a parking lot in town.  I'm dedicated, to say the least!!

At any rate, If you like coffee, head down to Old Town Florence and park on Maple or Bay Street.  Suislaw Coffee Roasters will be down at the end by the bridge.  Go EARLY!!  By 8:30 there’s a line out the door because they have the best coffee around.  My personal favorite is the hot chocolate … with whipped cream of course.
Have a pastry while you’re at it … I mean really, what’s coffee without something sweet.  You can sit inside, outside on the patio or walk just around the corner and sit next to the river.  I started out at the tables outside because of the gorgeous view, with beautiful blooming flowers.  What a nice way to start the day!!
You will always meet someone nice down here.  This is Jax, one of the sweetest most mellow dogs I’ve met.  What I wouldn’t give to have Cooper be this cool, calm and collected.
From there, walk East down the street along the waterfront, following paths here and there to the water’s edge.  You’ll find information boards about local critters and the ferries that came before the bridge was built.  
Here on the banks of the river is where the Suislaw Indians lived.  If you close your eyes and listen, you can almost hear them ... except for those big logging trucks going over the bridge.
As the sun rose in the sky, you can see just how smoky it's been over the last few days.  This is NOT a sunset.  I'm looking East!!
Fishermen are still out in droves, these guys just getting underway with a cute little Jack Russell puppy on board.  
As you wander East on the dock, you’ll come to Kitchen Klutter.  This is one of my two favorite stores on the Oregon Coast.  I keep thinking if I just buy enough stuff to surround myself in my kitchen, that I will absorb the karma and cook amazing things.  I know, but hope springs eternal.
When you come to the long walkway down to the boat harbor, hang on to the railing and head down.  This new dock is sometimes full of people and their crab pots.  From here you get a great view of the back of the restaurants and stores above.
As you walk along towards the boat harbor, keep an eye out for the three sealions that live here.  They are pretty camera shy.
Above you and on the left of the walkway is where the Farmers Market resides.  Continue to the very end where you will find a ramp back up to the market level.  Also keep an eye out for these little guys.  Cute as a button, they would love to have a little crumb of your pastry!!
The really good news is the rain we had last night, that continues this morning.  Not a huge amount, but enough to clear the smoke and settle the dust.  Hopefully the weather guessers are right and it will keep falling, maybe helping out with some of those awful fires.

There's some excitement at the RV Park as Trailer Trash comes to the clubhouse this weekend.  This is not your ordinary Trailer Trash .... this is PROFESSIONAL Trailer Trash.  I'll report on that this weekend.  In the meantime, still no word on my new tires.  I AM however, proud to report I FINALLY got the geocache at Darlingtonia Park after the sixth try.  YAY for me!!  I haven't had very good luck here.  A foray yesterday yielded me nothing in four hours, a story for another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment