Sunday, April 2, 2023

Yet Another Problem .....

I distinctly remember as a kid that everything went along swimmingly my entire life.  There were no problems and certainly nothing to worry about.  Oh for those days of old!!  I guess there's always good and bad.  I'm about to find another BAD item.

I've been putting the critter cam out to see if the fox troop is still sneaking into my back yard, but haven't caught up to them yet.  However there is a new critter hanging out ... a black and white one ... but not what you think.  This poor baby has a little limp.  I was feeling bad for him/her until I heard it yowling loudly at my front door this morning.  A good sign it's spring time in the valley I guess. 


Having been gone for awhile, I had to do some cleaning since I was tripping over the dust bunnies.  Uh oh ... there's a wet spot on the floor in my bedroom.  No it wasn't Cooper.  I looked up and almost cried.  The tiny little wet spot around my light fixture is now a BIG wet spot.  The painters/roofers fixed that, right???

That would be wrong.  Now I have to find someone ELSE to fix it and soon.  Thank goodness there's no rain expected for the next week or so.  I do not look forward to climbing up ten feet into my attic.

I did discover something else ... if you want to be really scared at the no-see-ums ... just walk around your house at night with only a flashlight looking up in the corners to see if anything ELSE is leaking.  You will be shocked at the spiderwebs you see hanging down from the ceiling like the Haunted House at Disneyland!!!  Some were even two feet long!!  Guess I better get out my ten foot long RV washing pole and get to work!

To sooth my now rattled brain, I finally went to the store for the Cool Whip I forgot last time.  That meant I could make THIS!!  Easy peasy pineapple cheesecake!  Instead of putting it in a pie shell, I used muffin cups and stuck it in the freezer.  Perfect portion control, right?

Or not, because I ate not one, but TWO of them!  Gosh these are good ... not too sweet and so tasty.  Thank you Patsy for the recipe.


THEN .... I went to the fabric store to pick up some material for the fish quilt.  Luckily on this trip I didn't find anything extra I couldn't live without.  I think that's because I have a roof repair to pay for.

Back home I started on this new book.  Peter Brand has been investigating the lives of the men Wyatt Earp took with with to find his brother's killers.  It turns out that Texas Jack Vermillion has a long history and wasn't the guy everyone thought he was all these years.  It's a mystery ... and I hope this book has the answers.


I spent the next three hours blocking all of 362 spam emails I get most every day.  It's ridiculous.  I know I've had this email address since email addresses were invented, but geez!!!!!  If you didn't get a response the first 589 times you sent it out, I doubt you will get a response now.  

Unsubscribing just got me in trouble since THAT was the link they wanted you to hit.  It took me forever to fix the result.  I still get emails in my junk folder that need to be kept, so I can't just summarily delete all of them.  Sometimes the electronic age isn't worth the paper it's printed on!!

Dinner was pretty tasty ... another stir fry with leftover pork loin.  Turns out it was mostly pork and little veggies, but that's right up my alley.


My sweet kid, attached at the hip, slept through the entire San Angelo Texas rodeo we watched for the next two hours.  Such good company this little guy.


Next up ... does anyone know what this pan is used for?  It's old fashioned to say the least, and rarely used any more.  On the ranch, it got used all the time for those she-she branding lunches we held every spring.  There wasn't so much she-she because we all smelled of cow pies and wet horse blankets.  

I'll be playing with this today because roofers don't work on weekends, nor do they answer their phones.  Can't blame them I guess!!


Tomorrow we'll talk branding.  Thanks for stopping by ... I love to read your comments!!





20 comments:

  1. Looks like an Angel food cake pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ding ding ding ... you WIN!!!

      Delete
  2. I agree, an angel food cake pan. Sorry about your roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup you got it right!! Roof problems seem to be the name of the game this year.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Have not seen or had an angel food cake in a long time. I have seen recipes for pull apart bread using the same cake pan. Funny how foods go out of style. There is always something to fix when you own a place but the upside is you have a lovely home. Let us know if you experiment with the cake…KN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've seen an angel food cake in about 40 years!!

      Delete
  4. Bummer about the roof leak. Those frustrate the hell out of me as they can be hard to track down. Just when you think you have it, more water shows up! Hopefully this time is the charm and when you finally get someone out, your water issues will be behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my fingers crossed ... hopefully that helps!

      Delete
  5. Cooper is such a sweetheart!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He truly is ... and he keeps me going and going!

      Delete
  6. Yay for the cheesecake! Did you add a base crust at all? Great idea if not.
    Cooper loves to nap with Mama near by like someone else i know!
    Sad to hear about the roof leak. Can't trust anyone but yourself to fix things. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put graham cracker crust at the bottom, then put the cheesecake in. Worked perfectly!! Oh yeah ... Gibbs is a lap sitter too!!!

      Delete
  7. Roof leaks are no fun. Good luck. Love that whip cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes me so nervous that it didn't get fixed the first time. This is a 30 year roof and we are only half way there.

      Delete
  8. Coming home to a leak in the roof and damage to the ceiling sure is frustrating for sure. Hopefully the problem can be found and fixed this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate dealing with this kind of thing. Obviously I'm not very good at it!

      Delete
  9. Oh I hadn't thought about angel food cake in years til I saw that pan. Now that I have....I'm in trouble. Dont think anybody makes them anymore (I'm not a baker for sure) and don't know where I could get a slice. Wasn't my favorite cake, but different! And now I really really want a slice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your grocery store has a bakery, they sometimes have them there in loaf pans.

      Delete
  10. I see you are still having problems posting on Blogger. Somewhere in Safari there has to be a "exception" place where you can add all the blogger websites you want full access to in Safari. "IF" you are using Firefox, I can help you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not using Firefox. I did discover why though. I don't want websites to cross track where I go on the internet, so I turned it off. They don't like that ... they want to track everywhere you go. I turned it back on and it worked fine ... then turned it off again. Part of the problem is I have an older version of Safari.

      Delete