Friday, April 21, 2023

ACT 2

 Well ..... it was another late meeting night.  REALLY late.  There's just something about a tuxedo shirt that makes you uncomfortable all night long.  I skipped the big steak dinner, since as you know steak is not my thing ... and went straight to the meeting.  Yes I know that's weird, but when you've had steak SO much growing up on the ranch, it becomes easy to pass.  Besides that, all steaks are not equal.

The initiation went quickly ... another 22 members.  Believe it or not, we have been initiating between 20 and 35 members every single month.  I don't know where they are all coming from.  One in particular, I wish we had not found.

The one thing we had to accomplish was voting on the budget.  A lot of work goes into that budget.  That's when the guy stood up and complained LOUDLY about not seeing it in printing for at least a week.  That brought about the READING of the budget.  Do you know how long it takes to read four pages of a budget, line item by line item?

We were then regaled with the reading of over 50 charitable donations from not one, but TWO sections of the Elks good works.  It was almost midnight when I got home.  Four hours sleep does not make Nancy a cheerful camper, even after two cups of coffee.  

SO ... here we are at ACT 2 of THE CHAIR.  It's a good thing there aren't many images in this act because I'm sure I will fall asleep after the first two.


Totally entranced by the chair,
she drags it home.


Safe in her bedroom,
she lets the chair take hold of her life.


The chair makes her feel sexy, uninhibited. 


Now we wait for Act 3, which is a good thing since my brain is pretty cloudy this morning.  This picture reminds me of the ones I've seen in the Birdcage Theatre advertising the "girls".  It was a pretty sad profession to be in, but when you're down and out with no money to live on, I don't think they had any other choice.

This beautiful girl got straight A's in college and graduated with honors.  I can't remember her major.  Possibly advertising!!  Appropriate, no??

See you tomorrow .........





12 comments:

  1. Once again fabulous pictures! Get some rest! I'm with you on steak I ate lot of steak growing up on the ranch...not my favorite either.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one who will pass on a steak.

      Delete
  2. Countless times I would look at the menu of the Restaurant I managed and NOTHING looked interesting to eat! You can only take so much of a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that interesting. You wouldn't think that was possible, but you CAN get overloaded.

      Delete
  3. I honestly don't know how you do it. I am thankful that there are people who do and enjoy working with organizations like the Elks but I just can't do it.
    The pictures are interesting, a lot of ingenuity went into the development of the Acts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why I do it Jim ... I think it's because the other people who work there are so nice. Otherwise I would quit for sure!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Weird Patsy ... weird. I don't know what I was thinking!

      Delete
  5. What the guy could not read he needed it read to him??? No matter what there is always one.
    I have a feeling Act 3 is going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing because on this night there were TWO. There's always someone who wants to argue.

      Delete