Thursday, April 20, 2023

ACT 1

I'm finally recovered from Bingo night just in time for tuxedo wearing initiation night, which of course will require an entire pot of coffee to make it through the next day.  In case you were wondering, it's still cold as all get out in California.  The sun is shining but my heater is still running.

As promised, here's one of the weird things I found while cleaning out the garage.  When we took this beginning photography class, we were told we had to come up with twelve images that would present a story ... something people could easily "gather" from looking at the sequence.  One of the examples was a fashion show at an unusual location.  Of course my vintage clothing instantly came to mind.

So here goes ... don't laugh too hard or spit out your coffee.  Believe it or not, I did actually find this chair in the alley right where it lays.  Of course I took it home (once I determined it didn't have an owner), and that's where the idea came from.


The Chair
Abandoned, laying on it's side in an alley


Proper Victorian lady walking past
hears it speaking to her


She picks it up and smiles.
She is intrigued by the chair.


The touch of the chair makes her feel sexy.
She lets her hair down and raises her skirt.


Even "I" laughed out loud when I read THAT one!  This was the gorgeous daughter of a friend of mine who agreed to do this shoot.  She loved the vintage clothing and by the way, made a great Red Riding Hood in another layout we did in a forest.  Yes, photographers are weird.  In the end, this kind of photography didn't suit me ... I liked capturing critters better.

The hat?  Yessirree ... that's another one with REAL feathers ... a fabulous find that I cannot now lay my hands on.  I took it to be used in several photo shoots in the gold mining town of Columbia.  I was able to get California State Park officials to let us inside one of the old hotels that was closed to the public.  We took all my clothing and had models pose inside.  That's where the hat disappeared.  It was probably my most prized vintage possession.

Don't go away ... there are TWO MORE ACTS coming up!! 


16 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable. Nancy you are so talented.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about talented, but it was a really fun class to take!! Thank you Frances!

      Delete
  2. It is amazing where the mind goes when you let it wonder...I am not laughing but I am smiling...😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to remember some of the others .. I think there was something on a train!

      Delete
  3. I love it! But sad about the hat 👒 😢

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are fabulous. You should frame and hang all of them in your newly furnished living room in Arizona to match the decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what Marlene? I just might hang one or two. They definitely match the decor.

      Delete
  5. Too bad the chair did not have a Red Velvet cushion on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that Dave ... it certainly is a possibility!

      Delete
  6. Love the pictures! That dress and hat are something else. Beautiful model you found there! Any idea what she's doing now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is amazing ... covered in black shiny beads. Even more amazing, it's still in perfect condition today. She graduated from Fresno State College, but I can't remember her major.

      Delete
  7. The mind does think some interesting things!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete