Sunday, April 23, 2023

That Celebration???

My apologies if you could not read the blog yesterday.  It's fixed today so you can see the end of those weird pictures.  The reason is below. 

Remember how I was wondering what kind of celebration this was?  Lots of cameras, beautiful dresses, men dressed up ... well some of them were anyway.  The music went on very late into the night as they partied in the back yard one house over.  


For three days this celebration went on every night.  Suddenly yesterday morning I heard all this drumming and banging at 8:30 in the morning.  What???  I looked outside to find this young man drumming away.  In no time there were several other instruments ... trombones and trumpets (only because I actually used to play a trumpet, but that's another story).

They stood at the front door and played for about two hours.  As they finally stopped (thank you Jesus) I ran outside to catch one of the young men.  I love your music I yelled.  He got the biggest smile on his face!  What are you celebrating I asked?

It's a WEDDING he said.  Hmmm that's weird because I know the daughter already GOT married.  So of course I had to look up Sikh weddings.   They definitely like to celebrate, because again last NIGHT, the music began at dark.  I decided to record some of it and let you hear.  Trouble is, you cannot upload an audio file ... only video.  

Oh there's a way, but you have to switch to HTML language.  Little did I know it would not automatically switch BACK.  In the end, I could not get it uploaded and it messed up ALL my blogs.  It's fixed now, so my apologies.  Lucky you, you don't have to listen to all that music!!  It's not everyone's cup of tea.


While outside a couple days ago, I spotted this.  My once beautiful flowers are nothing but dead sticks.  I don't think these are the kind that can be trimmed back to grow again.  That's when I discovered TWELVE of the FIFTEEN drips on the flower beds were whacked off.  GRRRRR ... I swear, gardeners do this just to irritate you.

I did finally catch up with him and he made all the repairs, but not without leaving all the broken pieces in the flowerbed.  Good grief.  


That's when I found THIS.  It's crazy, but there is actually a big lawn sprinkler in the middle of this chunk of grass.  That's why it's growing so crazy ... because it gets a flood of water every time the sprinklers come on.  

I grabbed my handy dandy shovel and dug away, hauling out a big pile.  I'm considering roundup to kill the entire thing and start all over.  Mostly because it showed me just how out of shape I was.  


I guess Spring finally showed up last week in the back yard, but it's scheduled to be 90 degrees this week, so it didn't last long.  The fun part is the sparrows that live in the rose bushes.  I haven't dug in to see if there are any nests, but they are all out in the early morning picking bugs from the lawn.  My very own bug killing system.


At last I was off to Home Depot.  I only go there because it's cheaper than Lowes.  There is never anyone to help you and big boxes clog the aisles making it impossible to get through.  Throw in three or four of those big rolling ladders, along with twenty huge doors on carts completely blocking the entire back of the store and it's just not fun.

Except for the part where I find some nice unsuspecting Contractor MAN to help me find something, or decide which one I need.  The bottom one is a big kitchen faucet.  Moen has always been a good product in years past.  I'm hoping they still are since that thing cost an arm and a leg.  

No, there's no way I'm installing that, although I did install a kitchen faucet ONCE.  That's why I'll never do it again!!  I'll work on the rest of the repairs today ... after the rodeo.


Having purchased a bag-o-meatballs for the Indio RV rally as an appetizer ... that I never used ... I decided to NOT be wasteful and eat them myself.  I threw them in a crock pot with some spaghetti sauce and let it go all day.  I cooked and added the pasta later.  Of course there's enough for twelve people and I only used HALF the bag.  

It was okay ... I mean you have to spit out those chunks of gristle every so often.  I know, I'm just too picky from years of having good beef.  Most of this went in the freezer because I'm sure the fox family won't eat it.


We then vegged out on the couch, Mr. Cooper and I, as we watched the Red Bluff Rodeo.  I can't believe this little guy is 14 years old.  


I'm hoping to catch a snooze or two this afternoon before the beating of the drums begins yet again.  You know I'm smiling ... because I don't live RIGHT NEXT DOOR.


8 comments:

  1. Interesting wedding traditions, but I am glad that I do not live next door! Coop is 14!?!?, He plays like he is 4. We have a poodle in our house at the moment and am getting a taste of that never-ending energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought poodles just slept all day. Boy was I wrong!!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Cooper sure doesn't look 14 it has to be the loving care he gets.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does get pampered a lot, and he's the best company ever!

      Delete
  3. Hoping you don't have to pay too much to put in that faucet...it really is not that big of a project, but a plumber will tell you differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would give it a shot, but it's crazy hard to do it laying on your back with no room to move around.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Dave, the biggest part is getting it tight enough. Plumbers have a tool for that. At least there wasn’t any competing music from the in between house! That would have been bad. Maybe because there were no issues last time there was wedding that house will be a wedding venue for future bride and grooms!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wedding venue is very possible. They have a beautiful back yard ... and even set up tents.

      Delete