Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Full Moon ..... Bingo

Full Moon and Bingo .... those are two words you don't EVER want to hear at the same time.  When that event rolls around again, I think I'll call in sick.  In less than 30 minutes, I wanted to scream and pull my hair out.  I guess I'm not the most patient person in the world, especially when it comes to cheating. 


But FIRST ..... I took a lot of deep breaths and tried to relax as I stuck my fingers with that darn needle over and over again.  Cooper wanted to be laying in my lap and kept hitting my needle hand, but I was finally able to finish this quilt that I didn't show you yesterday.  I love it!!!


Lunch time came around quickly because you know, I was SO excited to get to Bingo.  Tacos are my go-to around here since I always have fresh Cole slaw for Jonathan food.  Note to self:  next time do NOT buy the spicy Special Sauce.  It burns your mouth right nicely!


After many long sighs and deep breaths, I was OFF to the Magic Kingdom.  The table is mostly set up by Jackie, the best Castle Helper there is.  She's always on time, always smiling and fun to be around.  At 4:15 the peasants flooded the room and we began selling cards.

It was a madhouse on this night like no other.  I don't know if I have ever explained Hot Ball.  We have TWO.  That means (if they want) every player pays an extra $2.00 to get two stamps on their hand.  Every night, two numbers are drawn.  If you win my $250 bingo pot and the last number called is the Hot Ball number, you win THAT pot also.  

Right now both of those pots are at the maximum of $1,199 EACH.  That is what brings in the crowd of peasants with pitchforks and pointy sticks.  They will do ANYTHING to win that money.  The players will tell you if you try to cheat, you will always lose.  Not everyone believes that.


It always amazes me ... the smells of Bingo.  You would think my nose would be ruined by the blasting of skunk perfume over the last year or so.  That would be a no!  There's really nice perfume and there's really bad perfume, followed up by some who forget that water is for showering.  To make it worse, drugs leave a distinct smell on the hands and body.  Marijuana is the mildest.  Obviously everyone doesn't smell like drugs, but those that do .... OH MOMMA!!

So there I was, fingers flying over the keys of the infernal machine, when one couple comes back to the table.  "You didn't give us all our cards".  Uh oh ... here we go!  I just don't think my counting gal forgot to give them two of the biggest cards.  She calls them out and I punch them in to the machine.  If they are on your receipt, you got them.

Here's the thing ... if we give the cards to them without question, everyone in the room will come back and say the same thing.  The man instantly got loud.  I have no doubt they laid their cards on the table and turned their backs.  That's how cards disappear.  He got louder.  So loud I thought he was going to come across the table at me.

The wife finally came up and told him to go sit down just as papers came flying across my table.  Yup ... it's a full moon to be sure!!  At least I didn't have to call the Knights in to save me!!  In the end, we replaced the cards with a stern warning that next time do NOT lay your cards down and walk away from them. 

I probably shouldn't  care, but SOMEONE got a four card advantage over everyone else in the room.  An hour later he came by my table and apologized, wanting to shake my hand.  

Here's a look at my control sheet.  This isn't your regular kids one-liner bingo.  This shows you exactly what you must get to WIN.  The payout on the games marked with 250 are determined by how much I sell.  In all we play 22 games.  


And so I closed down and literally RAN out the door.  It was WAY past my bedtime and I didn't want to take a chance of any more full moon bingo!  

Today, if I can get my eyes to open wide enough, I'll try to find out why the bank quit making my recurring payment, causing a $30 late fee.  OUCH!!!  Then I think Cooper and I will just veg out on the couch for a few hours and recover!!

Oh ... and just for giggles ... it's California and it's 34 degrees with a high of 63 today.  I think I'll get out my bathing suit and hang out in the back yard!!!!



19 comments:

  1. Wow those Bingo people can sure take the game seriously!
    Love your Halloween quilt!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Frances ... you have no idea!! It can get wild.

      Delete
  2. Good times! I am sure that everyone is glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vast majority are really nice people ... we have a lot of laughs!!

      Delete
  3. I bet you were so looking forward to getting back to the Bingo folks!! That Halloween quilt is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well I do love "most" of them!! There's always a few that make you gnash your teeth!

      Delete
  4. 63 degrees so get the bathing suit on...lol. That brought back good memories of my Washington sister in law. If it was 63 degrees with sunshine she was sunbathing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cold in my house I wear two shirts and my thick ski socks! LOL. Guess I'm getting old.

      Delete
  5. Tacos, it's what's for dinner tonight, because yours looked so good! Because of you we always use coleslaw now for ours! Yummy. Love the Halloween quilt! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the Cole slaw better. Gives it a nice crunch!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful quilt. Hopefully, your weather is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug ... it's supposed to get up to 70 on Sunday. Woohoo!!

      Delete
  7. That Halloween quilt is so cute. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish "BINGO" was closer to Sacramento than it is...I would come just to watch and laugh! Had a good night's sleep at the Fairgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great place to stay and not too expensive. Just don't stay on a Saturday night because of the drag races down the road. I bet Sacramento has Bingo too ... and it's just as entertaining as this one! LOL

      Delete
  9. Always enjoy your bingo blogs...lol
    That Halloween Quilt really turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it ... the other two didn't turn out near as well, but at least they are finally done.

      Delete
  10. Your quilt turned out amazing. I know you weren't expecting that. Good work!
    Fun fun fun, glad you're back, right?🤪😉

    ReplyDelete