Friday, April 7, 2023

Look Who's Back In Town!!

 Great balls of fire!!!  Look who's back in town.  I've had the game camera out every day since I arrived and I've only seen one small black and white kitty.  Yesterday however, I had a visitor ... a beauty too!!  Just look at that magnificent tail!  Kind of funny though ... he didn't smell or recognize there was an egg right there.  

He spent all his time smelling Cooper who has been lounging in that area for the last two days, probably smelling Foxy!!  I'm glad to see they are still hanging around since as you know, territories occasionally change.


I forgot to include this picture yesterday ... these are two of the three tables that were included.  The one on the right is a drop leaf gate leg table ... very hard to come by nowadays.  The one on the left exactly matches my game table.  I don't know if the top folds out on this one, but I will find out in a couple of months.  I'm just beside myself ... the fun I'm going to have arranging everything!!  


Yessirree ... this is the same picture you saw yesterday, which means I got absolutely nowhere on sewing.  There are over 1,000 pieces to this quilt and I spent at least two hours matching up the required pieces for each block.  Several of the fabrics have the same pattern, so to keep from having one block with all the same fabric, I had to sort them out.  What a pain THAT was!  


Then I read about THIS story.  You can see more photos on Ray and Cindy's blog.  This one was about lithium batteries, or at least they think that's what caused it.  The Class C on the left burned up completely and the full timers lost everything but their p.j.'s.  Of course it caught the big fifth wheel on fire too.  

I've heard about several battery fires, but no one seems to know why.  It sure makes you not want to go lithium, even if they do last longer.  This didn't happen close to Ray and Cindy's house, but anywhere in the park is too close!!  Thankfully the owners were not hurt.  Yes, I stole this picture from Ray's blog.


And then it was on to the Elks Lodge for Bikers Night and dinner.  That's right up my alley since my husband (now ex) and I used to ride with a big group from our area that included Mr. Dan and Chef Patty.  Instead of riding my horse, I switched to a Harley horse for quite a few years.  

We took one ride over the hill (meaning over the Sierra Nevada mountains) when the weather wasn't the greatest.  No problem ... we all have leathers to wear to keep us warm and dry.  Unfortunately on this trip, that didn't work out so well.  We were all freezing cold and wet with icicles hanging off our chins, so we stopped in at a little bar just over the pass.  The name escapes me.  In fact, a lot of that trip escapes me.

They had a roaring fire going which we all stood around trying to thaw out.  Hey ... we're in a bar, right?  What would thaw us out better than a few shots of something.  I'm a lightweight for sure, so I went with peppermint schnapps.  Holy Cow!!  That stuff warmed me right up.

But for the girl that had just been invited on this trip ... never ridden with this group before ... she was NOT prepared.  Her boyfriend, and I use that term loosely, only provided her with a plastic bag to keep the rain off.  We laugh about that to this day, the poor girl.  No one had an extra jacket she could wear.  This was before the advent of saddle bags to carry stuff.   Funny, we never saw that girlfriend again!!

Anyway, back to the Elks Lodge ... it was the usual steak, scalloped potatoes, green beans, salad and a roll, which I SHOULD have taken a picture of.  Three quarters of the steak went in the box ... it's what's for breakfast this morning!!


The meeting wasn't too long and we all cheered the loudest when it was time to go.  

This morning I have the exciting job of going through all my bills and making sure everything got paid like it was supposed to.  I'm sure there's a nap in my near future too ... that was the second late night for this chicken that gets up before the sun.


18 comments:

  1. There was an RV fire at Copper Ridge last year. We were in CA. We didn't know the owners but these fires still give you "a pause". Oh man...the motorcycle story made me shiver. Love those tables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad those fires. If I knew them, I'd give them a quilt. All my life I've been in love with antiques. I'm not sure where that came from. My grandmother I think.

      Delete
  2. The tables are awesome along with yesterday's picture of the whorehouse couch! I'd be jumping to get back to AZ!! Bills UHHH...Have a wonderful day Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely antsy to get back to that furniture.

      Delete
  3. Those tables are awesome. You are so blessed to have family keepsakes.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fabulous! And yes, I am blessed for sure.

      Delete
  4. Happy that Mr/Mrs Fox is back! Need to put out some $1 a piece eggs for it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha almost Dave ... these were fifty cents!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Those critters ... they are beautiful and smart!!

      Delete
  6. Those tables are lovely! Nice to see Mr. Fox back again. Cooper will be right back out there tomorrow checking out his smells!
    Sounds like a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to admit it and get it over with I am jealous. That couch, the chairs and now those tables beautiful! Nice fish quilt and the one on the floor, wow.
    I feel so sorry for those RVer's that has got to be beyond devastating to have lost everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it just goes to show that WE are the important stuff, and not the "stuff".

      Delete
  8. One of the biggest fears of RV'ers. Especially if they were in it! Beautiful fox, now that it knows you are home I bet it will visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking so. The neighbor has sent a couple of pics over the last few months, but they only catch it on their doorbell camera.

      Delete