Saturday, April 15, 2023

A Healing Up Day

This is my view every morning when I wake up.  I dare not move or take a deep breath, or this guy will be parked on my chest saying GET UP MOM!!!  I've got a BALL to play with!!  I wish I could go back to sleep, but it would just result in bad dreams, so begrudgingly, I get up.  How could I not with that face staring me down. 


Soon kitty kitty kitty echos through the house.  Someone ELSE is awake too.  Here's a tidbit I've mentioned before ...  parrots are VERY destructive.  They chew on absolutely everything, so there's lots of banging going on for the first fifteen minutes as he tries to dismantle his cage.  There's something about that corner underneath his water bowl that screams ESCAPE!!

If I didn't have Cooper, he could wander about for a short while, but keep an eagle eye on him because he can chew the leg off a chair in a flash.  No kidding .... these guys have beaks like a chainsaw.  Which means when it's time for a nail trim ... my fingers are in serious danger.  I'm lucky if I get two a day trimmed without cutting off my OWN finger or getting a very nasty bite.  Believe me, it hurts like no other injury.  He looks so innocent .........

He gets one inch pieces of dowel to chew on which he turns into kindling in a matter of minutes.  If you don't provide them with something to chew on, their beaks will grow so long they can't eat.  You can kind of see in this picture where pieces have flaked off.  He can crack open a macadamia nut shell like it was nothing.  And yes, occasionally he will chew through his perch.


After finally waking up, I prepared his favorite food ... bird biscuits.  You've seen these before, sometimes made with yams or apples and always with either sunflower seeds or peanuts.  


Suddenly there was a knock at the door ... more like a BANG.  The nice Amazon delivery guy just threw this box on the concrete.  Directions say to use the BACK door.  Remember Bills hands that magically opened my locked RV door?  This was the magnetic key holder he recommended to keep on the rig in case it happens again.  

No surprise, it's broken.  I don't know what's up, but lately Amazon has gone down the black hole.  No one is following the delivery directions and boxes have been thrown ... one even hitting the door.  Three things I ordered were undeliverable ... three weeks after I bought them ... and returns are slow to be processed.  What's up Amazon???


Here's the best box I got, carefully delivered by the UPS driver and set by the door as he rang the bell.  This is Arabella ... my latest sewing challenge.  I can't wait to get started!  Isn't she gorgeous?


I pretty much took it easy on this day.  I was still trying to catch up from that late night Bingo and my brain buzzing over all those accounting figures.  It's funny how I can find those mistakes easily, but can't find the $50 mistake my bank made in my account.

Progress .... Gee I only have 18 more squares before I start putting this one together.  It really does look better in person than it does here.  I'm just happy to get rid of that roll of fabric that's been hanging around for so long.


I did find a couple more ranch pictures I'll post tomorrow.  Of course they all involve horses!!  For today however, I'm heading out for some antiquing!!  In the OLD days, Patty Chance and I would spend the entire day hitting up stores along the coast for those old things we couldn't live without.  Oh the stories I can tell about THAT stuff ... but later .....


14 comments:

  1. Nancy your quilts are amazing!
    Enjoy your day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you complain about the deliveries that are bad. I'm sure you do.
    Coopers and Jonathons little innocent faces make me chuckle. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I tried, but you can only complain if you return the product .. which I did this time.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's even prettier in person!! I can't wait to get started. At least this one doesn't have as many pieces as that other one! LOL

      Delete
  4. Are you saying those two cute faces are actually hiding mischievousness...lol Your quilts are all beautiful and Arabella does look like she is going to be a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha not hiding Deb ... he puts it right out there!

      Delete
  5. Amazon's been very careful around here lately. Don't know why. As for the canned tuna everybody refused at your place, I had that experience once. With a can of Wolf Brand Hotdog Sauce. I'll eat almost anything, but though their chili was good, this was not. Living in the country, I just scraped it out in a little pile in the yard. Still there 3 days later. NOTHING wanted it. Amazing. Not even the fire ants. Haven't seen it on the market lately. I do enjoy your young cow girl stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes ... that must have been some BAD stuff!! Fire ants are like Mikey!!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, having a parrot is quite a commitment! Not only do the live a long, long time but their diet isn’t easy either. You can’t just dump some dry food in his cage and be done. Ha
    He is handsome !
    Is there good antiquing in your area..... which way do
    you head? Hope it’s a good day.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true about birds ... which is why I ended up seeing him. I couldn't find anyone I thought would invest the time. Surprisingly, the antiquing here is better than it is in Arizona. Pricier I'm sure, but Modesto, Salida and Ripon have some great stores.

      Delete
  7. Although I think birds are cool, I just couldn't do it. Way too much of a commitment for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Wish I had thought of that so many moons ago.

      Delete