Saturday, April 22, 2023

ACT 3

 It's warming up in California.  Here it is almost May and spring has finally sprung in the land of milk and honey, now known as the land of homeless and high taxes.  Speaking of taxes, I think I mentioned we got a reprieve.  We don't have to pay any income taxes until October.  Surely that will help everyone when their property tax and income tax will be due at the same time.  Lucky for me, thanks to the solar I put in, I'm getting a nice chunk of change back. 

That means the 20 solar panels I put in, which save me about $3,000 every year in electric bills (and I'm very conservative), will cost close to $15,000.  It will basically pay for itself in five years.  Not bad!!  Yup ... should have done it years ago.

So here's the last ACT ... you knew it was coming to this!!


She and the chair hit the road
to the nearest Burlesque House


Her chair antics bring rave reviews.


Happy in her newly chosen profession,
the proper Victorian lady is a star.


And so is the chair ......... the END.


Okay, so much for that nonsense.  The "Director" got an A on this assignment, I'm sure because the teacher was a GUY!!!  I was also happy that my poor model didn't fall off the slick table she was standing on in my garage when all this was shot.  

Yes I still have all the clothing, including the corset, but believe me, I never did try on another one after getting stuck the first time.  The petticoat from yesterday's pics belonged to my Grandmother.  I even have a couple pair of her bloomers stashed away in the trunk.  Won't someone be surprised when I'm gone and they clean out my trunks.

There's more news on the front about the party down the street, but it can wait until tomorrow.  I'm off to Home Depot ... it's repair time!







10 comments:

  1. Great job on pictures Nancy!
    Have fun at Home Depot!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, put a red cushion on that chair, lay the dress out over it, put the pictures up on a wall behind it and it will fit right in with the new furniture awaiting in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very creative Dave .... not sure what company would think however! LOL

      Delete
  3. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ just in case it is not obvious those are clapping hands. You had a very cute model! I am glad it is warming up somewhere we seem to be finding the cold...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposed to be 90 this week. Spring just slipped right on by.

      Delete
  4. That is a hard act to follow. I think the photo shoot and narrative were very good. Did you do only one?
    Death and taxes are the only sure things in life, no matter where you live.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did several shoots, but most did not require the printed images. All our work was submitted via a thumb drive once a week and then shown on the wall. Maybe I can find some of those.

      Delete