Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The Knight Causes Trouble At Bingo!!

 Some days just seem to fly by in the blink of an eye.  Other days, it's Bingo time!!  Bingo never seems to move faster than a snail on my dry concrete sidewalk.  It's much less work than all that shoveling however, so I don't understand why I'm so sore and exhausted the next day!!

It was truly a beautiful morning until I got that phone call.  I finally broke down and bought a new kitchen faucet with a pull-down sprayer.  The plumber said sometime in the next two weeks.  I was pretty surprised when he called at 8:30 and said he would be right over.

YIKES!!  I'm still in my jammies with Cooper in my lap and the craziest night hair you've ever seen.  But I'll save that story for tomorrow ... let's get on to Bingo!!


The Knights of the Castle have not been meeting up in the turret like usual.  I don't know what happened to our little band of Musketeers, but sitting alone is not my cup of tea, so I went down to the dungeon.  The wonderful Jackie, she who is in charge of setting up absolutely everything, was hard at work doing all my work for me.  I don't know where this Fairy Godmother came from, but I LIKE HER!!

As we sat counting out the last cards, we could hear the peasants beating on the doors with pitchforks and sticks.  At 4:25 they came flooding in and the craziness began.  It's all about who gets to choose their cards first ... the ones with the winning numbers.  They dig through my stacks like gold miners looking for the Lost Dutchman Mine.  Don't you DARE touch ANY of those papers until the person in front of you picks theirs.

If the fight gets out of hand, I just grab the packet and rip it apart.  It goes straight in the trash.  That one was bad ... pick another one please.

It all went pretty well until the next Hotball game was won.  If you win our Bingo with the chosen hot ball number posted on the wall, you win OUR pot AND the hot ball pot of $1199.  That's a nice haul of $1449 all in one fell swoop.  That is ALSO why they are all so crazy about the specific numbers on their cards.

They all cheer and yell for whoever won.  Then they come up to my table and complain about the winner ... how she STOLE that card!!  It's too funny.

The biggest problem on this night was the half-time break, which caused the Half Price problem.  If you come in very late, you are allowed to play the second half of the games for Half Price.  My brain wasn't working by that time of the night.  The gal who came in EARLY, wanted to add on games for half the cost.  My favorite Knight was sitting there and said SURE.  He's no longer my favorite.

That would be a NO from me, since the cost would be $2.50.  I don't HAVE $2.50 on my infernal machine and we have NEVER done that before.  The accountant went crazy THIS time.  I finally let her go, but told the Knight ... now you've done it!  Now they are ALL going to want the same thing.  Sure enough, FIVE MORE PEOPLE came up to get more cards at $2.50.  

As soon as I could, I corralled the King to get it straightened out ... you get the first TWO cards at half price. All others, no matter when you buy them ..... are $5.00 each.  Next week I'll have to fight with all those people who will say ..... you gave it to me LAST week for $2.50!

I do want to thank everyone for the Corn Dog prayers.  IT WORKED!!!  Although half the size of a normal dog, they were quite tasty for ...... wait for it ...... $2.50 each.  Woohoo!!!  Even better, my stomach doesn't complain one little bit!

I got home just in time to give Jonathan a squinch.  He says he's not getting the same blog time as Cooper.


This morning I've got the second day shoveling woes.  Maybe I'll take Cooper out for a walk so we can loosen up a bit.  

The plumber story is for tomorrow ... because it was NATIONAL HUG A PLUMBER DAY.  




18 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with the Knight changing the rules midstream. I have been on both ends of that spectrum and know the hassle it can cause. And you are right, you will pay for his decision next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't blame him too much I suppose. He just can't help being a really NICE guy!!

      Delete
  2. The Knight speaks before he has all the facts. Perhaps this gallant man wii be on hand to explain the error was his and he regrets the inconvenience but it was a one time event. An announcement BEFORE play begins may be the way to go. Or it may not. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a GREAT idea. I'll make sure he's available! LOL

      Delete
  3. Nancy those bingo players can be brutal.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a rather demanding group of individuals!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...at least they cheer for the winner. The people where my sister plays bingo aren't so nice to the winners. Lol 😆 I'm glad the corn dog prayer worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...still in my jammies..." and "NATIONAL HUG A PLUMBER DAY" ... Can't WAIT to hear this story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonathan has such beautiful colors! Those Bingo antics are something else! Glad you got your corn dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part was the complete lack of indigestion! A big plus at bingo!!!

      Delete
  7. Jonathan looks very regal posing for his picture. I hope you have explained to the Knight in question he needs to be there for the fun next week. Looking forward to learning about National Hug a Plumber Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me, the Knight is there every week. He usually puts out fires ... next week I'll make SURE he does.

      Delete
  8. What great stories you have!!
    I would never known that side of Bingo***
    Guess I thought it was Grandma’s little
    church Bingo game. Lol
    Oh a new kitchen faucet is the best!
    Think your going to like it,
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo is ALWAYS full of stories! Sometimes it really surprises me!

      Delete
  9. Jonathan is looking very content. He is so "handsome".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a sweet boy and surprisingly, likes to be petted in the morning.

      Delete