Sunday, April 9, 2023

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

I'm so thankful that I'm still here for this Easter celebration.  I was always thankful, but this Easter, even more so.  

 Soooooo ..... my hint of the day:  Do NOT get your grandkids bunnies for Easter.  Those three Dutch babies I had quickly turned in to twenty-one that had to be kept inside on the back porch out of the cold and heat.  Bunnies are prolific at breeding AND pooping ... which smells about as good as a 1,000 cow dairy.  But boy are they CUTE!!!! 




Thankfully I don't have them any more.   However, it's EASTER and we need colored eggs to hide for the Foxes who grace my back yard.  I figured I would wing it and NOT buy the Paas egg dying kit.  I decided to go au naturale with coloring like the Indians used to use for dying clothing.  You know, onion peels, turmeric, things like that.  Really ..... I didn't know you could dye metal, as my spoon now has a permanent red tinge to it.





But NOT from the natural dyes I made that smelled up the house because those really didn't work.  I finally got out my set of cake frosting dye colors.  It worked quite well, yes?  Can you tell which one was the turmeric?  I could have written on them with wax, but my box of crayons disappeared in the ranch attic many moons ago.


I'm pretty sure the fox kids will not be impressed, so these will go to Jonathan and Cooper, who both love eggs.  Maybe I'll even steal one for my salad.  The turmeric one is yellow ... not bad actually!!



Along with colored eggs for Easter comes the Easter Bunny CAKE!!  How could I not try it out?  I almost spit out my coffee when I saw this.  Sadly, it is not MY creation.


This one looks amazingly like the rats I find under my Arizona house.  Never use chocolate frosting on an Easter bunny.


I'm sure there is a name for this one, I just don't know what it is.  Bunny does NOT come to mind.


I will pass on these cakes, only because I still have angle food cake in the freezer which will be delicious smothered in canned peaches.  That was one of our go-to's at the ranch branding.


Dinner was an enchilada casserole I whipped up to get rid of some leftovers.  It turned out quite yummy and I ate much more than I should have.


pastedGraphic_2.png


This kid .... Mr. Cooper .... has decided he loves butt scratches more than anything in the world.  He's patiently waiting for me to start his spa treatment and get his scratch on.  He's actually become very persistent that this activity happen about twelve times a day.  Maybe that means it's bath time.


pastedGraphic_3.png


This morning I'm whipping up a lovely bacon Swiss cheese quiche for breakfast.  Then it's RODEO time on the tube.  It's Extreme Bulls day as I scroll down through E-Bay looking for more antique treasures.  The BUG has gotten into me again.  I'm about as addicted to antique furniture as I am to fabric!!!  I blame it all on my Grandmother ... bless her soul!!  


HAPPY EASTER TO ONE AND ALL!






10 comments: