Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Zucchini And Lizards .. Not In The Same Bowl

Another day ... another dollar!  But first, looky here!  I rarely see cardinals in this neighborhood, though they do hang out occasionally.  Look to the right hand side.  Isn't he a beauty? 


Mother Nature has turned the heat off again.  A high of 57 has kept me pretty much inside.  What better way to keep my mind occupied and OFF my phone, than to get back to quilting.  I set this one up before realizing I did NOT have any black thread.  

The plan was for spiders and webs, so I switched to white.  Before I turned it on and got to work however, the freeze dried zucchini was calling my name.


Don't breathe hard ... this stuff is light as a feather.  I added water and waited.  This was not quite as pretty as the potatoes, but zucchini bread was calling my name.  


I mixed it up and baked it the required time.  I usually prefer banana bread, but smother anything like this in butter and I'm all over it.  I'm not the only one ... Jonathan had a nice large chunk and ate every crumb.   It's a sneaky way to get him to eat his vegetables. The rest went in the freezer for snacking.  I have to admit, that freeze dried stuff is pretty darn good!!


There was lots of time spent on the phone trying to get those doctor appointments straightened out.  Two cancellations (not by me), seven phone calls and what seemed like hours on the phone finally resulted in everything being put off until mid February.  I see the medical stuff here in Arizona is very similar to California.

While on the phone, look what I spotted crawling across the kitchen floor towards the door.  I'm pretty sure he was hungry since he was moving so slowly.  I was able to grab him by the tail and carry him outside.


Poor little guy ... but he made it to the lawn and disappeared.  He'll probably become a roadrunner appetizer.


Such an exciting day!  Back to quilting ... there's still so much to learn.  Ray Warner will be laughing at this one!  When you open a pattern on the machine, you don't really know what it's going to look like when quilted on the fabric.  Yes you look at a picture of the pattern on the screen, but that doesn't mean much.

This pattern is way too small.  I'm usually trying to reduce patterns, but this one needed to be expanded.  Too late ... an entire row was done.  

Apparently I wasn't wearing my lucky boots, because I completely forgot the backing was barely long enough for the quilt.  That two inches I left at the top became a problem at the bottom.  SO ... I took the entire thing OFF the frame, sewed a piece on the bottom and put it back ON the machine.  I think it will be the perfect Valentine's Day gift for Cooper, even if it IS a Halloween quilt.  I'll finish it later today.


Dinner was broccoli salad.  Oh mama ... those red onions were STRONG!!  I'm surprised I didn't light the house on fire when I breathed out.  It needed bacon, but I didn't have the motivation.  I must be sick.


By bedtime, we were pretty tired.  There was just too much brain work going on!  Very early this morning I'm off to get the oil and fuel filter changed in my truck.  It's just another honey-do that I have to do.


After that, I'm heading off to get my hitch checked out.  I'm hoping it's still in good shape and I don't have to buy another one.  It happens that this one, while used by a friend for about a year, was in an accident.  It's been just fine, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

No ... there's been no word from the electrician.  Big sigh!





10 comments:

  1. Sweet picture of Cooper. Doris Pursell

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet picture of Cooper laying down on the job, instead of being on lizard patrol! (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Thankfully he's not been one to taste anything on the floor. In the summer, there's usually a scorpion or two.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully that was the only lizard in your house and it lives a long and happy life telling other households how to save money on their insurance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt!!!!! Not sure they will listen to a BROWN lizard though.

      Delete
  4. Cute picture of Cooper. I love broccoli salad but I'm sure it needed bacon. But even without I'm sure it was tasty. Hopefully there will NO more medical appointment cancellations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when it was about gone, I cooked the bacon. MUCH better!

      Delete
  5. that zucchini bread looks goo and I'll bet it tastes great too with lots of butter. Nice job.
    The spooky quilt is cute, Cooper will love it. :)
    Look at that sleepy little squirt!♥

    ReplyDelete