Friday, February 17, 2023

Throwing A Hissy Fit!!!

Hoooweeeeee it's chilly in Arizona.  In the twelve years I've been coming here, I've never seen Mother Nature throw such a hissy fit!!  "Feels like 23" should read Feels like 10!!  It actually got a little lower before the morning was over.  


I bundled up, grabbed my camera and ran outside just as the sun was coming up.  The blue/gray sky was casting a shadow over everything.  


When Mother Nature's heat lamp came up in the sky, it all began to melt.  Not fast mind you, since the temperatures stayed really low all day.  How could you not love a view like this.

At the same time, Mother Nature makes everything look gorgeous so you won't mind the snow so much ... in the DESERT ... where it's supposed to be WARM!!

Everywhere you look, it's amazing.  


This tree was fabulous in its crystal white dress.  In no time however, it all disappeared.


Except my SNOWMAN!!  He hung in there the longest ... although I actually do STILL have snow on my back lawn.  Yessirree ... that's how cold it's been for the last couple of days.  The snow has NOT melted.


Even my poor hummers got frozen out.  It's never been cold enough to do this.  I had to thaw it out and make a fresh batch for them.


In other news, I felt like throwing a hissy fit yesterday too.  No surprise!!  My level of patience for incompetence is getting shorter the older I get.  Is it just me?

All this craziness trying to get those medical tests done .. all that worry .. waiting for 8 months to get this taken care of ... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with me.  If that doesn't make you scream and throw a hissy fit, I don't know what will.  

Apparently the previous tests were NOT done correctly.  No surprise, considering the level of competence in that area of the state.  Just to be sure, they did even MORE tests.  I passed with flying colors.  YAY!!  I'm going to hang around and bother people for another ten or twenty years!!!

The plans for dinner were NOT interrupted.  We headed out for fried deliciousness to Red Lobster.  It's so nice to actually have choices of places to eat.  I bet you can tell whose plate this is!!


Patty and I could never eat that much food.  We opted for the smaller appetizer, coconut shrimp!  To offset the calories, we each ALSO had a nice green salad.  What a meal!!!


Stuffed to the gills, we went back home where I completely forgot to take the ribs out for the smoker.  Considering the winds to be 25-30 mph all day long, I'm not sad about that.  I'll try again tomorrow.

It's going to be a good day though ... I've got not one, but TWO contractors coming this morning.  The electrician to fix my RV plug and the plumber to put in my new hot water heater!  It's going to be a high priced day, but there will be no hissy fit throwing from me!!!  

I can't wait to be worry free ... if only for a day or two before something else breaks!  You know ... home ownership stuff!




10 comments:

  1. I’m glad to hear the test results were all good. Such a worry for a nothing, the stress alone could make one sick or dead. Lol.
    I would thank that electrician for the heads up about not making it a few days ago. These days I think it’s rare for a tradesperson to do that.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did thank him for sure. That's not the normal among contractors.

      Delete
  2. Worry-free? What's that? So glad your test results came back positive (or is that negative?). Anyway, we are glad you are going to be around for a while longer. Beautiful pictures, well worth putting up with some of that white stuff for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I lived where you guys do I'd be outside all winter long taking pictures!!

      Delete
  3. Hope that electrician is going to look at those plugs that don't have power too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is ... said when he first came to Tucson that's all he worked on was these modulars.

      Delete
  4. What? Me worry? I can always get home in the Jeep. So glad, you're going to outlive me. One of these days I'm going to do real maintenance, instead of a Macgyver fix. (Had to Google the spelling)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you Doug ... I do know what worry is and it's not fun. If you ever got stuck, just call me and I'll come running. I'll be your moral support!!

      Delete
  5. Those are very pretty pictures of the snow. Snow sticking to trees and plants is beautiful and has always looked like lace to me. Glad to read your test results turned out well and you will be around another twenty years or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot of praying, but the results were awesome.

      Delete