Tuesday, February 14, 2023

How To Waste An Entire Day

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

If you didn't buy your sweetie flowers or candy, it might be a good idea to cook dinner!!


But first ..... a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nurse/Chef Patty!!!  It sucks getting old, but I'm happy to say she is hanging in there like Tarzan in the jungle.  Nothing can stop this girl ... she sews and quilts like crazy (all donated for children), cooks like a mad woman and keeps the Last Chance house running like a clock.  Sometimes the clock doesn't read the right time, but she's Super Woman anyway.  

A birthday means a trip to the quilt store ... she gets 20% off anything she buys.  It used to be half your age, but apparently there are too many old ladies around here quilting, and they lost money.  

SO ... it was pretty cold yesterday morning as the rain clouds started to come over the mountains.  


This is what it looked like two years ago.  Who knew it snowed in the desert??


Critters have been keeping a low profile, except for the bunnies.  Those guys must sleep all day long, because they run around all NIGHT long from one cactus to another.  You would think they just might run into a coyote or two, but not that I have seen or heard.  The bunnies always disappear 15 minutes before the troops arrive.


I spent a good part of the day on the phone after a quick trip to the grocery store for Cole slaw.  It's one of the few things I can get Jonathan to eat ... and he demands it be FRESH!

Back home as I glanced out the window, I spotted this beautiful rainbow.  Isn't that supposed to mean the end of the rain?  


Not so much ... the rain kept coming on and off all day long.  See that lovely pink?  Yeah, that's the four letter word beginning with S.  Luckily it hasn't hit us yet, but it sure is all around the country.  Winds are picking up again this afternoon to 25 mph with more rain and snow coming in late tonight and tomorrow morning.  


Just because WE can't go out, doesn't mean the Quartzsite group has to stay home.  Here's an event for you!!  I'm not sure about the $15 per person to get in ... maybe that's for the VIP camping spots.  Be sure and listen to the Drum Circle music around the campfire. 

I saw a commenter say PLEASE PRACTICE YOUR DRUMS before you show up.  They don't want any out of sync terrible drum players around the fire like last year.  

The tethered ballon (yes that's how it is spelled) rides at $20 each don't sound like much fun, but you would be above the crowd I suppose.  There's also a beer garden ... so there's that.  I don't drink beer, but it sounds like it might be a fun place to take pictures.


How to waste an entire day .... while at the Chance house for the super bowl, they gave me this.  Patsy will know what this is.  You unroll it, lay out your jigsaw puzzle pieces and work away.  When done and you need your counter space back, you just roll it up.  The pieces stay neatly tucked away until you bring it out again.  


Lucky me, I now have appointments for the water heater and RV plug repair.  Just for kicks, I called the flooring people and asked for an estimate.  He's stopping by early this morning.  I mean really, I needed something to do to waste away the day.

I had this flooring put in two bedrooms a couple years ago.  Since I had a package left over, I figured I would lay it out and see what it looks like.  Not bad ... not bad at all, though I hate the green countertops.  


After paying for the first two items, this will probably be out of my budget until next year.  As for the house painting ... that will have to be done in the summer when I return.  Rain and snow don't mix well with paint.

And so I wasted an ENTIRE day doing practically nothing.  I did finally load another quilt on the machine, but it won't get done today.  Patty and I are off to the quilt store, the Mexican pottery store and wait for it ......... COLDSTONE!!!!  Damn the cholesterol ... we have a birthday to celebrate!!


16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Patty! It doesn't sound like a wasted day, it sounds like a day when only a few things were accomplished, there is a difference. LOL

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I even get ONE thing accomplished, it's a good day!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Patty! You share the same birthday as our little Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the information about the Quartzsite Glow that looks like something fun to check out.
    Have fun at the quilt shop and Coldstone...lol
    Happy Birthday to Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Patty. I don't eat ice cream so make sure Patty eats extra for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Patty! I do love the flooring, on my agenda for this spring! Definitely sounded like a good day to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice day ... even better with ice cream.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, Patty! And Happy Valentine's Day to you Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is ok with that train derailment there nearby...I figure it is a dozen or so miles from your house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Patty from us as well.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete