Monday, February 20, 2023

Well ..... It's Raining

 I know I keep saying this, but I've never seen anything like it.  It rained quite a bit here last night, and it's still going this morning.  It's a quiet rain ... no thunder and lightning this time.  I guess our summer weather in the winter is going to stay gone for a while longer.


So I might as well get inside stuff done.  This is that fancy water filter I ordered to see if the expensive one worked better than the cheap one.  $57 dollars ... replace every six months!  Yikes!!!  Previously, I went for the $35 model.


It took some time to get the old one out, along with a nice big flood of water.  The directions don't tell you to put a bath towel under when removing.  It seemed just as hard to get the new one in, but I persevered.  The bad part was running water through it to the tune of one gallon before using.

I'm sure the cheap one worked relatively okay, but once the water in my cup sat for an hour, it tasted terrible.  This ..... THIS is heaven.  No more bad tasting water, even after it sat in my cup all day long.  YAHOO!!!  I guess sometimes you have to pay the price.


It was overcast and gloomy all day long.  I got dressed up TWICE to go to town, but never made it.  Sometimes, even if my list is long, I just can't get up the motivation to walk out the door.  

So I worked on this quilt most of the day.  Here's an interesting situation ... when I have the lights turned on and the iron turns on ... the lights dim.  I asked the electrician about that and he said it was because my iron was 1800 watts.  

Since it's not been steaming like it should, I ordered a cheap 1500 watt model.  Maybe that will help.  Nope ... not in the least.  The light still dims when it turns on and off.  Weird ... so now I turn the light off to iron in the dark.  Not a good solution, but it's all I've got.


Bored to tears ... I mean really, even grocery shopping is a nice alternative to staying in the house all day long ... I decided to whip up a batch of peanut butter cookies.  You'd be proud ... I only ate ONE.  Well, except for all that raw dough I ate, you know, just to be sure it was okay for human consumption.


There was one slight distraction in the afternoon.  Mr. Cooper decided there was something about his friend on top of the buffet.  He sat there and barked for quite some time while I tried to ignore him.  I'm telling you .. when there is a b-a-l-l involved, his little nose is NEVER wrong.  

Yes, I have a little black and white friend, who thankfully is made of stuffing and oh-so-soft fuzzy stuff.  Hidden underneath was you know what.  Sometimes when he's making me crazy, I hide them.  By the way, never say that word ... b-a-l-l.  He wasn't exactly happy that I gave him the critter instead of the b-a-l-l.


That tells you just how exciting the day was!!  Anyway, the clouds kept the landscape looking eerie and cold until it was time for leftover ribs.


That completely distracted me from the sunset going on outside.  This is NOT my image.  The sun sets in the West, yes?  My house faces North ... meaning I miss most sunsets unless my brain is in gear.  On this night it was muddied up with tasty barbecue.


This IS however, a picture of last night's sunset taken by someone else.  A beautiful ending to an otherwise pretty boring day.  Today should be better ... if the weather holds out.  We are off to Green Valley for some exploration.



19 comments:

  1. Keep the weather, we are enjoying the sun and warmth here in Q. The cookies look delicious, could I have one please? Just one since you showed such restraint I can’t do less. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had what was probably our best day here in Q yesterday! 11 days here, 2 of which were sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filtered water …👍 good. $19.99 Brita Large 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Standard Filter, 👍. X. $57 Refrigerator filter👎 Equals $30 towards new fabric Or have your famous plumber put in a whole house charcoal water filter system You might not be able to buy any Quilting fabric for the next couple of years but at least you’ll have a great water. 🥛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's cheaper, but does the water taste the same?

      Delete
  4. Chilly and overcast all day here in Benson on Sunday. Just after 6 pm there was some color in the west sky....not much, but something against the grey clouds. Not going to the 2023 Tucson rodeo? Stay warm. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping my heater turned up Lynn. Yes on the rodeo later in the week.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful skies...cookies....quilt....and Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To continue the thread of the dimming light. It looks like there is either a contact problem from the wire in the outlet, a faulty breaker, or the wire in the wall that might have a contact problem. Possibly needs an upgrade from 14 gauge to 12. The electrician could have checked the outlet with a meter. You could do it yourself by purchasing “KILL A WATT” SKU#93519 from Harbor Freight in Tucson @ $27.99. This monitor gadget plugs into the outlet and by then plugging in your iron the LCD display will help you to figure out the exact watt or amp or volt and as well other electrical users like toaster, hairdryer, tv etc. you plug into this gadget and it will help you to solve problems. The monitor shows all meter readings depending what button you press. You’ll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting one today!!! Thank you so much!!! It's just worrisome having the lights dim.

      Delete
  7. We have had summer days since Saturday but i know the trend won't last.
    Nice to have good tasting water!
    Copper is smarter than you, dontcha know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad someone is warm-er!!! These kids of ours, right?

      Delete
  8. I love peanut butter cookies, but never think to make them! Love the skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? I guess those clouds are good after all.

      Delete
  9. The peanut butter cookies look really good. The weather has been, I am going to be nice, interesting...lol Though we have had three days in a row of decent weather. Looks like another pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to get used to bad weather when we are so spoiled with beautiful sunny skies.

      Delete
  10. It's still worrisome to me. I turn the lights off when the iron is on now.

    ReplyDelete