Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wild and Woolly!!!!

 Wow ... it could not have been a more wild and woolly day in Arizona!  Let's start with THIS!!  The winds came up last night like a tornado!  Honestly, it sounded like it was going to rip my house from the foundation and send it off to Kansas!  

That was followed up by rain ... a really big drip drip drip that I'm praying was OUTSIDE my window and not inside.  I'll check that today.

After several crazy nightmares, I finally woke up to that excruciating quiet of .... SNOW!!  It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop!  Even the trains are not running.  The little black kitty kitty is a metal one that fools Cooper every time he goes outside.  


My thermometer reads 34 degrees and it's snowing continually.  I'm sure it won't last long, so I'm getting pictures as fast as I can!


Next up, we are all okay from the HAZMAT spill down the highway.  When you get one of those screaming messages on your phone, you quickly pay attention.  


There's some construction along this section of the highway, causing people to slam on their brakes because they just drive too fast and ignore the signs.  This is nitric acid ... not something you want to breathe in.  

Luckily there are no houses close to this and it's about 12 miles down the road from us.  They closed the highway completely.  I'm sure they got it all cleared up before the big winds came.  The West is still a wild and crazy place to live!!


Back to the NORMAL part of the day, after getting a flooring estimate that's WAY over my budget, especially with electrical and hot water heater issues looming, Patty and I took off for the quilt shop.  She gets 20% off everything she buys on her birthday.  Lucky for me, Patty includes me in the fun.

On this day, all I needed was the backing material on the left.  Patty also found some backing for the quilt I made for her, to eventually be sent to her friend in Alaska.  


Then we went to Joanns.  Why?  Because she had ANOTHER coupon for 20% off everything bought, including sales items.  Woohoo!!  Patty got several more pieces of fabric and I picked up this fabric box along with a $65 packet of blades for my cutter.  I never buy them unless I get at LEAST 40% off, which I did, thanks to Patty's discount.  


So THEN it was time to treat Patty for her birthday.  We go to Coldstone Creamery every year ... it's tradition ... for a coffee lovers sugary treat.  Oh yes, Patty had a coupon for THIS too!!  Buy one, get one free, my treat.


Okay, I inhaled mine, as you can see.  There is NO ice cream better than this amazing concoction of coffee ice cream, Heath bars and nuts.  Next time I'll bring a candle!


It could not have been a better day ... we laughed a lot and had a great time, not to mention scoring lots of fabric at sale prices.  

It looks like the snow will only last a couple of hours before melting away.  It's going to be sunny all day, with 15-17 mph winds.  I guess if I'm going to build a snowman, I better go do it NOW!!!




14 comments:

  1. We had the same weather here minus the snow. As we wake up this morning though the winds seem calm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you aren't freezing THIS morning! Yikes it's a cold 28, heading down to 22!!!

      Delete
  2. So happy we didn’t get snow but it was cold and very windy. We had worries when opening the door, the wind could have easily ripped it out of one’s hands. The snow is pretty but better at your house than mine. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the snow, I just don't want to drive in it.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the snow as long as it lasts. Heard it was snowing at our home last night :) Sounds like a nice day for both you and Patty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I'm betting you are going to run into it!! Safe travels.

      Delete
  4. We first heard it was a train...I knew they were close to your land and that they talked about those exits and google maps showed they were 10 and 13 miles from your place and that the winds were headed south...had us a bit worried, that is nasty stuff. (Hey, first comment using my new laptop! TaDa!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! The laptop is working!! Looks like the highway might be open today.

      Delete
  5. I just checked with my cousin. Their exit is Rita Ranch. They are hunkered down...no heat...and "some " snow on the ground. They are 3 1/3 miles from the accident. Crazy stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be cleaned up by now. Pretty hard not to turn the heat on!!

      Delete
  6. What a fun day for Patty's birthday.
    Nice deals too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time ... always made better by discount coupons.

      Delete
  7. Reads like you and Patty had a fun day celebrating her Birthday. That was one scary spill near you. Tom said they used that in the lab he worked at in the paper mill and it is really dangerous you do not want to come in contact or breath it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the truck driver died, but I don't think anyone else was hurt. Time will tell if anyone breathed in that stuff.

      Delete