Sunday, February 12, 2023

Feels Like Halloween!!

There's one thing you don't see a lot in other parts of the country, and that is the spectacular sunrises ... yes SUNRISES ... of Arizona.  The wind was still howling like crazy and it was freezing cold, but I ran outside in a T-shirt to get these images.   


It's rather weird that the clouds are finally being blown in since we've had nothing but sunny weather the last few days.  It really feels like Halloween to me.


I stood in the garage freezing my tootsies off while waiting for this!  And then the clouds REALLY showed up.  I thought it was going to rain for a good part of the day.  At long last ... silence (no wind) ... about 5:00 pm.  I can't tell you how nice silence is.


Just to shake it up a bit, Mother Nature is on a rampage.  Just look at this forecast!!  Seventy degrees one day and SNOW the next.  What the heck???  And then a HIGH OF 42?????  Someone is playing dirty tricks on my little piece of Heaven.


So once again I was locked up in the house.  I don't mind as long as I have something interesting to do.  Here's another Halloween quilt.  If it's going to feel like Halloween, it might as well LOOK like it.  I don't know why I have three Halloween quilts to finish ... I think I saw this one on sale for $5.00 and had leftover fabric from the other.

The problem was I couldn't find any black thread, so I ordered two spools four days ago.  I was bummed I had to wait for it to quilt this one.  Suddenly there was that doorbell again ... and what should appear but the thread!!  Timing is everything!!

I wasn't thrilled with the spider and web design, so I picked up this windy moon pattern.  Appropriate, yes?  I like it much better.  I was more careful this time about the backing being long enough and it quilted out right nicely.


I think I need some wall space in the house to hang a few of these up.  It's not quite COWBOY, but .....


With that done, I fixed some lunch with a bag-o-lettuce I got at Safeway.  I bought it on 2/10 and it said good until 2/18.  It looked like it was past it's prime, but I ate it anyway.  Big mistake.  Suddenly I got sick ... REAL sick.  Well that was fun.  I spent the rest of the day on the couch with Cooper.

Those bandages you see on his leg?  He STILL bites at those ant bites he got last year, so I smother it in Benadryl lotion and wrap it up.  After awhile he will leave it alone and no more bandage.


I did creep outside last night for a fabulous sunset, but haven't downloaded any of the images.  I'll get to that today.

And what is today?   SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!  We're having a party over at the Chance House.  I'm taking ham and Swiss cheese sliders ... which sounded really good until I got sick.  Now, not so much!!  Then I'm going to make sure I have three shirts and two coats for tomorrow's SNOW!!!




17 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and sunrise pictures! Yesterday ended up being pretty nice here. I am not looking forward to those cooler temps though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise pictures and cute picture of Cooper. Your coming weather is a definite brrrrrrrr......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and a gorgeous sunrise. I find once the sunrise show starts, there is a lull long enough to put on socks, shoes and a jacket if needed, before the show starts changing every minute. The weather forecast does look inviting, do you have any hope of changing that for us? Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to change the weather ... doing my SUN dance every morning. So far it's not working!

      Delete
  4. I've given up on those bags of pre-cut salads.

    I think your snow is going to be rain here on Friday. It is a freezing 64 degrees today and tomorrow...brrrr, might have to wear long pants! (NOT!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can it be 70 degrees one day and snow the next?

      Delete
  5. I never see sun rises anyway, no matter where I am. Just too early for this guy, I'm a late nighter. I'll just enjoy your pics.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob! Yeah not many people are chickens ... most are night owls!

      Delete
  6. Love the Halloween quilt. That is really neat. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the quilt a lot, the colors really pop!
    Those bags of lettuce, even when they say triple washed,
    I always wash them. I’m sure they have some sort of
    preservative added. Like Emeril says, ‘how do we
    know there washed’. Lol
    What area are you located in? Wow, snow, is that a first?
    Take care of your self.🤗
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a first ... I'm in Tucson where it snows about every other year. There is even a ski resort on top of the mountains to the Northeast.

      Delete
  8. That sky is amazing!! I appreciate you running out in the wee hours to get the pictures. I miss the early and late sky.
    Love the new moon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I wish I could just sleep in and miss it too! LOL

      Delete
  9. Some Super Bowl game, wasn't it. Glad KC won, but it could have gone either way. This next week is going to be horrible weather wise. Tired of the up and down temps and wind! But, I can't complain. I could be in Illinois! Nice Halloween quilts. You're ready for October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could be in deep snow!! Better to be just a little chilly here. Super Bowl was a great game ... I didn't think KC was going to pull it off!

      Delete