Saturday, February 18, 2023

It's Good To Laugh!!

It's a big shake of the dice in Arizona.  Who knew the weather could change at the drop of a hat?  It's a lovely 43 degrees this dark morning, with a high of 70.  We absolutely FROZE yesterday with winds that made my RV cover swing 4" each direction.  That was a little scary!  

On the other hand, this kid of mine just cracks me up and makes for belly laughs every single day.  This is his pup language for YOU are eating something, so "I" need to be eating something.  Seriously, he does this every time.  What he gets is a tiny one inch piece of Beggan Strip.  I guess he has me well trained.


Just to show you how bad the winds were ALL DAY LONG, my whirligig got a kink in his what's it.  


It was a big surprise when the plumber called at 7:30 to say he would be a little late.  Wow ... no contractor I've ever known has done that!!  Upon arrival, he emptied the tank and got to work.  Come to find out, this is a "residential" unit.  It is against code to put them in a modular home.

Lovely ... if anything had happened ... fire or water damage, my insurance company would not have paid a dime.  NOT a laughing matter!  Out with the old .......


And in with the new.  It's a tight fit since the closet isn't very big, but he got it in along with two water shutoffs.  When I leave, I can shut the water off to the house and turn the heat down to pilot light only.  NICE!!  It took three hours, but he did a fabulous job.  He will definitely get any and ALL of my future business.


About an hour after the plumber, the electrician showed up.  What a hunk HE was!!  He went straight to work fixing my RV plug in the crazy wind that froze you to the bone almost instantly.  Thirty minutes later he came in the house to check out the plugs.

You know I love tools that make things easier to do.  He had the sweetest tiny little drill with a magnetic tip to hold the screws and a LIGHT so he could see.  I need one!!  He laughed at me!!

First we checked out why turning the iron on dims the lights.  Come to find out, it's a 1700 watt gadget that sucks the power right out of the 15 amp circuit breaker.  He said it wouldn't hurt anything, but if the breaker flips off, I better look for another iron.  No worries, I'm just going to order another one.  I like big machines and go-fast cars, but I guess I better gear it down in this case.

Then we headed to the kitchen to check the two plugs not working.  We looked high and low for another GFI, but none were to be found.  That's when he pulled out another cool little gadget.  He took the plug out of the wall, hooked up this gizzy to the wires (when they were HOT no less), then held another tool as he walked around the walls.  It kept beeping, meaning he was following the wires through the wall.  

When it quit beeping, he said there's the problem, as he stood in front of an outlet on the other side of the wall.  He took THAT outlet apart and found a very loose wire.  He tightened it up and VOILA!!!  My outlets work.  I jumped for joy!!!  So did he since now he doesn't have to crawl under the house, which was the next option!!  I'M BACK IN BUSINESS!!  To make it even better, we laughed a lot wasting an hour of his time, and he only charged me $120 for all the work, including the RV plug.

That's two big things off my mind in one day, thanks to some great guys!  They are now on speed dial!!

Since the weather is going to be perfect today, I thought I should smoke these ribs from Costco.  I know it's weird, but you smother them in mustard, which does not add any taste, surprisingly.


It just holds the Pig Powder on while it helps tenderize them in the fridge overnight.  This morning they'll go in the smoker.  Maybe I'll even put on some shorts and hang out on the patio.  That will be a first for this trip!


And so another crazy weather day ended with dinner at the Chance house.  I took a salad bar and Patty whipped up one of her special casseroles.  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day of flushing TWO worries down the drain!!  




12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day all around! It is so nice to find competent, friendly tradesmen, I think you lucked out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally lucked out Jim. The last plumber I had here didn't even know his name!

      Delete
  2. All of the trades have interesting gadgets that amaze the rest of the world. Lol. I’m glad you have found good folks to help out. Shorts would be nice but so far I think snow pants or lined jeans would work better.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Deb ... too bad I left my skiing gear in California. I could have used those snow pants!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are back in business. Your electrician hunk was probably laughing for that hour on your dime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know ... he seemed stumped for the first 30 minutes. I'm just glad he got it fixed.

      Delete
  4. That was a good day for you to have two of your issues resolved and with nice tradespeople that you were happy with. Crazy winds for sure all around even here in Florida. Looking forward to a photo of the cooked ribs. We are envious as we do not have a smoker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird weather everywhere it seems. They make very small portable smokers ... perfect for RV's.

      Delete
  5. A plumber and an electrician that both did good work, in one day, and took care of the issues you called them about. Then dinner with friends...you are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a roll...good news with the test results...competent and knowledgeable repairmen...warmer days...good food. May all this goodness continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very thankful Elva!! Things don't usually go this good for me! Ha!!!

      Delete