Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Crazy Yuma Weather

 It was some kind of crazy in Yuma this morning.  The wind was blowing ... the rain was falling ... it was cold ... definitely NOT desert weather.  I was waiting for it to snow any second!


The clouds were ominous.  That's not the sun shining ... it's a light standard.  That made it a little tough to want to trot outside with Cooper, but trot we did ... as fast as I could!


Cooper ran right into the lake.  One thing he's not afraid of is water.  It rained on and off all morning, keeping me inside to pack up all the dog toys.  


I ventured out to try and figure out why my propane sensor said I still had 100% after using my heater for four days.  I had switched to the newly filled tank when I thought the other one was leaking.  Somehow, it didn't switch over.  Apparently I was STILL on the 18% tank, now at 7%.  I guess I fixed the leak, but I thought it would switch to whichever tank I wanted.  Seems that is not the case.


Frustrated after messing with it in the cold, I mentioned how nice it would be to have a hot chocolate since it was National Hot Chocolate Day.  Cindy gave me her last one.  That's a GOOD friend who eased my aggravation.  

Okay, I admit I called poor Bill and bothered him yet again.  He said my tanks will not switch over until one is empty.  Okay then ... I'm back on the low one and we'll see what happens.  AND I'm going to buy some more hot chocolate.  Oh for my old rig that had a huge tank and never needed to be switched over.


 Next up I hit the Chevron station for fuel.  Somehow they are cheaper than anyone else.  I have NEVER known them to be cheaper, but at $4.19, I filled the tank.  I would say "not bad", but I'm remembering the $3.69 it was not too long ago.

Lastly I went to a Grand Design dealer I saw next to the freeway.  Somewhere along the way from California to Arizona, the handle for one of the two grey tanks fell off.  Instead of a screw-on handle, they put on one that has a screw to hold it in place.  Even I know that won't last long.

They told me to get this one at Wally World, which I did, but it's not the right one.  Anyone need a new handle?  No worries, I'll just use a pair of pliers.


And so this morning I am OFF for Tucson.  It's supposed to rain a bit along the way, but that's okay.  Cooper and Jonathan will be glad to be home in their warm little house.  I can't wait to see what kind of weather we will have THERE!!






12 comments:

  1. Bummer we missed you. Safe travels to Tucson. Hope it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposed to heat up this week. I hope they are right!

      Delete
  2. Right now in Wellton...8:45 am...it's sunny and no wind. Hopefully that's the weather you will have on the entire trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great Elva. Wind kicked up down the road, but it wasn't bad at all.

      Delete
  3. Windy here on Ogilby Road, hope you have safe travels.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it was predicted, it wasn't bad in Yuma. You guys keep getting hit everywhere. I hope it clears up this week.

      Delete
  4. You got good friends! Hope back home it will be warmer for you and your kids. Bet you are looking forward to more quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM looking forward to quilting!! Jonathan is much happier too since he has his big heater now! LOL

      Delete
  5. That huge quilting machine is waiting to devour all your money on fabric, Nancy. Have a save trip and I hope the weather doesn't follow you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winds here in Tucson, 5-6 mph. I can deal with that! Hope you guys get a little more warm sun.

      Delete
  6. Hopefully you arrived home with no problems. Yum, hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Shirley ... and I had forgotten how much I love hot chocolate!

      Delete