Thursday, February 2, 2023

So Sad To Leave My Friends

 I felt like I was abandoning my RV friends in Yuma as I pulled out yesterday morning.  I would loved to have stayed a few more days meeting up with everyone, but here's the problem.  Eight months ago I had some tests done.  One month later when I was on my way to Arizona, they told me they needed to do them again.

I went right in when I got back, but they would not see me without a Doctor's Order, which had expired.  I called the doctor who SAID they sent the order, but it was never received.  That back and forth went on for three months until I finally called around in Tucson to find a doctor and get the tests done here.  

It took two months to get that appointment, so I cannot miss it.  I had to leave ... very sad that I wasn't going to meet up with more friends this year.  Maybe in the springtime ... if that ever comes!!  It's a chilly 37 this morning, but should warm all the way up to 59!!!  Woohoo!

I just had to show you the quilt Ray was working on.  It still needs something like 5 borders put on, but isn't this fabulous?  Little Penny obviously loves it too!!


It's a little tough snuggling with Cooper in the rig.  Those recliners just are NOT wide enough.  That's his spot though, and he was not going to be deterred.


I mean really, how could you not play ball with that face!!!  I throw it, he catches it and rolls it off the chair so I can throw it again.  He has me so well trained.


We woke up to no wind, so I packed up the rig and headed out at 8:30.  The wind always seems to come up as it warms up, so I wanted to get on the road early.  It was breezy, but not bad at all.


It appeared a big storm had come through in the night.  The roads were really wet with water still running off the sides.  What a beautiful day to be traveling.


I'm sure there's a name for this mountain in Wellton.  It's just so weird to see it rising out in the middle of the flat desert.  I sent Elva a wave by text message.


I turned the music up loud and sang most of the way, bringing on screeches and lots of talking from Jonathan.  He does love it with there are loud screeching noises.

I cruised right along as the wind died down completely and there was little traffic.  Still, five hours of driving is tiring.  I had planned on a particular rest area, but it was closed, so we just kept on trucking.

 I stopped in at the fairgrounds to dump my tanks, finding that they were now charging $10 instead of $5.  I headed on back, to find the road blocked by construction.  They told me to go around.  I've been to the fairgrounds many times, but the road to the back of the barns appeared to be closed.

I turned in at the RV park for directions, to be greeted by a lady smoking a pipe.  UGH ... that stuff stinks!!!  Anyway, one of the guys ran back with his golf cart, then came back to chauffeur me through the maze.  I certainly did get to practice my driving skills!!  His golf cart went through easily ... my rig, not so much!  Tanks dumped, even though the black tank says I'm still 3/4 full, I was back on the road to home.

That's when I spotted this.  There were maybe 8 State Trooper vehicles surrounding a completely trashed brand new pickup truck, which I didn't even come close to getting in this picture.  They must have used a spike strip because there were NO tires left ... only rims.  Sitting on the rail were seven men.  I'm guessing illegals making a big drug run.  And RUN they did, but they couldn't outrun all those Trooper vehicles.  Of course traffic was backed up for miles, but thankfully not going my direction.


MADE IT!!  Although my backing skills suddenly disappeared, I did make it up the driveway, but the dog-leg caused me a few minutes of going back and forth.  Boy was Jonathan happy to get inside to his heated cage.  Cooper was a little suspect this time ... he sat in the living room shaking while I unloaded the fridge.


Hey Bill ..... looky here!  The propane gauge finally said EMPTY!!  The fridge was still going, so it switched over itself.  I thought this valve switched which tank you were using, but it appears only to show you if the tank has propane or if it's empty?  Maybe shutting OFF the tank will cause it to switch over too. I'm still learning, and truly, I'm too old to learn new things!!


My first view out the back door was pretty nice.  That's a train going by.  The little white spot is the moon.


I was welcomed home by Chef Patty who made a big pot of fresh vegetable soup.  YUM YUM!! I even have leftovers to tide me over until I get to the grocery store.  

There was even a bit of a sunset to the East, along with another shot of the moon.  


It's nice to be home and NOT have to lift Cooper up six times a day to go outside, then lift him up six times a day to go back INSIDE.  I felt a little weak when I left, but those steps have made ME a bunch stronger!!!  There is something to be said for a stick house though ... no big steps to climb.  Now to finish unpacking and get to exploring and quilting!!



18 comments:

  1. Now IF you were in Texas, that would be SEVEN more getting ready to be sent to NYC or D.C.! Amazing how little El Paso can handle over 10,000 fence jumpers each month yet NYC is having trouble handling the 30,000 they received all of last year.

    Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because the illegals in New York are complaining about their accommodations. They expected big hotels to live in for free. I wonder who told them that?

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good trip home! Even nicer that Chef Patty supplied dinner for you! You are good to be able to back that 5th wheel in there! Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about good, but I try. Slow and steady.

      Delete
  3. Glad you made it to Tucson okay. You are right, travel days can be very tiring. Hopefully you can relax and have a couple of down days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I'm doing today ... a DOWN day ... down on the couch! LOL

      Delete
  4. Thank God for a safe trip....a beautiful view of the "back yard "...Jonathan is happy....good soup to warm the body and the soul. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect trip Elva. I am again blessed!!

      Delete
  5. Excellent skills to get the fiver in there! I agree with Shirley it is fantastic of Mrs. Chance to have a ready made meal for you, very thoughtful. Good luck with the tests!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty does that every time I'm heading here. Best friend ever!!

      Delete
  6. Ray's quilt is huge, could be used as a carpet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's King sized ... and will be bigger when the borders are on!! Pretty spectacular to make it in four days.

      Delete
  7. We're gla you hadd a safe trip home too. It doesn't matter how many times back and forth it takes, the final result is what counts. You do great, I've watched you back up into a spot!
    It was a beauty of a day and now you can relax. I know you meant the steps up and down tired you out, but I laughed thinking you meant lifting the BIG doggie up and down! ♥
    Our sticks and brick home had steps at front and back door........that's why we sold it. haha kidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Gibbs isn't afraid of the steps. I guess Cooper does a good job of keeping me in shape.

      Delete
  8. Glad to read you made it home safe and sound. What a wonderful friend to have dinner waiting for you. Great backyard view not only a train but lovely clouds. Good Luck with your tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skies here can be beautiful. I'm happy to be here for a couple of months, mostly because of the REAL shower!

      Delete
  9. I'm so impressed with your driving skills and all the things that you get done. It's so nice that you, Cooper and Jonathan are home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's relaxing to be here ... no wondering if Jonathan is warm enough!

      Delete