Monday, February 13, 2023

How To Identify As A Rabbit

 You've got to love it when you get major alerts on your phone in Arizona.  Most places that would involve hurricanes or tornados.  In Arizona, it means it going to rain.  Yessirree ... I got several messages this morning that the rain is coming.  At 45 degrees, I'm pretty sure it won't turn into snow.

Don't tell that to the Gila woodpecker though ... he's identifying as a hummingbird ... and stocking up for the cold weather.  Surprisingly, he doesn't chase off the REAL hummers who will just sit on the other side.


Apparently they have a sweet tooth just like mine.  At least they aren't required to take blood tests.  I got the results back.


The good news is I'm perfectly healthy in every way but one.  I bet you can guess what THAT is!  Here's what the Doctor said.  Cut out all red meat, sugar, carbs and fats.  Are you kidding me?  I was raised on that stuff ... remember cattle ranch?  Almost everything we ate was red meat and fried.

Apparently they want me to identify as a rabbit ... eat nothing but vegetables she said ... and maybe a little chicken here and there.  

Here's the thing .... normal cholesterol is 0-200.  I'm only at 250.  A few years ago I was at 300 ... so I figure I'm doing pretty good!  I don't want to live to 100 ... I want to enjoy what life I have left ... and that does NOT include becoming a rabbit!!!  Okay ... I'l try ... but just a little bit.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I stepped outside yesterday.  It was a lovely warm day with that stuff that blinds you when you look up.  Sunshine .... we had sunshine!!


I put yet another Halloween quilt on the machine to finish up my ghouly quilts for the year.  Of course I still have to bind the edges, but at least it's done.  Funny how Cooper always has to check them out.


Even the back is Cooper approved.  I admit, I love the backing on this one, even if it doesn't match the front one little bit.


And then it was time to whip up some more ham and Swiss sliders to take to the Chance house for snacking.  Add to that some yummy fried chicken Dan barbecued and a big scoop of delicious potato salad from Patty and we were in like Flynn.  Just in time to watch the SUPER BOWL.

Honestly, I'm not that big a fan of football.  It is a little more interesting if you are familiar with some of the players.  In the beginning the Phillies put on a good show, adding up the yardage to touchdowns rather quickly.


At the very end I was on the edge of my seat.  It truly could have gone either way, but somehow Kansas City pulled it out with some time clock maneuvering that I've never seen before.  They gave up a touchdown to run the clock down, then kicked a winning field goal.  They were some happy campers at the end of the game.  


It's house cleaning day ... my least favorite thing to do.  Maybe I can distract myself by finding something leaf-like for breakfast.  I mean really, what CAN you eat for breakfast that doesn't include bacon or eggs??  I'd rather identify as a carnivore ... maybe a Bobcat that eats chickens and eggs!!





17 comments:

  1. I can identify easier as a rabbit than a wild burro. What DO those burros eat in the desert? Chollas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is actually a lot of dry grass in the desert ... and they don't eat cholla, but prickly pear cactus. Weird.

      Delete
  2. Reading what the doctor recommends you eat I do agree they want you to identify as a rabbit. Of course, they change their mind so often as to what is good and bad who knows what next week will bring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do change their minds about what is good to eat and what is not. Next year lettuce will be bad for you! LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the diet. Let the cows and rabbits process the grass and we can eat the cows and rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia has very "C" too, has been up around 350 a few years ago. We went on the low carb diet, eating lots of meats, and her cholesterol dropped to the 225 range in two years. Then we started adding berries, nuts, more veggies and reducing the red meat, bacon and sausage...she is now up in the 280's range. Go figure! For her higher cholesterol is good for MS, and she will NEVER go on a Statin drug. I am lucky, my "C" is in the 135-145 range...just wish my Sugar level was a bit lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed the word "HIGH" in there, wish they had an edit feature...

      Delete
    2. Wow .... Marcia is doing GOOD!!!! High cholesterol run in my family. No statins for me either!!

      Delete
  5. We grew up having fresh baked Hard Rolls, Toast, or other breads with jam, cheeses or cold cuts for breakfast with coffee or tea and have continued that tradition throughout our lives. It is a standard in Germany for breakfast and you don't see many overweight people. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting ... I've never heard of that kind of breakfast before. Maybe I should try it!! It sounds really good!!!

      Delete
  6. No, no, no. Although I enjoy salads, steak is definitely still on my diet! That was a good game and you are right, KC really managed the clock well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love salads, I just put too many eggs and meat in with it. I'm really not a fan of steak though ... seems there is no "prime" beef any more. That was my favorite!

      Delete
  7. Please don't lesson to western docs on how to eat. They are all mixed up. If anything, go keto as much as possible. Eat lots of red meat and screw the cholesterol thing. Lots of docs will tell you they have that all wrong. And if you really want to improve your health by leaps and bounds, Learn about fasting and what it can do for you as far as mending your body and keeping your weight down. The only good western docs are the ones that think out of the box which most docs do not.
    For instance, some docs wanted to know if keto people had cholesterol going through the roof, so they started a test to check them out. Cholesterol is supposed to make plack that clogs the arteries. They did a test on the first sixty people they signed up to check out thinking their plack would be through the roof but were amazed to find the plack to be zero. That goes against everything they have been taught about cholesterol. This trail is just started about two months ago.
    My spell checker says I'm spelling plack wrong, oh well, it doesn't tell me how to spell it. :O)
    bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems Keto is helping people a lot. I haven't done any fasting ... not sure I could stand NOT eating for an entire day. Apparently it really works for you!!!! Spell checker needs to go back to school!

      Delete
  8. I agree with Tom and Deb's comment. They have frequently said something is bad for you just to say later it is good for you! Life is short, so enjoy it as best you can. Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought Becky ... everything with moderation, though I probably could give up some of the sweets!! LOL

      Delete