Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow .... Tomorrow

 Every day that song haunts my brain.  I keep hoping for a nicer day, but so far it alludes me.   The sun actually did come out yesterday for the entire 4 hours I was shopping deep in the heart of Tucson.  

OH LOOK ..... PICTURES!!  I was finally able to fix my phone when I returned.  More on that in a minute.

Guess who came to visit at 4 in the morning?  This doesn't look like Mom ... it looks more like one of her grown up babies.  This made me smile big time!!


Frustrated with the phone, I headed off with a list of places to go and stuff to get.  Sometimes being an early riser can be a pain in the pattoo!  I left at 9:00.  Things are open in my "other" town at 9:00.  Not so here it seems.  

I stopped in at Dollar Tree for a small plastic bin to use as a dishwashing tub in the rig.  Saving water and all that.  CLOSED.

Okay, I'll head on over to the fabric store.  They were open early because they were having classes.  I picked up a couple small pieces and headed off to the SECOND fabric store.  By now everything is open because it's such a long drive to get there.  Isn't this cute?  I folded and got the pattern, but no fabric.  I'm sure I have plenty of scraps.


On the way back, I hit the dollar store.  It was relatively clean, but all the metal bars on the windows were a little scary.  I found the perfect wash bin, along with two huge rolls of paper towels and a metal spatula (I keep melting those plastic ones) ... for $5.00.  You can't beat those prices!!

Next up Ace Hardware ... bird feed.  Lastly, Safeway for groceries.  Who knew these two little bags would hold $89 worth of stuff.  The good part is I saved $15 on sale items.  This pricey food thing is definitely eating into my fabric budget.


So here we have the results of the trip across country to the Sprouts store.  I thought I would try Dave's recommendation of Carbonaut bread ... gluten free.  Let me just say I love you Dave ... but this bread?  I sure hope the quail like it.

$9.99 a loaf .... but I decided it was worth it if it worked.  I toasted up one piece with a little butter and took a big bite.  Hmmmmm it kind of tastes like bread, but the mouth feel ..... I got about half of it down before deciding I just didn't need bread in my diet any more.  It's kind of gluey and stuck to my teeth like a tootsie roll!  Then there was the kind of greasy after glow.  

I'm laughing ... good try Dave!  I'll mail this loaf to you!!  Just kidding ...  maybe!


With the clouds coming over the mountains making it look like there was a lake to the left, I began working on the phone.  As with others, it started with all my junk mail hitting my inbox.  I checked all the settings available and nothing worked.  I'm guessing a hacker got in to Outlook (Hotmail).

What happened then was just a fluke.  If I get my finger too close to the phone screen, it will sometimes click on things I don't WANT to click on.  It clicked an unsubscribe button, which opened the flood gates.  That changed some of the settings on my phone and the fight was on!

It took me about three hours, but I was finally able to delete two of five email accounts, change a bunch of settings, then get them back on my phone.  That of course required multiple new passwords.  If that wasn't enough, I then had to change all the passwords on my computer.  

I discovered it was only Outlook, used to be known as Hotmail, and not my other accounts.  What a pain that was, but I can now send pictures via email.

The clouds came in and the rain began to fall once again.  By midnight the winds were howling like crazy.  It appears this will be the scenario for the next week or so.  


The rest of the evening we did this.  Sometimes Cooper gets so obsessed with this game I have to hide the ball.  After all, he's 13 (91 in people years).  I wish I knew his secret.  He didn't play this much even when he was a KID!!


The sun'll (I don't think that's a word, but I looked up the lyrics) come out tomorrow ... maybe ... just maybe!!  If not, that song will just keep repeating in my head.





16 comments:

  1. The way it looks right now, I don't think we'll see the sun tomorrow or even the next day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ding ding ... you win the prize Jim. Although we may get lucky today.

      Delete
  2. That photo of the cloud bank was fun to look at. The internet needs a "Cloud Appreciation Day".

    Are you sure that 13 years for a miniature poodle is like 90 years for a human? I would have estimated 60 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always told it's 7 human years to every dog year.

      Delete
  3. Nancy, Nancy, Nancy! I clearly said, "Seeded"...I should have said, "DON'T GET THE GLUTEN FREE". There is a BIG DIFFERENCE in taste and texture. Here is a link to the picture of the seeded: https://www.carbonaut.co/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/seeded-lowcarb.png Next time give this one a try, for real...it is very good, and YES, the Gluten Free is the PITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay then Dave ... I will give the seeded one a try. It HAS to be better!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Come to Wellton...we have sun! Windy but sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy rain here again most of the day. The desert is going to explode with flowers.

      Delete
  5. Cute little bobcat. Those clouds do have lots of water in them. Probably, need it. Not a very nice first couple months of the new year for the weather, sadly! Glad Dave set you straight on the bread. Hopefully, the sun will bring us warmth with no wind, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the clouds and don't mind the rain that much, but the weeds that are going to grow will be epic!

      Delete
  6. I buy the KETO seeded at Walmart. Yummy! Not gluten free. Looks like it's going to pour any minute here in Sacramento area and cold. Got snow yesterday at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay ... seeded it is. That gluten free stuff is awful!!

      Delete
  7. Glad you fixed your phone. I admire your expertise and persistence. And as a result, I was able to see the top of the ball playing fiend's little head, with eye's boring into you. More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried a lot of "bad" low carb bread. As a result I have a lot of bread crumbs...lol Good Luck! Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds is decent. The thin sliced, though it does have more carbs then most. Walmart usually has it.
    The clouds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Dave's Killer Bread, but bread just doesn't like me that much. I thought maybe gluten free would help, but it's awful. I'll go for Keto this time.

      Delete